Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ordering 'bin worthy-tat' from instagram #sustainable #climatechange #ecowarrior #otherpeoplesproblem #notmine #indenial #friendswithmisogynists #feminist #liberalism

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Omg 'Hogues' is just ghastly isn't he? No doubt Sali tells him he is only bound to be a target here as he is friends with her. But he is like some dreadful dinosaur from the 70s. I don't get his creepy and somewhat sinister obsession with women going out on Friday night and their sexual health.

And Sali and Jo Jones praise for Lauren verges on incredibly patronising - I bet they are both jealous of her lovely hair 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Is he married to Lucy Mangan or am I making that up?
She's married to a Tory. Not sure of his name

He’s not worth one. It would dribble to a halt almost immediately. He’s a half-arsed TV reviewer and friend of Hughes who happens to tweet out his archaic hate feelz regularly. 🤮
Totally. Also I've just realised Sali is on thread 41 and Hirons is on 14. That must enrage Sali. As much as I think Hirons is a fool, I do respect that she never mentions Tattle or 'trolls' and that's probably why she is only on 14 as opposed to 41

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She's married to a Tory. Not sure of his name

Totally. Also I've just realised Sali is on thread 41 and Hirons is on 14. That must enrage Sali. As much as I think Hirons is a fool, I do respect that she never mentions Tattle or 'trolls' and that's probably why she is only on 14 as opposed to 41
CH is much more savvy than Hughes and has ‘ I don’t give a flying duck’ attitude about her critics. She has the hide of a rhino where She Here is brittle.

Reactions: 18
I’m sorry, @dunhill, I won’t do it again. But didn’t he go to private school?

ETA: re his background - he always punches down on women, not men. His misogyny is his responsibility alone.
I concur with absolutely.

It feels like I knew him a lifetime ago, so I only recall certain things. I don't think he went to private school. I did, and so I am sure he would have told me if he had.

I strongly believe his misogyny is innate, evidenced by his journalistic career was heavy on lads mags and ladettes. And so it is easy for him to reduce women to lazy caricatures, all in the name of puerile fun. It's vile. Although he will never see it this way, he's just being amusing. Except it is not. I think this is why his career flatlined and he now writes about tv.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I was watching some of SH's vids because I love perfume and was just curious as I'd only seen a few of them before. I know she thinks of perfume as 'her thing' and that she's really good at writing/talking about it but half of the stuff she says makes no sense at all? I know a bit about perfume, just from enjoying it and finding notes/how they are crafted interesting no official learning about it, and her descriptions are almost nonsensical sometimes? Says she hates sweet fragrances but describes mulitple of her favourites as smelling like coca cola? A really sweet thing no? Says she has gone through multiple bottles of a scent that smells like refresher sweets? But hates sweet scents? Something smells like a sweet rose turkish delight and therefore is incensey??? A bottle is 100ml and apparently that is 'almost 3 times the size of a regular perfume bottle'... as if perfumes don't come in different sizes??????
I honestly don't understand where her supposed authority on perfumes has come from? Just owning a lot of them?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I was watching some of SH's vids because I love perfume and was just curious as I'd only seen a few of them before. I know she thinks of perfume as 'her thing' and that she's really good at writing/talking about it but half of the stuff she says makes no sense at all? I know a bit about perfume, just from enjoying it and finding notes/how they are crafted interesting no official learning about it, and her descriptions are almost nonsensical sometimes? Says she hates sweet fragrances but describes mulitple of her favourites as smelling like coca cola? A really sweet thing no? Says she has gone through multiple bottles of a scent that smells like refresher sweets? But hates sweet scents? Something smells like a sweet rose turkish delight and therefore is incensey??? A bottle is 100ml and apparently that is 'almost 3 times the size of a regular perfume bottle'... as if perfumes don't come in different sizes??????
I honestly don't understand where her supposed authority on perfumes has come from? Just owning a lot of them?
I think that's literally it, to be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
CH is much more savvy than Hughes and has ‘ I don’t give a flying duck’ attitude about her critics. She has the hide of a rhino where She Here is brittle.
Yeah, her approach is probably healthier:

“I’m not so fragile that I care what you think about me – I mean that in the healthiest way and I wish the same for everyone. I don’t think I would have lasted as long online if I was concerned every time someone called me old. They always go for old, as if I give a tit. Or fat. Actually, I’m 5ft 11in – I’m not that fat. Calm down.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Except it is not. I think this is why his career flatlined and he now writes about tv.
Probably started his journalism career manually keying in TV listings and was so mediocre he was never moved out of that department.

Now everything he writes is seething in bitterness and hate. Probably had a few woman bosses in his time too

He is NOT. Have managed to find a pic of LM’s husband and he’s actually quite handsome.
For a Tory?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’m not 100% sure why this looks so off, but it does. Sweaty? Deeply un-vegetarian? #needsapoo

38485B39-2862-4F85-88E9-6CB5C64CCF75.png

Actually I think it’s just her ridiculous posture.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
It’s very Carol Vorderman. She’s so tit at styling stuff! Those shoes don’t go with that outfit (struggling to know what that even is! Leather shirt dress?) although those shoes don’t go with any outfit in my view. Ghastly things, the winter version of those Chanel monstrosities in the summer.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.