Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Pretty Honest had a list of idols (or was it beautiful women?) and I don't believe Jane Fonda made the cut. Also, why is everything always always about her? "I had the battered vhs tapes, she taught me what it was like to a girl" etc. She's the interviewer, not the subject
You have to admit, it’s an impressive feat to be able to come across as the narcissist while interviewing a Hollywood movie star.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
I also struggle with this as a feminist - I want to look the best I can but know this pressure is mostly external & due to the damn patriarchy. My issue with La Hughes isn’t that she colludes with this pressure/expectation…it’s that she is not at all honest about what it takes to look good & stay youthful. It costs £££ & lots of time/effort, and is unattainable for most women. But instead of emphasising that she seems keen to try & make it seem effortless. It’s a huge lie.

• Heart

HattieJakes

Post with thigh gap and XS clothing followed by post about her love of chocolate. Straight from the Cool Girl manual.

• Sad
  • Sick

melfish

VIP Member
It’s 2021, the world has gone to shit, it’s as awful a time to be a woman as it’s ever been, hundreds of thousands of people have died of covid, it’s Challenge Poverty week, today was the official day that the £20 a week UC uplift ended and all the endless campaigning to keep people marginally above the breadline by keeping it has failed. There’s an energy crisis where you are better off on the energy cap, which is huge, than trying to fix your tariff. Honestly? Read the room. Don’t be shilling £50 products and calling them democratically priced. It’s a joke.
Why not publicise the heck out of Beauty Banks? Why not say ‘spend your £50, if you have it, buying things for Beauty Banks that will help people who have nothing because, let’s face it, you probably have more than enough in your beauty stash right now and you only have one face and 24 hours in a day with which to dollop product onto it’?

Right, I’ve got it out of my system now. Onwards.
She's said in the past that her engagement drops when she posts about Beauty Banks, so that tells you all you need to know about her priorities

• Wow
  • Angry

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The lifestyle she sells to women is fraudulent, out of reach and she's having an absolute laugh at the expense of her readers/followers.
Well said.
And as others have said it feels extremely old fashioned (not in a good way) and dated. This glamourising hoarding and freebies is from a different era. Sali's boasting about how much stuff she has now appears distasteful.
There is a far fresher and relevant movement growing I feel where stuff is actually valued and used.
Miquita Oliver appears on Steph's Lunch Box and has vowed to only ever wear charity shop clothes. By contrast Sali's one woman mission to create as much landfill as possible looks increasingly tone deaf.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Disillusioned

VIP Member
And this is the same woman she's telling cancer patients they should go to?
Using her column in a national newspaper to advertise her associate’s business to cancer patients is a whole different level of underhand from Sali. This is much more serious than shilling for Hershesons.

If we’ve found this much about Nez Hasan just with a bit of googling, imagine what an actual journalist could find out about this murky world…

• Sick
  • Sad

Aude

VIP Member
100% AD. She has mentioned it twice. Was at the press launch dinner thing for it and is on the code8 IG release for it. She also got the very expensive lipstick free.
Fascinating to know how she thinks this does not qualify as an ad.
As her IG post wasn't labelled as an ad, I'd assumed that she'd wanted to try this custom-made lipstick and had popped into the shop to try it when she was in London getting her hair done.

What I hadn't understood from her posts was that she, and others, had apparently been treated by the brand to a very smart-looking dinner in Mayfair at which the customised lipstick was an added attraction.

There may not have been a contractual requirement to post, but it's virtually the first rule of selling that if you give someone something (such as a fancy dinner and a specially customised product) they feel obliged to give you something (such as an IG post) in return.

• Heart
  • Wow

anais750185

Chatty Member
I wouldn’t pay £13.99 for that in H&M and neither would she. But it’s Proenza Schouler so £300 is fine. Imagine how insecure you must be to feel you have to signal your worth through that.
I don’t want to read too much into her narcissistic af insta stories but last night I said she never reads any books and all of a sudden it’s comfies (🤮) and books ALL DAY. Comfies and glued to her tattle threads all day I’d say.

• Haha
  • Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
The lack of exercise thing reminds me of the type of kid at school who claimed to never have opened a book or do any study but still miraculously came out with good grades. I think the pretending to never exercise thing comes from her wanting to appear 'born this way' and effortless. Of course, that changed when she got a Peleton but mainly because Peletons are a status symbol. I doubt she'd be posting breathless videos of herself on an Argos bike

• Haha
  • Heart

Moe

VIP Member
I see she is following Alice Evans who is trying to shut this place down. Alice has also offered money to anyone that can reveal/Dox the identity of anyone posting on the Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans thread. It’s in the Celeb forum and worth a read.
Sal you are the reason I joined this site. You have great connections and you are a good influencer/shit beauty journalist but most of all you bulldozed a decent person out of a job so do one.

• Wow
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Yeah there's several ITBs where Sail comes across as super surly and rude and asks downright weird questions. I remember in the Lily Allen one where she asks Lily something about the Kardashians and Lily gives a an answer like eh don't know much about them and not too fussed about them they can do what they want at least it's not men profiting off their bodies like it often is in the industry they are profiting off themselves which, whilst maybe glossing over some of the issues with the Kardashians, is her opinion and she is entitled to it. But this clearly wasn't the take Sali wanted and she then doubled down and mentioned other bad stuff Kardashians had done in a way to almost force Lily to side with her and it was just uncomfortable to watch her try and stamp out any deviance of opinion.
Also remember her asking Jamie Genevieve some odd questions like 'do you like your face' which was so bizarre.
Ah the Lily Allen one was so odd. Uncomfortable viewing. They obviously did not like each other in the slightest. And Sali is not a skilled enough interviewer to cope with that, or get a different side of Lily.

Does anyone else remember the rumour that Sali interviewed Girls Aloud and they hated her so much that she found one of them had written F****** Bitch on her notepad?
Or is this a false memory.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29