Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think you're a little naive, everyone judges, some more vocally than others. I don't think women are expected to look 25 forever, I know I have never felt like this, I just want to look my best. However, and for now, I draw the line at procedures and tweakments and so far, haven't undergone anything. Since lockdown, I've even stopped dying my hair.

While you are correct and that she is still a striking woman, Evangelista is not happy with her looks. This is the bottom line. She feels deformed. I suppose that's the problem with great beauty, once it has faded, or been damaged in some way, it is hard to deal with. I can't help but feel she's damned whatever she says and does. It's an awful situation to be in and probably why she has been a recluse all these years.

I must admit I am very surprised how much sorrow (and sympathy) I feel for her.
The problem is the messaging. To use language such as "brutally disfigured" feeds into fatphobic narratives and is stigmatising. It's very problematic. A simple shift in language - from I am to I feel - would have ameliorated this. Of course she has the right to express her experience however she pleases, but for a wealthy white celebrity to state to the world that a double chin is a brutal disfigurement and to have this massive resounding confirmation of that from every blueticker and their dog? It's just hugely unhelpful in a society that is already overly focused on appearance and unrealistic body goals

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I usually like that kind of illustration, it’s better than anything I could ever do, and fashion illustration is often very stylised. But there’s no excuse for how unreasonable those drawings are. I wonder if the “muses” feel flattered or insulted?
I think it's a case of someone being brilliant at drawing something rather than someone.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Perhaps the saying "beauty is skin deep" has never applied to L.E what do we know about her intelligence, humour, her stance on world issues? She made her fortune out of being a model, demanded obscene amounts of money in doing so. Has she done anything with her fame in a philanthropist way? Yes it is upsetting aging. It's crap, the wrinkles, grey hair, the hormonal crap, but its life. Make lasting friendships, enjoy people you are like minded with. She unfortunately was hailed the most beautiful woman on earth, and clearly believed it! Yes it's unfortunate, but come on get a bleeping grip!

Reactions: 15
Paradoxical adipose hyperplasia sounds all medical-y and scary, but it literally just means unexpected weight (fat) gain and is treatable

Reactions: 11
I haven't seen any close up, well focussed photos and LE has had a couple of corrective operations since, but what Alice HD described it as sounds pretty distressing - a raised up, hard area in the shape of the head of the gadget used which is about the dimensions of "a stick of butter".

Reactions: 5
I haven't seen any close up, well focussed photos and LE has had a couple of corrective operations since, but what Alice HD described it as sounds pretty distressing - a raised up, hard area in the shape of the head of the gadget used which is about the dimensions of "a stick of butter".
Yowch. That does sound distressing.

Reactions: 4
Sucks for her, I guess, but the overwrought self-pity is a bit much for me. There's just so much actual suffering in this world, young women struck with terminal cancer for one, and I feel this is taking up altogether too much bandwidth. The cult of celebrity eh? Gets the clicks. (It's my opinion, don't come at me 😆)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It sounds as though the combination of losing her looks and her livelihood at what is also a potentially transitional time of life but seeing her contemporaries able to carry on modelling, triggered a breakdown.

Reactions: 8
I don’t know. There’s always people better and worse off than you - it’s not a tragedy competition. Her face seems to have lost all definition - she had amazing cheekbones. She doesn’t look like herself but older - she looks like herself turned into a cane toad, and that’s got to hurt. I feel very sorry for her. Yes she’s not actually currently on fire but fucks sake. It’s bad.

Reactions: 6
I don’t know. There’s always people better and worse off than you - it’s not a tragedy competition. Her face seems to have lost all definition - she had amazing cheekbones. She doesn’t look like herself but older - she looks like herself turned into a cane toad, and that’s got to hurt. I feel very sorry for her. Yes she’s not actually currently on fire but fucks sake. It’s bad.
“Cane toad” is a little extreme.

Reactions: 4
It sounds as though the combination of losing her looks and her livelihood at what is also a potentially transitional time of life but seeing her contemporaries able to carry on modelling, triggered a breakdown.
I hope she's getting the psychological support she clearly needs

Of course it's not a competition. But a little perspective never hurts

Last edited:
Dr Natalia said that the procedure that LE doesn’t work and she’s had really unfortunate and uncommon side effects. I’ve no idea really. 🤷‍♀️
Just to say though that the nude serum L’Oréal stuff is really good. It kind of sinks into your skin rather than sits on the top. And doesn’t transfer. Recommend.

Last edited:
I would be devo’d if my face was fucked up by my own hand at the hand of another. And I have not been one of the world’s most beautiful women.

Reactions: 7
Yes I feel sorry for her. But she is where she is. She is healthy and her face is quite a normal looking face now. She is just a normal person now and not a supermodel.
She actually now reminds me of Ava Gardner when she was older.
She needs to now explore avenues open to her that do not involve her looks. She has a lot of money which should help. She is in danger of turning into one of those Norma Desmond characters who cannot accept that time marches on. It is the danger of seeing your face as the only thing of value about you.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Tis a sad tale of the perils of ageing in public surrounded by people who tell you how beautiful you look all the time. I feel sorry for her but that’s the risk you take if you put stuff into your face that doesn’t belong there 🤷🏽 The psychological support she needs sounds like it runs deeper than just from the side effects of this cosmetic treatment gone wrong. The whole thing makes me feel sad.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.