Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sheer amount of 'gifted' stuff! Also - I'll use an asterisk if it's gifted but of it's not I won't (I'll also continually write 'bought' or a variation of to stress how many things aren't gifted) Surely it's more honest to write 'AD' than just use an asterisk?!

PhotoGrid_1632342378032.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

“There are many kinds of gray and silver,” Mr. Martin said. “There is blue silver, white silver, silver silver, charcoal silver, even lavender silver.

Hmmm seems to have forgotten yellow/ blonde silver 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 22
How bleeping rude and insulting is that. Absolute witch.
There are other ways to say this, eg "less expensive" or "blah blah does a more budget-friendly version" or even just modifying affordable with "more". But no, she'd rather imply that her followers can only aspire to what she has. "I've got this one (you wish, plebs), but here's a cheap knockoff ... " She is so assured of her own superiority it oozes from her

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
You are my people, as Sali might say. It is so much more satisfying to have a small amount of products that are actually used rather than dithering over 70 identical lipsticks. As for having multiple blushers, I'm still on the same blusher I bought in autumn 2019 and there's no sign whatsoever of it running out anytime soon. The thoughts of having a blusher for every lipstick makes me anxious. Think of all the waste! Icky

Back in the forum days I felt like a freak for not having a different foundation for every mood/ occasion/ look/ day/ season but now I'll use the same one until it runs out.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just watched the cream blush video. The excess is astonishing and competely normalised. But hey ho. That is her 'bag' I guess 🙄 You have to laugh at her nod to a sustainability brand when brandishing multiples of (to my eye) near identical products from other brands. Sali justifies excessive almost obscene consumption as obsession. You could actually be obsessed by doing detailed research and then plumping for one or two products, which you use until you need another one.
(I am fascinated by her constant need to pop into shops to buy products she forgot when on the move. She has 1000s of products sent to her, and numerous pouches within all her bags. Yet apparently will sometimes forget a blusher or mascara necessitating a Superdrug dash).

• Sick
Reactions: 24
I cannot imagine going to three different hairdressers for one hair style (or are they all located at the same establishment?). It must be a full time job.

Reactions: 9
Something about this free hair has really got under my skin.

Why should she get all that for free? This is thousands worth of work akin to Hollywood/A list maintenance. Except that A Listers PAY their hairdressers and pay them well. They may get products free but they bloody pay the people who do their hair and make-up.

Getting all that for free and then passing off her "advice and experience" to us normal folk, 99% of whom won't have a hope in hell of replicating such a look or affording the maintenance. This is the kind of money that most women don't earn in a month.

It really leaves a rotten taste in the mouth.

There are other ways to say this, eg "less expensive" or "blah blah does a more budget-friendly version" or even just modifying affordable with "more". But no, she'd rather imply that her followers can only aspire to what she has. "I've got this one (you wish, plebs), but here's a cheap knockoff ... " She is so assured of her own superiority it oozes from her
Isn't she just vile

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Something about this free hair has really got under my skin.

Why should she get all that for free? This is thousands worth of work akin to Hollywood/A list maintenance. Except that A Listers PAY their hairdressers and pay them well. They may get products free but they bloody pay the people who do their hair and make-up.

Getting all that for free and then passing off her "advice and experience" to us normal folk, 99% of whom won't have a hope in hell of replicating such a look or affording the maintenance. This is the kind of money that most women don't earn in a month.

It really leaves a rotten taste in the mouth.
I don't understand how her conscience allows her to keep taking free hair treatments especially with fallout from the pandemic. It sets such a bad example. Especially as costs will be passed on to the paying customers.
It really cannot be difficult to say 'I insist on paying. Obviously I will still recommend you but I cannot keep taking your time and service for free'.

Reactions: 29
I could understand one free treatment for the purposes of advertising but it's absurd that she gets free treatments on an ongoing basis! It is a bribe, simple as.

Reactions: 23
I don't understand how her conscience allows her to keep taking free hair treatments especially with fallout from the pandemic. It sets such a bad example. Especially as costs will be passed on to the paying customers.
It really cannot be difficult to say 'I insist on paying. Obviously I will still recommend you but I cannot keep taking your time and service for free'.
She probrably can't pay because it would be so extremely expensive. I reckon she has about £600+ worth of hair stuff done per month.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I stopped wearing make up once the pandemic hit, and don't miss it. For work now, I'll curl my eyelashes and put on some lip balm, and that's it. If I'm going out, I might wear a bit more as I'm still a bit captured, but this whole 'ritual' aspect I no longer need, I'd rather focus on looking after my skin (which funnily enough doesn't need tens of products or twenty step routines).

Sali and her ilk are now working with a model which is fast becoming outdated. People have saved money, and want to keep hold of it. I watched Bobbi Brown on QVC and saw what they were charging for eyeshadow and recoiled. I used to love Matilda on Video as I liked to hear about niche Aussie products - she made a video on Charlotte Tilbury's matte lipsticks, with a flat lay and demonstration of 25 lipsticks. £625 worth of product, for one person who already has a huge collection by their own admission, and these will all expire. In the light of day post-COVID, it looks grotesque.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I think the last make up product I bought was a tube of Cloud Paint for summer. I have loads of eyeshadow palettes and lipstick that rarely get looked at that I bought when I still believed I “needed” them but like all of you once I was off the forum and away from people constantly wanting and buying I’ve hardly spent anything on make up. I do like to buy a higher end product when I am in the market but only if it’s a brand I know is worth it. CT and her shoddy packaging does not come into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just watched the cream blush video. The excess is astonishing and competely normalised. But hey ho. That is her 'bag' I guess 🙄 You have to laugh at her nod to a sustainability brand when brandishing multiples of (to my eye) near identical products from other brands. Sali justifies excessive almost obscene consumption as obsession. You could actually be obsessed by doing detailed research and then plumping for one or two products, which you use until you need another one.
(I am fascinated by her constant need to pop into shops to buy products she forgot when on the move. She has 1000s of products sent to her, and numerous pouches within all her bags. Yet apparently will sometimes forget a blusher or mascara necessitating a Superdrug dash).
This is all so true. Who would have the absolute GALL to produce a video on a ‘recycling bin’ when weekly ,monthly , yearly ,shilling more and more ‘product’. You are part of the problem , sit down when the topic of the environment comes up.
Ugh I find this focus on ‘ product ’ sickening and so last century.

I stopped wearing make up once the pandemic hit, and don't miss it. For work now, I'll curl my eyelashes and put on some lip balm, and that's it. If I'm going out, I might wear a bit more as I'm still a bit captured, but this whole 'ritual' aspect I no longer need, I'd rather focus on looking after my skin (which funnily enough doesn't need tens of products or twenty step routines).

Sali and her ilk are now working with a model which is fast becoming outdated. People have saved money, and want to keep hold of it. I watched Bobbi Brown on QVC and saw what they were charging for eyeshadow and recoiled. I used to love Matilda on Video as I liked to hear about niche Aussie products - she made a video on Charlotte Tilbury's matte lipsticks, with a flat lay and demonstration of 25 lipsticks. £625 worth of product, for one person who already has a huge collection by their own admission, and these will all expire. In the light of day post-COVID, it looks grotesque.
I completely agree with this. I too think the sell sell sell model is becoming outdated. I could buy stuff but I don’t want to ! I’m past being told this or that will improve my life. Maybe you have to be young to believe that .
I seem to go through eyeliners fast . I saw Angie from hot and flashy spray some setting spray into a lid and dip her brush in the liquid, then into eyeshadow. It’s great - stays all day and you can use any eyeshadow. I use a dark purple eyeshadow . It’s also a s9ft effect

I should add , if you don’t like the idea of the setting spray, use sterile eye drops

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.