Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first comment I read mentioned 'a passion for surface'. I was like that once, repeating stuff Sali had said as if it were the greatest nugget of wisdom
👀
From 2011. I wonder - is the poster repeating what Sali said or has Sali repeatedly repeated what the poster said 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 4
👀
From 2011. I wonder - is the poster repeating what Sali said or has Sali repeatedly repeated what the poster said 🤔
Exactly what I was wondering 🧐

One thing I think we can all agree on is that Sali is very into herself. Selfie upon selfie upon selfie

(with the slimmest pretext apart from LOOK AT ME)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
She’s THERE!! 🎉🎉

View attachment 795225

Seriously, wtf is this picture for?!
Never? She used to 'love face powder' and look really matte all the time. Anyway this just looks greasy/sweaty, not what I would think of as glowy at all. If I catch sight of myself looking like this I'm straight off to the loos to powder!

I've been lurking for a week or two looking at old threads and following this one. You lot are great. I've been a Sali follower for 10+ years but over the last few years found the guardian columns increasingly shite and been lost as to where to find recommendations and I've noted down so many things from here! I don't have Instagram so had no idea what she was really like now. It's so disappointing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Sali would despair If she saw me. No blusher or lipstick. Ever.
I guess I never look pretty or polished.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just watched the live with Cult Beauty founder and also Skingredients founder (never heard of it before tbh). Sali labouring on about how marvellous it was the products are so democratically priced and available to all. They sounded good tbf so I looked them up. All around the £50 mark. I seriously (and naively) thought she must mean under £20 at most.
On what bleeping planet is that democratically priced? Just say what it is - a luxury brand. So bleeping tone deaf of Sali to say that when the cost of living is spiralling. Plus no doubt she got the whole sodding range for free.
The three were reassuring each other 'well of course affordability is a relative thing isn't it' 'yes that's right it's all relative' 🤪
Sick of influencers and the beauty industry congratulating each other on launching yet more overpriced gunk.
(Oh she smugly mentioned in it she only ever buys jeans off ebay because they are cheaper and it is far more sustainable 😂 Like she gives an actual duck about sustainability. Or price).

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
According to Sali's website she wears Custard in the Nars creamy concealer. Whereas I am a Vanilla. So I suppose I am beyond 'deathly pale' and into corpse territory?💀

• Haha
Reactions: 16
According to Sali's website she wears Custard in the Nars creamy concealer. Whereas I am a Vanilla. So I suppose I am beyond 'deathly pale' and into corpse territory?💀
I don't have that concealer but I wore hourglass immaculate foundation for a while in 'blanc' 👻 not spot on but still the best colour match I'd had at the time. Annoyingly I have yellow undertones. I just don't really wear foundation any more, wasted so much money looking unnaturally pink/orange 😔

Reactions: 5
Oh Jane Fonda is one of her icons now? Someone who shaped how she felt about being a girl? Strange then that she has never felt the need to speak about said idol before

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Cannot help feel that this interview is wasted on her. That is really bad of me isn't it? Jane Fonda is a really interesting person and Sali is not a great writer. How did she get this gig?
Worry not, it's pretty much an adversarial. Also you don't need to buy a copy of Grazia to read it!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
It’s basically a L’Oreal ad. But Sali manages to duck it up anyway. Her first few sentences are dire. Not sure how much further I can get…

0FC4E977-D86B-458A-9224-8D1B58FED6AE.jpeg

93F82D17-8AB9-404D-B81F-569CEDE65A58.jpeg

306CD814-3AFA-4800-83F3-02F6A8907BD2.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
👀
Ooh good point! I checked and that piece on SHB about 'internet crusaders against beauty' is from 2014 and the passion for surface line shows up there. So yes I wonder if she repeated a line she heard in the comments sections

-----------

Does talking shite about deep conditioners on holiday really count as 'working'? I find it incredibly tedious that she always makes a big thing of how she works on holidays, as if she's providing some vital service and people won't be able to go for two weeks without an IGTV

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Depressing someone with so little talent, education, personality and humour gets these opportunities. Her writing is so jarring and contrived.

Reactions: 16
Oh I do not fell so bad then. Basically, she wrote an advert. Bah.
Sustainability (hey! buy more stuff - it's in glass bottles now so: good for the environment!)...taking good care of skin (keep it "moist" - no mention of tweakments, obvs.)...blah blah.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Democratically affordable. Honestly who comes up with this absolute BS.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.