Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the actual feck is going on in She Here's insta stories. Is she wandering around the Asda in Bath/Dublin/Whocaresville taking random photos of tit that she thinks will magically turn into content? Has she exhausted all her weather/jumper anecdotes now?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So many Guardian columns are ending this weekend; Hadley Freeman, Jess Carter-Morley, Romesh Ranganathan, Coco Khan and Hannah Jane Parkinson are all going, as is The Measure. Is it too much to hope that Sali will be going as well?

Fingers crossed eh.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
So many Guardian columns are ending this weekend; Hadley Freeman, Jess Carter-Morley, Romesh Ranganathan, Coco Khan and Hannah Jane Parkinson are all going, as is The Measure. Is it too much to hope that Sali will be going as well?

Fingers crossed eh.
How do you know?

Reactions: 1
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Really don't see why they'd want to hang on to her after the skincare fridge last week, which was a particular low point (of many), her columns are just basically press releases with a bit of wittering now, must take her all of 5 mins to dash off

Reactions: 14
Her value isn't to the reader, it's to the Guardian's bottom line

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Of course. The Guardian haven't paywalled their content (just constant begging which is unlikely to work) so they need all the money from affiliate links they can get

Reactions: 4
I always contribute when Wiki begs, but with the Guardian it's incessant and I don't. That said, I rarely read it

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah exactly, Wiki is a bunch of voluntary contributors so I get that. The Guardian should tit or get off the pot as regards their business model- either put it behind a paywall and be done with it or don't

It's 2021 and most stuff is digital nowadays so it would hardly be a shocker

Passive aggressive begging too. I hate it.
You've read 500 articles this year!

It's also astounding to me that they do things like begging but then also turn off the comments section. The comments section itself surely brings a lot of clicks as people are checking back etc. Granted I have no clue about how to run these things but they don't either!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Yeah exactly, Wiki is a bunch of voluntary contributors so I get that. The Guardian should tit or get off the pot as regards their business model- either put it behind a paywall and be done with it or don't

It's 2021 and most stuff is digital nowadays so it would hardly be a shocker

You've read 500 articles this year!

It's also astounding to me that they do things like begging but then also turn off the comments section. The comments section itself surely brings a lot of clicks as people are checking back etc. Granted I have no clue about how to run these things but they don't either!
Crocs and cardigans do not a business model make.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
JCM said in the column she’ll still be writing about fashion, just not with the photo? Hmmm

maybe Sali will have a new page like one of those magazine ones where it’s 10 products (with links) and one sentence about each.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.