Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another newbie here, hope it's ok to ask a question that may have been asked in a previous thread: can anyone give details/links about the Dawn O'Porter stuff?

The scales have been falling from my eyes since the stuff with Esther; that was a deliberately over- serious and unkind reading of an obviously tongue-in-cheek article (and I say that as someone with a bit of a chip on my shoulder about the rich myself!)

I've seen a few mentions of prawns in relation to Dawn but nothing else, any further info would be appreciated! Personally I don't care who she's married to or anything about her personal life, but hypocrisy is a hideous trait.

Reactions: 3
Once again SH spectacularly misses the point and makes it about herself.

Hayley makes such a good point: it’s not influencers/bloggers vs ‘trolls’, or platform wars such as Instagram/Twitter vs forums etc — it’s decent behaviour vs tit behaviour.

And the people who most strongly profess to being anti-something are sometimes the ones most guilty of it.

A2BC6E78-92DA-4817-B320-C122844287C0.jpeg

Reactions: 9
I'm still flabbergasted by the 'lipstick, literature, liberalism' jumper and the whole post modern take of it all

Has me softening on the ideology of Al Qaeda. Sure there's plenty of downside to the whole Islamic state stuff, but that jumper wouldn't fly

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Another newbie here, hope it's ok to ask a question that may have been asked in a previous thread: can anyone give details/links about the Dawn O'Porter stuff?

The scales have been falling from my eyes since the stuff with Esther; that was a deliberately over- serious and unkind reading of an obviously tongue-in-cheek article (and I say that as someone with a bit of a chip on my shoulder about the rich myself!)

I've seen a few mentions of prawns in relation to Dawn but nothing else, any further info would be appreciated! Personally I don't care who she's married to or anything about her personal life, but hypocrisy is a hideous trait.
She deleted all her tweets from that time. You can only see people who have replied or retweeted things she said in the old twitter format.

The thing about being told lies from a mutual friend doesn't explain the very public group attack against DOP. It was extremely nasty, personal and went on for a long time.

I do hope they have truly made up and all is forgiven. I'm sure DOP doesn't want it all brought up again.

Reactions: 1
If anyone likes a good old get ready with me have a look on Dawn 0'Porters IG page @hotpatooties she had a tutorial at the top of her page showing her getting ready for the Emmys.

Why is everyone arse licking her so much?? None of them are actually reading the forums they’re just lapping up all the accusations that are being thrown around. Why is this site “vile”? It’s literally a place to discuss people in the public eye?? Much like celebrity new sites or magazines ect If you must be so vain to google your own name and what’s said about you then you have to suck it up when people don’t agree with your work.

I find it strange when grown women can go from being that intense with each other to each pretending the other doesn’t exist.
I think, if you want to get all armchair psychologist, it’s because it’s a friendship based on pretty shaky foundations - partly, it would seem, fuelled by the thrill of playing out their friendship publicly on Twitter. It’s very performative - look at us, two kindred journo spirits back slapping each other and having SUCH FUN... no, you can’t join in. Just like Lauren and Caitlin and India and... and...

Sometimes intense friendships like that are just so unsustainable they can only crash and burn.

Wonder what happened? Hemmo lives in Brighton, apparently. Awkwaaaard! 🤣

Reactions: 8
I didn’t want to say anything but MN shut down the Sali thread. Despicable. I came here a Sali devotee and I’m disgusted at her from what I read. She’s a dishonest drama-llama. (n):sick:

Reactions: 13
Not surprised at MN. Anything to keep those clicks coming in. As ever, go back to the money.

Reactions: 5
Another migrant from MN. I’m hopeful that lessons have been learned etc etc but there is a big conversation that needs to be had about influencers, covert marketing, online behaviour and how if YOU are the brand eg Sali, you need to act like a grown up and clean up your act. They ain’t called influencers for nothing & the tone & content of their posts/exchanges/comments/Tweets creates the toxicity environment that they moan about. They need to do better, try harder & engage with criticism as well as the arse licking.

Reactions: 15
I used to be a big fan of Sali’s BTW but she blocked me for asking questions & pointing out inconsistencies. Politely.

Reactions: 7
I’m amazed the mumsnet thread stayed as long as it did, it’s not exactly a site famed for free speech where influencers are concerned.

Reactions: 5
To be fair, it’s not hugely identifiable. But one only expects the best behaviour from Saint Sal. View attachment 45228
JESUS she sounds SO bitter, like a self pitying lonely depressed drama queen, it’s all me me me, very narcissistic. I’m beginning to wonder what kind of mental health issues she has, this is not normal healthy behaviour. I used to listen to her advice, now after seeing how she’s behaving I’m thinking she’s really fucked up and possibly quite mad.

I’m sure she still supports CT in her bullying of employees, cos she thinks, well that’s the makeup/fashion industry and she’s probably treated people like tit herself cos they think of themselves as above others or divas/artists 🤣 who can get away with this tit.

I didn’t point out anything earth shattering - just not terribly positive (in her terms). People feel duped & misled by the whole beauty machine, and the blurry line between journo/influencer affects credibility. I enjoy make-up etc and used to love Insta & YT but the whole thing feels a bit...sordid now.

If you go back a few pages there's some detail on the Dawn O'Porter thing. Basically, back in 2009 or so IIRC, Sally and her mates used to make fun and laugh about DOP on twitter, nicknamed her "Prawn" - rhymes with Dawn, so funny! *cringes* - and apparently Emma Kennedy who used to take part in it distanced herself from all that and stood up to them subsequently being thrown out of the "gang"

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.