Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I were Sali, every time I called myself a journalist, I'd have imposter syndrome for days. Yet she shows no sign of it, despite having zero journalism credentials. For her, just uttering it makes it thus
It seems though that her experience will have been exactly that - that saying something makes it so. She labels Tattle as 'trolling' and the BBC accepts, apparently, that that's what it is.

And what about the 'honesty' tag? Was there ever evidence that she was more honest than other beauty writers?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That JCM fashion article rivals Sali’s tripe in its insular arseholery about the impact of the pandemic:

View attachment 801079
What a bleeping twit. And I don't normally mind her.
So no worries about job loss, elderly scared loved ones you couldn't see for the guts of a year, children missing school etc etc. It was 'strangely wholesome'.
The Guardian do seem to have adopted the 'let them eat cake' school of journalism. And I include Sali 'oh no they keep sending me free fridges' Hughes in that.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I've eaten at the Chili Pickle too (I used to live in Brighton, actually in Kemp Town not far from Sali) and honestly the Indian takeaway round the corner was better and MUCH cheaper. David Walliams was on the next table :rolleyes:.
And for all the lipstick literature liberalism bullshit, when has she ever mentioned a book apart from chinning Caitlin's (which is slightly less taxing than reading Closer) and her mate from Empire Terri White? Can't see much liberalism either (but admittedly a fuckload of lipstick).
I think we have the answer why she likes it then, it's tasteless and overpriced, much like everything she wears.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Well, looks like Sali has ensured her ongoing free microblading sessions and future tattoos. When is the Guardian gonna wake up to her?

• Sad
Slow clap for tying it into BC awareness month, to shield herself from criticism

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
For those venturing anywhere near a Habitat concession, be aware of any small or sensitive people nearby before you approach. Luckily it was incredibly early when I clocked this - the "Oh DO duck off" was out of my mouth before I could check I was alone

Screenshot_20211009-085516_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The key words are in parentheses: (myself included – I trust no one else) 🤑

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
That article could possibly have been useful and interesting if the two named professionals weren't so closely associated with Sali. I don't doubt their motives and good intentions in the slightest. But really could she not have extended her research into such an important subject slightly further than her own list of contacts?
Isn't Nez the eyebrow person the one who refuses to take payment from Sali no matter how hard she insists? 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How would that benefit Sali tho?

Some shady quid pro quo bullshit goin' down :cautious:

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
That article could possibly have been useful and interesting if the two named professionals weren't so closely associated with Sali. I don't doubt their motives and good intentions in the slightest. But really could she not have extended her research into such an important subject slightly further than her own list of contacts?
Isn't Nez the eyebrow person the one who refuses to take payment from Sali no matter how hard she insists? 🙄
And also quite limiting if you don't live in either Brighton or London.

Reactions: 10
Jesus, what simpering rot. Move over the NHS, Nez Hasan is here to “heal your trauma”. Google reviews suggests that she most does not deserve this hagiography.

The negative reviews across the years have a lot in common: requesting cash only, being rude, giving a completely different level of service to celebs/insta babes compared to civilians, responding aggressively to complaints. This info is all available to Sali before she lauds the woman in the national press.

Truly, I think this is the worst of Sali’s exploits. To actively promote this practioner to women at their most vulnerable - during or recovering from cancer - is absolutely shameless and so irresponsible.

——-

The first hit on googling ‘Naz Hasan reviews’ is this blog, which claims that Naz was still having trouble with her card machine and requesting cash only, even in her smart new salon in 2019.

This backs up what @Mrs Mangel said here:

11764DCE-1507-4A64-87FA-18A8216A67B2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I'm so glad I found Tattle and can come here to be among likeminded people. "My own tattoo artist" why does that phrase annoy me so much?

And an individual brow hair is not a "lash" 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm so glad I found Tattle and can come here to be among likeminded people. "My own tattoo artist" why does that phrase annoy me so much?

And an individual brow hair is not a "lash" 🙄
I had the same thought about the "my own tattoo artist". Is she getting tattoos on a regular basis like a hair cut or something?

Wow, that blog post is eye opening @Disillusioned

This part in particular made me shiver. So unprofessional

"Secondly, she really left me speechless when at one point, (whether due to switching tools/ taking a break/ who knows), she ended up balancing the metal tool (blade I presume), on my throat. Though it was only for a few seconds, I thought this was unprofessional as she could have used the bed or table for this."

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Where are the similar places in Scotland, Wales, North England etc mentioned? Again demonstrating her lack of journalism training or if it’s not benefiting her with freebies and money then she couldn’t give a toss. I’m actually so angry. She’s beyond the pale. And paler than pale.

Reactions: 20
Another example of Nez Hasan’s approach to honesty… Compare Sali’s 2018 promotion of Nez in The Guardian with the version Nez posted on her own website. Curiously Sali’s mention of Nez’s biggest rival has disappeared. Such honesty, such transparency. No wonder Sali and Nez have a good business relationship.

A4E1E53E-8158-4A2B-889B-BB50E2FBC21F.jpeg

0BE2DC5E-719F-4493-9CA1-101EF595F529.jpeg

.squarespace.com/static/5ebfead028372d6718b7f668/t/5f5a4f5228c44305903b8e49/1599754068506/sali+hughes.pdf

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Where are the similar places in Scotland, Wales, North England etc mentioned? Again demonstrating her lack of journalism training or if it’s not benefiting her with freebies and money then she couldn’t give a toss. I’m actually so angry. She’s beyond the pale. And paler than pale.
I feel so silly that for years and years I believed her mantra that she merely doesn't talk about products she disliked, or that she gets far too many to comment on all. It's been a while now since the penny finally dropped and I realised she was being paid to shill stuff on us........ still passes me off though

• Sad
New sleeping with dog pic, but this time with aggressive caption as well - why post?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.