Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I will never ever buy Samsung again after they "kindly gifted" In The Frow a huge TV around when covid first kicked off. Her squealing with delight at unwrapping this free TV during a time when there was so much fear and uncertainty, people losing jobs, being put on furlough etc made me sick to my stomach

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

melfish

VIP Member
I think you're a little naive, everyone judges, some more vocally than others. I don't think women are expected to look 25 forever, I know I have never felt like this, I just want to look my best. However, and for now, I draw the line at procedures and tweakments and so far, haven't undergone anything. Since lockdown, I've even stopped dying my hair.

While you are correct and that she is still a striking woman, Evangelista is not happy with her looks. This is the bottom line. She feels deformed. I suppose that's the problem with great beauty, once it has faded, or been damaged in some way, it is hard to deal with. I can't help but feel she's damned whatever she says and does. It's an awful situation to be in and probably why she has been a recluse all these years.

I must admit I am very surprised how much sorrow (and sympathy) I feel for her.
The problem is the messaging. To use language such as "brutally disfigured" feeds into fatphobic narratives and is stigmatising. It's very problematic. A simple shift in language - from I am to I feel - would have ameliorated this. Of course she has the right to express her experience however she pleases, but for a wealthy white celebrity to state to the world that a double chin is a brutal disfigurement and to have this massive resounding confirmation of that from every blueticker and their dog? It's just hugely unhelpful in a society that is already overly focused on appearance and unrealistic body goals

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Missypissy

I will never understand the mental process that makes a full grown human think that they have to stand in the toilets of a venue taking a picture of their outfit to share on the Internet. Go and enjoy the evening that you paid for. Stop lurking in the bogs on your own like a fuckin weirdo in a flasher mac.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

nienoe

Long time reader - came here post insta ‘troll gate’ to check it out for myself. Honestly thought I was the only one who thought she was snippy and unpleasant, even in the early days of the GTL group.

Have taken several of Sali’s recommendations - including nez Hasan.
My experience with nez was so similar to that blog post that was linked … fingers stinking of fags, NO numbing cream for the first half of the process (she had the cheek to tell me off for moving at one point - I was silently screaming with pain!!), no consultation process at all … genuinely felt like if if didn’t simper and idolise her throughout I was a lesser client in her eyes.

The other thing she did was shove a camera in my face at regular intervals throughout (or had one of her trainees do it) - including when she gave me the mirror to check out the final results. I hated it - not only did she not ask me for permission to film or share what she filmed on her socials, I felt like a performing monkey - like I disappointed her when I didn’t react in an enthusiastic enough way (my brows were a strong change - I wasn’t expecting them).

nez is skilled at what she does and a savvy businesswoman, but she comes across as a bit of a mean girl. Not professional at all.

Definitely think there’s a financial relationship between sali and nez. Nez probably sucks up to her big time.

oh - and I’d had my brows done by suman before (another sali recc which was crap) - they’d been developing a reddish tinge. Nez said that was a regular occurrence with suman. She’s probably mentioned that to sali, which is one of the reasons sali stopped bigging up suman … matter of time before she finds someone else who is ‘the only person who can ever touch my brows’

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 34

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
No lipstick is worth wading through that drivel for. Once again, Sali could have answered in fewer words than it took to be snippy. Why is she so relentlessly unpleasant?
Probably peeved that the poster wasn't enquiring about her own 💄 (Farrow & Ball, Dead Mouse).

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
There's a story behind that and I'll tell you off camera. In other words, we're the beauty insiders and you beefy plebs who are the paying customers just won't be privy to such information! What a pair of head girls

• Angry
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Just watched the live with Cult Beauty founder and also Skingredients founder (never heard of it before tbh). Sali labouring on about how marvellous it was the products are so democratically priced and available to all. They sounded good tbf so I looked them up. All around the £50 mark. I seriously (and naively) thought she must mean under £20 at most.
On what fucking planet is that democratically priced? Just say what it is - a luxury brand. So fucking tone deaf of Sali to say that when the cost of living is spiralling. Plus no doubt she got the whole sodding range for free.
The three were reassuring each other 'well of course affordability is a relative thing isn't it' 'yes that's right it's all relative' 🤪
Sick of influencers and the beauty industry congratulating each other on launching yet more overpriced gunk.
(Oh she smugly mentioned in it she only ever buys jeans off ebay because they are cheaper and it is far more sustainable 😂 Like she gives an actual fuck about sustainability. Or price).

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
Well, lads. I was REFUSED alcohol at the weekend as I had no ID to prove my age. Standing there repeating "Seriously? Really? But I'm 49!" had no effect, amazingly.

So my top tips for having some graduate with age blindness mistake you for 20-odd years younger are -

1) Dye your greys
2) Avoid the sun like you're She Here avoiding a Tattler
3) Have a grey bearded husband nearby both for contrast and to gesture at pleadingly just in case your foetus like features endanger your ability to buy booze. No fear, reader - I was half-cut not an hour later.

Now, when do I get my Guardian column?

• Haha

Gold_7

Chatty Member
The intelligence and wit on this thread regularly makes me laugh out loud.

No wonder She Here hates it. It’s everything she’s not.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
That JCM fashion article rivals Sali’s tripe in its insular arseholery about the impact of the pandemic:

View attachment 801079
What a fucking twat. And I don't normally mind her.
So no worries about job loss, elderly scared loved ones you couldn't see for the guts of a year, children missing school etc etc. It was 'strangely wholesome'.
The Guardian do seem to have adopted the 'let them eat cake' school of journalism. And I include Sali 'oh no they keep sending me free fridges' Hughes in that.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Missypissy

I have a theory... She Here has a wheel of fortune style random content generator that she spins for ideas in between adverts. It has sections on it that say
Dog. Shoes. Potatoes. Chilli Pickle. Handbag. Melted Cheese. Selfie. Selfie. Selfie. Selfie. Selfie. Today it landed in between dog and selfie.

• Haha
  • Heart

Missypissy

The absoloute nonsense of that ITBW. Two women picking up bottles and tubes and muttering competitively about being obsessed with cleansing. Obsessed I tell you! Showing off about the number of flannels they own. Thousands. I actually invented flannels! Hugging a tub of face cream to their cheek like it's a long lost puppy. Pointing at tampons! Vulva lollz. Its like a French and Saunders sketch without any of the laughs.

• Haha
  • Sick

Aude

VIP Member
The worst is the boxes/kits. I don’t need to watch you open a box full of products that you’ve already been gifted. What’s the point in that? I’d have more respect for a company that sent out empty boxes and passed on further discount to the actual customer
That's a good idea. A brand could make a point of saying 'we don't work with social media infuencers'.

• Heart

melfish

VIP Member
Re the undeclared ADs, I think it's simpler just to assume everything an influencer posts has an ulterior motive. They are just fake, grinning billboards. Trust no one, take no prisoners

If you've constantly got your hand out to brands, why should I believe anything you say, when you've shown you are easily bought? Your opinion means nothing to me

I guess what I'm asking is, why is writing AD on everything so important when it's already known they are just salespeople?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

HattieJakes

Something about this free hair has really got under my skin.

Why should she get all that for free? This is thousands worth of work akin to Hollywood/A list maintenance. Except that A Listers PAY their hairdressers and pay them well. They may get products free but they bloody pay the people who do their hair and make-up.

Getting all that for free and then passing off her "advice and experience" to us normal folk, 99% of whom won't have a hope in hell of replicating such a look or affording the maintenance. This is the kind of money that most women don't earn in a month.

It really leaves a rotten taste in the mouth.

There are other ways to say this, eg "less expensive" or "blah blah does a more budget-friendly version" or even just modifying affordable with "more". But no, she'd rather imply that her followers can only aspire to what she has. "I've got this one (you wish, plebs), but here's a cheap knockoff ... " She is so assured of her own superiority it oozes from her
Isn't she just vile

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
This thumbnail pic really does sum up what they think of us! I remember watching this and thinking it was disgusting the amount of products she had (skip to the end and there are drawers and drawers) and CH saying you must have as much and Sali replying she has much more or something. It makes me sick. I've just bought a new bronzer and feel guilty I've bought it, but I don't have one and needed one.
Fair play to anyone who got past the 'We call each other The Hughes and The Hirons' introduction.

• Haha
  • Sick