Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's actually mind boggling when you think of the damage she inflicted on her hair and the corrective treatments it now requires. She wouldn't have needed extensions, for example. And all for what? A few grey hairs that were barely noticeable?

Reactions: 14
The yuckiest bit about that Hirons-Hughes fest for me was a comment about the blue colour of Sunday Riley Luna oil.
Sali said: Oh haha there’s a story behind that… I’ll tell you off camera (I’m paraphrasing, I can’t bear to watch it again). And they giggled. The implication was that a blue dye was used rather than relying on the blue tansy herb alone. I was still a fan then and didn’t want to believe Sali would be dishonest to and laugh at her followers. Oh how naive I was!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
There's a story behind that and I'll tell you off camera. In other words, we're the beauty insiders and you beefy plebs who are the paying customers just won't be privy to such information! What a pair of head girls

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Speaking of turning points, the turning point for me was the ITB with Rosie Huntington Whiteley. Apart from the fact that Sali had previously made a big thing out of only having ITBs in actual bathrooms rather than hotels, she was so rude and surly. She sat there with a huge scowl on her face and was not in the least bit interested in Rosie. Compare that to how fawning she was over some others, e.g Mary Greenwell, Morag Ross etc. I mean, I get that we all have bad days but at least pretend to be interested and be professional. It really put me off her

Reactions: 12
The yuckiest bit about that Hirons-Hughes fest for me was a comment about the blue colour of Sunday Riley Luna oil.
Sali said: Oh haha there’s a story behind that… I’ll tell you off camera (I’m paraphrasing, I can’t bear to watch it again). And they giggled. The implication was that a blue dye was used rather than relying on the blue tansy herb alone. I was still a fan then and didn’t want to believe Sali would be dishonest to and laugh at her followers. Oh how naive I was!
Same here.
Mind you, I actually bought Luna (and loads of other products) because they hyped it so bad. Imo it's massively overpriced and there's definitley dye in it:

( CI 61565 (GREEN 6), CI 60725 (VIOLET 2).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Yeah there's several ITBs where Sail comes across as super surly and rude and asks downright weird questions. I remember in the Lily Allen one where she asks Lily something about the Kardashians and Lily gives a an answer like eh don't know much about them and not too fussed about them they can do what they want at least it's not men profiting off their bodies like it often is in the industry they are profiting off themselves which, whilst maybe glossing over some of the issues with the Kardashians, is her opinion and she is entitled to it. But this clearly wasn't the take Sali wanted and she then doubled down and mentioned other bad stuff Kardashians had done in a way to almost force Lily to side with her and it was just uncomfortable to watch her try and stamp out any deviance of opinion.
Also remember her asking Jamie Genevieve some odd questions like 'do you like your face' which was so bizarre.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Oh god that do you like your face line was so bizarre. It was almost like she wanted her to admit she has insecurities so Sali could coach her and act like a supportive big sister.

Reactions: 8
Yeah there's several ITBs where Sail comes across as super surly and rude and asks downright weird questions. I remember in the Lily Allen one where she asks Lily something about the Kardashians and Lily gives a an answer like eh don't know much about them and not too fussed about them they can do what they want at least it's not men profiting off their bodies like it often is in the industry they are profiting off themselves which, whilst maybe glossing over some of the issues with the Kardashians, is her opinion and she is entitled to it. But this clearly wasn't the take Sali wanted and she then doubled down and mentioned other bad stuff Kardashians had done in a way to almost force Lily to side with her and it was just uncomfortable to watch her try and stamp out any deviance of opinion.
Also remember her asking Jamie Genevieve some odd questions like 'do you like your face' which was so bizarre.
Ah the Lily Allen one was so odd. Uncomfortable viewing. They obviously did not like each other in the slightest. And Sali is not a skilled enough interviewer to cope with that, or get a different side of Lily.

Does anyone else remember the rumour that Sali interviewed Girls Aloud and they hated her so much that she found one of them had written F****** witch on her notepad?
Or is this a false memory.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Hadley Yates appears on the list of services at Hershesons at Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge View attachment 778478
I've posted previously that Hershesons have lost their concession at Harvey Nichols in part due to their prolific gifting to influencers, something HN does not feel to be on brand for them. It will be interesting to see if they, Hershesons that is, continue to gift influencers.

I wonder if/when brands will wake up to the fact that using influencers isn't necessarily as advantageous as they believe it to be.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Ah man, I like Jane C so much. She seems (to me) like a pretty mellow, calming actually honest voice in beauty world. But I cannot watch her put her make up on ….. babe, get up off your elbows, move your fringe…. try.

The most awkward She Here experiences that stick in my mind were Katie Jane Hughes and Zanna Rassi. With Zanna she had her arms crossed and was leaning away from her the whole time. She Here looked pretty dowdy next to fresh, NYC urban ZR that I wondered if madam was pure uncomfortable - I think she had a brown dress and a cardi on. (Edited to add when I search on them, what comes isn’t what I’m thinking of, it was at a hotel and ZR did SH’s make up ..,.I can’t be arsed to do a deep dive).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I would never do that 🤣
She says "I'll tell you about that later" in a prison whisper after 17, 35 here.
Oh Jesus, my memory is fucked! Thanks for the correct link.

A few people picked it up at the time…

479D3382-1796-42ED-9B8E-968B4C57E4CB.jpeg

ETA: Of course Sali didn’t reply to those questions, despite replying to others. I’m surprised Jane Cunningham was OK about it, given her no-nonsense approach.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I remember thinking Sali came across as quite detached and cold (ok, colder than usual) on the ITB with Ruth Crilly. I actually think it was the first time I noticed how too cool for school she thought she was. I’d assumed they were friends off camera but after watching I decided they probably weren’t. Ruth was talking about her infertility problems before conceiving her first child and Sali didn’t even feign sympathy as far as I recall.

Btw I quite like Ruth (in comparison to the rest of that IG Beauty crowd and in small doses) as she can actually write and is engaging to watch. Her makeup looks nice too which is the bare minimum I expect when she’s trying to flog me hundreds of £ worth of product!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.