Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think foundation on older skin, especially in daylight, is tricky. Even on SH - younger than me and pretty good skin - you can see the foundation sitting on the surface, collecting a bit in the lines.
Yes my foundation is so sheer it just sort of livens things up (if you see what I mean). And makes me feel I've actually made some sort of effort. Plus I don't really mind the occasional pimple or dark circles - I think they make my face a bit more interesting tbh.
I wonder if Sali takes hers too close to her eyes sometimes? It makes the under eye area look dry and crinkly.
(You have mentioned Australian Gold before - I must look into it as it does sound good).

Reactions: 14
Yes, it's the under-eye area I notice particularly on SH. I think she puts too many products there - brightener and then concealer (and powder?) - and can be a bit heavy-handed.

The Australian Gold one I use is Botanical Tinted SPF50. I even use it as 'foundation' in the evening. Wouldn't recommend it though for dry skin.

Reactions: 6
(You have mentioned Australian Gold before - I must look into it as it does sound good).
I can vouch for this. I bought it on Aude’s recommendation last year, or maybe actually the year before. It’s great, totally works for my skin. My skin is normal/dry. Just wack a decent serum under it and it’s good to go.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Re facepalm and other questions:
If she just wrote a decent bit of blurb detailing general info and timestamps for each product below the video then she could avoid having to get so annoyed?
Though tbh people still don’t read so they will ask anyway, but you can just copy and paste a nice message saying to check the description 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also people will still want to talk you Sali because you are pretending to be friendly and relatable, and why you would pass up on extra engagement is beyond me🤦🏻‍♀️

I find all foundations to be too much for me tbh, I’m a dehydrated husk 😂
I love Missha BB cream and mix it with a bit of Glow Recipe Dew Drops and apply with my hands

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She could put the description in neon flashing lights and it still wouldn't change people asking. It's clear she has never worked in an office or in a client facing role

Reactions: 22
How many foundations do you beef-faces tend to use regularly? It pissed me off in Sali's video when she said that she doesn't think any woman would only own one foundation. Well, I only own one. I like the way it makes my skin look, so why would I keep shopping around?
Two for me. One that's moussey and another that isn't. Blending them together means that I can change the consistency and coverage to suit the season. duck only knows why anyone would want a foundation wardrobe. What a load of old nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She could put the description in neon flashing lights and it still wouldn't change people asking. It's clear she has never worked in an office or in a client facing role
Exactly. You just have to allow for things like that too happen. Sometimes people just miss the most obvious details, but you never know what’s going on in their mind or their life, so you just be polite and respectful to them.

Reactions: 14
I don't wear foundation at all these days. My sunscreen (Australian Gold) is slightly tinted and gives the perfect finish on me. I sometimes use a bit of concealer, using the Lisa Eldridge pinpoint concealing technique.

I think foundation on older skin, especially in daylight, is tricky. Even on SH - younger than me and pretty good skin - you can see the foundation sitting on the surface, collecting a bit in the lines.
While I've stopped using foundation as I've got older, I've started using body make-up. I have typically freckly/veiny white English/Welsh skin which is much improved by a bit of colour and coverage. I'm not normally exposing a lot of skin anyway, but will put body make-up (or wash-off tan) on my hands and on bare arms and legs when I particularly care what I look like.

Reactions: 7
Or had an appraisal.

The online life - the only sector entirely free of constructive criticism. All criticism is trolling.

Idea: *speaks to voice memo” accuse Line Manager of trolling me at next review.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
She and Nadine Baggott said to each other 'nobody reads descriptions' 'no nobody reads descriptions'. Well you both know this so suck it up and stop moaning. It is a minor drawback in your chosen career.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
I use IT cosmetics cc cream - I’ve got two and I mix them to make the right shade for me. I buy them about once a year. I don’t use concealer, or anything extra for under the eyes, although I do make sure I moisturise before putting any make up on my skin. I’m 45, tiny bit of filler in my upper cheeks (almost 18 months ago) and in my lips. No Botox yet.

I don’t see the point of having loads of make up. I use the same stuff every day.

Reactions: 12
I've two foundations (and a 3rd one, MAC face and body which is the wrong colour). That's already more than most women I know who have either one or don't wear foundation.
I never bother with concealer either, not cause my skin is perfect (it's not) but I just prefer it that way.
And I agree, as you get older less is definitely more.

Reactions: 6
After years of tinted moisturiser I splurged and bought the LE foundation. Shade was a great match but it seemed to suck all the moisture out of my skin. After two hours I was desperate to scrub it off. It looked nice before it went all Sahara.

Came across my old bottle of Ellis Faas foundation at the weekend and wondered why I ever stopped wearing it. It‘s glorious.

Reactions: 5
Two for me. One that's moussey and another that isn't. Blending them together means that I can change the consistency and coverage to suit the season. duck only knows why anyone would want a foundation wardrobe. What a load of old nonsense.
I have Nars tinted moisturiser for daily use and a KVD Lock-it one for if I need more coverage or I'm having to do presentations at work and I get all sweaty and stressed and don't want it melting into my collar :D I have a Nars radiant one too, but I bought a shade too dark so rarely use it, but it's probably the best of the three because it's so easy to apply - it blends itself. I think when the others run out I might just get that one and stick to it.

Reactions: 4
I have three proper foundations (YSL, Dior and IT Cosmetics CC), then have a couple of foundation sticks for contouring (fenty - shite, and MAC). I also have a Nars tinted moisturiser and the CT Flawless thing. More than I'd realised, Just call me Wali 2.0

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don’t see the point of having loads of make up. I use the same stuff every day.
Yes! I wish I could like this comment a thousand times. Unless you're a MUA, or your passion for surface means that you're applying a thick, builder's render of product to your face every day, anything beyond the basics is just a collection of stuff that you probably won't use. Like all of the other crap that someone sold to you and that you never use.

Reactions: 17
I was influenced here and have IT CC cream in summer and winter shades. I have a sad old bottle of double wear from pre pandemic working days which I will save for special occasions. I also have a really old L’Oréal one which is the wrong shade and doesn’t last well but I’m using it up on FaceTime calls where it’s ok on camera and just evens my skin tone. I’m eco conscious like that, no point chucking it away.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.