Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember From Pig to Twig. I actually DID From Pig to Twig. Although I was not as much of a pig as India and Neris. No idea if Neris kept it off, but India most certainly did not. Fancy writing a diet book and banging on about how much weight you have lost and trying to get people (women) to buy into your ideas/concepts and then piling all the weight back on plus some because you are a crap example and can't keep your trotters out of the biscuit tin. Sali surrounds herself with aggressive mouthy women (Hirons, Knight). They love to belittle and intimidate but woe betide anyone who criticizes them, for THEY must be the criticizer and we must be the pathetic skid marks that lap it all up and nod appreciatively while yearning for their over-priced cliched caption sweaters.
India and EJ are a match made in heaven - both disgustingly obnoxious and full of themselves. EJ is like one of those drink sodden tramps shouting "I'll fight you I will!" - everything is an excuse for fisticuffs.

Reactions: 9
Just to correct you there. Fern didn't lose her job because of lying about her gastric band. She resigned from her job when she found out that twit Phillip (who she recommended as a replacement for John Leslie) was earning more than her when she had been there longer and was frankly a much better presenter.
I remember that now. Ugh.
India Knight is interesting isn't she?

I had no idea she has written a diet book. It's called "Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet: From Pig to Twig".

I would consider that title problematic. It's not ok to call a fat person a pig.
WHAT? Who the duck approved that book title?! It sounds like something from Alan Partridge

I remember From Pig to Twig. I actually DID From Pig to Twig. Although I was not as much of a pig as India and Neris. No idea if Neris kept it off, but India most certainly did not. Fancy writing a diet book and banging on about how much weight you have lost and trying to get people (women) to buy into your ideas/concepts and then piling all the weight back on plus some because you are a crap example and can't keep your trotters out of the biscuit tin. Sali surrounds herself with aggressive mouthy women (Hirons, Knight). They love to belittle and intimidate but woe betide anyone who criticizes them, for THEY must be the criticizer and we must be the pathetic skid marks that lap it all up and nod appreciatively while yearning for their over-priced cliched caption sweaters.
India and EJ are a match made in heaven - both disgustingly obnoxious and full of themselves. EJ is like one of those drink sodden tramps shouting "I'll fight you I will!" - everything is an excuse for fisticuffs.
🤣 They are all doasIsayers

Reactions: 2
I have read the IK tweet re Naga Manchatty several times with increasing enjoyment. I seriously thought at first it was quite funny self parody but no! She meant it! Some of the comments are very funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh I actually like Bibi Lynch! Think I follow her on Twitter. Sali, jump in on a conversation and throw her weight around, no, surely not.....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Remember in the GTL days she and Alexandra Hemminsley were BFFs and she was all "Go Hemmo!" like she was running the marathon herself?

Here's a post about how they met on Twitter but are bezzie mates

https://100fortycharacters.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/character-of-the-day-hemmo-salihughes/

Then they had a massive falling out and now they act like they don't even know one another. I would love to know what happened there.
The more I hear about Sali, it seems to me that she can be a really great friend when she wants to be, yet something within her seems to make a lot of her friendships get blown to smithereens. I fail to see this warmth or comraderie with women that her friends have mentioned on camera at all. If anything she’s awkward, cold and rude very often. The repetitive pattern of BFFs one minute then ‘I don’t know her’ the next is very odd to me.

Oh, and Sali’s taste in men is DIRE :

“Hemmo tweeted that she preferred older, chubbier Morrissey to the young, rakish one, and I responded with several tweets listing all the famous men whose hotness had increased exponentially along with their waistlines (Matthew Perry and Alec Baldwin, for two)”

No, Sali. Just no.

Reactions: 4
Just got a text from a friend to say she has been blocked by La Hughes for commenting on her instagram video. She asked why she just did not ignore it as it was a gossip site and she did not have to see it. Then...... BLOCKED. Makes me laugh uproariously. She is such a twelve year old. How dare anyone, ANYONE contradict her? My primary school aged daughter has a better level of maturity and reason than her. I will get in the bin. It is a Brabantia so a better class of bin....
That's the thing, innit. You can't even question or discuss things on their SM cause you get blocked/deleted. Thus people look for a place to discuss things and it's all OMG I HAS FEELINGS. Weird.

Reactions: 8
Another ex-GTLer here who found my way here after seeing her video and googling to see what the fuss was about. From her hysterical rant you'd think people were stalking her, not bitching on a gossip forum.

Like others I've grown disenchanted with her recommendations, become cynical about her impartiality with freebies and #kindlygifted and disappointed about the way she's transformed from girl next door to bitchy wannabe celebrity. We met at an event in around 2011 and I thought she was lovely. Then I went to another event a couple of years ago with a group of ex GTLers and she and Dog Walker Lauren completely blanked all of us and gave us a look like we were something she'd trod in. I had to unfollow her on Twitter because of the holier-than-though pontificating.

I'm glad I found this site and learned it's not just me! So thanks for that Sali.
Some disparate, vaguely relevant thoughts. You’ve inspired me!

I went to a couple of the meet-ups. Some people were so clamouringly desperate to speak to Sali, it was cringy, even back in the day. It’s nice to hear some people made friends there though (I didn’t haha!)

And my god, I found the whole twee “Colin”, emergency Bruce - style injokes so embarrassing. You can tell Sali and her gang would find it twee and atrocious too. It’s exactly the kind of thing they would mock, like gin o’clock.

I think she’s caught in a catch-22 of having to tell people where her clothes are from if they’re gifted, but hating the idea of her “fans” dressing the same. Although having seen the way some people on that forum copied her every shoe/lipstick/art work, I’m not surprised.

Reactions: 5
The more I hear about Sali, it seems to me that she can be a really great friend when she wants to be, yet something within her seems to make a lot of her friendships get blown to smithereens. I fail to see this warmth or comraderie with women that her friends have mentioned on camera at all. If anything she’s awkward, cold and rude very often. The repetitive pattern of BFFs one minute then ‘I don’t know her’ the next is very odd to me.

Oh, and Sali’s taste in men is DIRE :

“Hemmo tweeted that she preferred older, chubbier Morrissey to the young, rakish one, and I responded with several tweets listing all the famous men whose hotness had increased exponentially along with their waistlines (Matthew Perry and Alec Baldwin, for two)”

No, Sali. Just no.
But it does explain why she keeps going on about how often she shags the knob off her podgy nonentity/chubby no mark. She def has a type.

Interesting.
Oh nice

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I find it strange when grown women can go from being that intense with each other to each pretending the other doesn’t exist.

8BAB5913-835C-4781-8B33-CB7704939031.jpeg

Some disparate, vaguely relevant thoughts. You’ve inspired me!

I went to a couple of the meet-ups. Some people were so clamouringly desperate to speak to Sali, it was cringy, even back in the day. It’s nice to hear some people made friends there though (I didn’t haha!)

And my god, I found the whole twee “Colin”, emergency Bruce - style injokes so embarrassing. You can tell Sali and her gang would find it twee and atrocious too. It’s exactly the kind of thing they would mock, like gin o’clock.

I think she’s caught in a catch-22 of having to tell people where her clothes are from if they’re gifted, but hating the idea of her “fans” dressing the same. Although having seen the way some people on that forum copied her every shoe/lipstick/art work, I’m not surprised.
She looks awful 9/10 though.
Bella Freud slogan jumper ✔
Black shoe boots ✔
Black mini skirt ✔
Scamp and Dude make up bag ✔
YSL cross body bag ✔

And if she branches out, it’s the hideous Victorian frilly high neck cross eye dress. Yuck.

I find it strange when grown women can go from being that intense with each other to each pretending the other doesn’t exist.

View attachment 45258
That’s cos it is weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.