Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That photo though! I've seen photos of convicted serial killers that look less alarming.

I wonder if they chose it deliberately?

Maybe Sali has reported the threads to 101?
I think they’d struggle to get a better picture of either of them. That’s just their faces. India has the look of someone with the creeping realisation that she’s left the gas on

I think they’d struggle to get a better picture of either of them. That’s just their faces. India has the look of someone with the creeping realisation that she’s left the gas on
And no one mentions a description of this painting of Eric. Was it a nude portrait?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
STOP IT, NOW! 😂 😂 😂
I have to work and you won't stop posting hilarious stuff and I have no choice to carry on reading and stifling the giggles!

Internet Clairvoyant
Hispster Teapot Person (this has to be a tshirt, I'm telling you)
The ambulance and reporting the thread to 101

Have mercy on me, stop it!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Honestly, wasn't the catalyst of all this, some women anonymously speaking about their poor working experience with Charlotte Tilbury and other brands? Why then did Sali interject herself into this, as presumably a distraction, to complain about non-evidenced trolling? She has moved the narrative away, from women talking about the sexism, foul language and general unfairness they have experienced at work, to basically say "I deserve an opinion, and no others can question it or have differing". Now, note this is not us all having differing opinions on political stances, public schooling or whatever.. but whether magazines should be as accountable and transparent as newer medias, like instagrammers, youtubers and bloggers. If anything she has showed her utmost hypocrisy, unrelated to the beauty topic, as her and allies have used awful slurs directed to women, made out any women that disagrees with them must be envious of their looks, and frequent gang attacks of fellow women have been exposed.

Posting a calculated video, crying, rather than address any criticism related to the beauty industry, making it all about her and twisting the narrative with made up events... why? For the most part people on here are or have been fans, we still read the column, just we expect better, but don't have the platform on the actual comment section, blog etc to express it.

Exactly this. Classic distraction technique.

It’s known as the dead cat strategy, by Lynton Crosby. Boris Johnson is a fan:

“To understand what has happened in Europe in the last week, we must borrow from the rich and fruity vocabulary of Australian political analysis. Let us suppose you are losing an argument. The facts are overwhelmingly against you, and the more people focus on the reality the worse it is for you and your case. Your best bet in these circumstances is to perform a manoeuvre that a great campaigner describes as “throwing a dead cat on the table, mate”.
That is because there is one thing that is absolutely certain about throwing a dead cat on the dining room table – and I don’t mean that people will be outraged, alarmed, disgusted. That is true, but irrelevant. The key point, says my Australian friend, is that everyone will shout “Jeez, mate, there’s a dead cat on the table!”; in other words they will be talking about the dead cat, the thing you want them to talk about, and they will not be talking about the issue that has been causing you so much grief.”

Reactions: 12
STOP IT, NOW! 😂 😂 😂
I have to work and you won't stop posting hilarious stuff and I have no choice to carry on reading and stifling the giggles!

Internet Clairvoyant
Hispster Teapot Person (this has to be a tshirt, I'm telling you)
The ambulance and reporting the thread to 101

Have mercy on me, stop it!🤣
Haha it’s too good to stop! Everyone on here is too funny

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If you think of it, Fearne Britton effectively lost her job at This Morning for lying over having had a gastric band. IIRC, Fearne and Phillip broke out for summer and when they were back she was a lot thinner. Naturally, people started asking questions and she insisted that it was all down to diet and exercise even doing some magazine articles giving away her "miraculous" diet and exercise plan. A few months later the cat was out of the bag and she was forced to admit that she had had weight loss surgery and subsequently lost her gig at TM. I wasn't fooled at all because I've got two friends who had the same operation and I knew that that kind of weight loss in that time frame is only achievable with surgery. However, while I'm not gullible, Plain Jane who lives in a tiny village, is a loyal TM viewer and is overweight buys this liefest completely. No doubt she'd have bought the Take a Break or whatever magazine it was with Fearne on the cover advertising "MY AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY". And when she followed it through and no results were visible she felt like tit, only to find out at the end that she'd been sold a pack of lies. And this is my main point with Sally (beyond the bullying, bitching and lying): the lack of transparency, clarity and honesty.

Ooof, back to work now 😛
Just to correct you there. Fern didn't lose her job because of lying about her gastric band. She resigned from her job when she found out that twit Phillip (who she recommended as a replacement for John Leslie) was earning more than her when she had been there longer and was frankly a much better presenter.

Reactions: 6
This whole thing reminds me of the James Charles/Tati thing (I'm sure you all know - American beauty YTers, had been good friends then Tati did a tearful video exposing him for a number of things) as Tati got a huge amount of sympathy and followers and he was vilified. It was only when people stood back and rationally looked at facts that all was not at face value and Tati herself came under severe scrutiny and the timing/reasons for the video were questioned. Now obviously this isn't exactly the same but reading other comments elsewhere (obv not twitter) a lot of people say they've had a look here and though, yes it can be mean and not to their liking, it is not the irrational deranged hate-filled knuckle-dragging cess pool they imagined. So much so Sali had to spell out it was Tattle as the specific threats to her family couldn't be found.
I'm still actually amazed India Knight thinks it acceptable to hint her husband would like to pay Tattlers a visit if Sali has their addresses. Actually it wasn't even a hint. If that isn't a specific threat I don't know what is. Or one of Pixiwoo hoping people are outed and lose their jobs for questioning if Sali had botox.

"Stop talking about people you don't know you tragic duck. Sali Hughes - everything but the kitchen toaster" is my suggestion for thread title

Reactions: 5
Another ex-GTLer here who found my way here after seeing her video and googling to see what the fuss was about. From her hysterical rant you'd think people were stalking her, not bitching on a gossip forum.

Like others I've grown disenchanted with her recommendations, become cynical about her impartiality with freebies and #kindlygifted and disappointed about the way she's transformed from girl next door to bitchy wannabe celebrity. We met at an event in around 2011 and I thought she was lovely. Then I went to another event a couple of years ago with a group of ex GTLers and she and Dog Walker Lauren completely blanked all of us and gave us a look like we were something she'd trod in. I had to unfollow her on Twitter because of the holier-than-though pontificating.

I'm glad I found this site and learned it's not just me! So thanks for that Sali.

Reactions: 22
Just to correct you there. Fern didn't lose her job because of lying about her gastric band. She resigned from her job when she found out that twit Phillip (who she recommended as a replacement for John Leslie) was earning more than her when she had been there longer and was frankly a much better presenter.
I stand corrected. However, IIRC, she left not long after the whole gastric band thing was out of the bag. And also, as far as I remember, when she was reading her "official" statement on air on why she had resigned she muttered "bollocks" under her breath. I'm not doubting your words, please don't think I am, but I really remember reading at the time that losing her TM gig and being forced to admit the gastric band were linked.

India Knight is interesting isn't she?

I had no idea she has written a diet book. It's called "Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet: From Pig to Twig".

I would consider that title problematic. It's not ok to call a fat person a pig.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
My humble suggestion for next thread title - "shitmouths, female incels and bin people, come one, come all"

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This whole thing reminds me of the James Charles/Tati thing (I'm sure you all know - American beauty YTers, had been good friends then Tati did a tearful video exposing him for a number of things) as Tati got a huge amount of sympathy and followers and he was vilified. It was only when people stood back and rationally looked at facts that all was not at face value and Tati herself came under severe scrutiny and the timing/reasons for the video were questioned. Now obviously this isn't exactly the same but reading other comments elsewhere (obv not twitter) a lot of people say they've had a look here and though, yes it can be mean and not to their liking, it is not the irrational deranged hate-filled knuckle-dragging cess pool they imagined. So much so Sali had to spell out it was Tattle as the specific threats to her family couldn't be found.
I'm still actually amazed India Knight thinks it acceptable to hint her husband would like to pay Tattlers a visit if Sali has their addresses. Actually it wasn't even a hint. If that isn't a specific threat I don't know what is. Or one of Pixiwoo hoping people are outed and lose their jobs for questioning if Sali had botox.
Coincidently SH went on to Late Night Woman's Hour to discuss the Tati/James Charles furore. Her position was that a woman in her 40s should be above this kind of thing...

• Haha
The Idiot proof diet really worked for me. I met India a couple of years later - still 20kg down - and thanked her for the book. She looked at me as if she’d just found me on the sole of her shoe.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Another ex-GTLer here who found my way here after seeing her video and googling to see what the fuss was about. From her hysterical rant you'd think people were stalking her, not bitching on a gossip forum.

Like others I've grown disenchanted with her recommendations, become cynical about her impartiality with freebies and #kindlygifted and disappointed about the way she's transformed from girl next door to bitchy wannabe celebrity. We met at an event in around 2011 and I thought she was lovely. Then I went to another event a couple of years ago with a group of ex GTLers and she and Dog Walker Lauren completely blanked all of us and gave us a look like we were something she'd trod in. I had to unfollow her on Twitter because of the holier-than-though pontificating.

I'm glad I found this site and learned it's not just me! So thanks for that Sali.
Erm, I've noticed your alias, is your name Lauren perchance?:p

Reactions: 1
Coincidently SH went on to Late Night Woman's Hour to discuss the Tati/James Charles furore. Her position was that a woman in her 40s should be above this kind of thing...
Noooo! That is brilliant. So she is probably also aware Tati's subscriber numbers went through the roof.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.