Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That hash tag has disgusted me.
If this was the winning # imagine the ones they discarded!
I'd like to come up with my own hashtags

#howtolinebobbibrownspockets
#howtooversaturatethemarket
#anotheruselesslaunch
#enoughalready

Reactions: 20
View attachment 716732

It’s on a post about makeup for older women too. I have no words.
Wow, the beauty industry really is out of touch, eh? Absolutely tragic. Pathetic. Insulting to the intelligence. Comical. Other adjectives.

I haven't worn make-up apart from sometimes brow stuff and mascara for about 4 months now and I don't think I look like 'tit' without it, thanks Bobbi, you pretentious head. I'm not giving it up, I am just busy with elderly parents and their ongoing physical deterioration and hospitals and paramedics and carers and all that and cannot be bleeping bothered with it most of the time. I was actually going to ask if anyone has a recommendation for a reasonably mattifying foundation as Bourjois withdrew from the UK market a while ago and my favourite foundation by them (123 Perfect) is no longer available, and my last back-up oxidizes horribly when applied. I certainly don't want a BB rec now though! I'd prefer something drugstore, given I basically have Superdrug and Boots to choose from and I don't feel in need of forking over silly money to the pretentious cosmetic companies anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hello 👋 I'm usually on the Jack Monroe thread but popped over, because this has just appeared on my Instagram. Should I come over here and start reading about Sali from thread 1? I know she is a nasty cow, after she bit my head off on a guardian comment piece, when I asked very politely would a face cream she was using be suitable for my older skin. X

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I did actually buy the fanny soap after seeing it on here. Don’t ban me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hello 👋 I'm usually on the Jack Monroe thread but popped over, because this has just appeared on my Instagram. Should I come over here and start reading about Sali from thread 1? I know she is a nasty cow, after she bit my head off on a guardian comment piece, when I asked very politely would a face cream she was using be suitable for my older skin. X
Weirdly there is crossover between them at times!
Wiki and Limegoss article are great start points

Reactions: 8
Wow, the beauty industry really is out of touch, eh? Absolutely tragic. Pathetic. Insulting to the intelligence. Comical. Other adjectives.

I haven't worn make-up apart from sometimes brow stuff and mascara for about 4 months now and I don't think I look like 'tit' without it, thanks Bobbi, you pretentious head. I'm not giving it up, I am just busy with elderly parents and their ongoing physical deterioration and hospitals and paramedics and carers and all that and cannot be bleeping bothered with it most of the time. I was actually going to ask if anyone has a recommendation for a reasonably mattifying foundation as Bourjois withdrew from the UK market a while ago and my favourite foundation by them (123 Perfect) is no longer available, and my last back-up oxidizes horribly when applied. I certainly don't want a BB rec now though! I'd prefer something drugstore, given I basically have Superdrug and Boots to choose from and I don't feel in need of forking over silly money to the pretentious cosmetic companies anyway.
I'm sorry for everything you are dealing with. I agree about not wanting to give lots of dosh to these companies. Since working from home all I do is chuck on a bit of concealer, bit of brows and eyeliner, mascara and tinted lipgloss, using whatever I have. I look better on the days I wash my hair which I do less often as I'm not getting it breathed all over on the tube. That's good enough for me and will have to be for anyone who must gaze upon me. I have not yet been mocked or shamed or arrested or told I look like tit; so far so good.

A bit random but all the discontinued Bourgois stuff is showing up in Poundland, in sealed plastic bags. You probably don't have time to chase it down, but if you're passing it might be worth a pop-in.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I perused the website for that French company.
they make something called face vinegar…

that cleansing bar is fancy dove

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m hormoanal but she really pisses me off with her bloody privilege. I’m moving next month after waiting years in overcrowded conditions. Overpriced London rent but it is what it is. Just grateful to have a house and not have to move out of my home town, which I honestly thought I would have to do.

I can’t believe how much stuff she has and doesn’t appreciate it. She chops and changes on a whim.
I’ll be sleeping on a mattress for the foreseeable and will have to buy a piece of furniture monthly as I’m on a tight budget ( I mean sofas and a bed frame - other stuff will be Gumtree etc) The stuff she has…I work my arse off and I couldn’t dream of what she has. I’m not even jealous just baffled.

Everything drops into her lap and all she does is moan. She’s got so much of everything and all she does is moan and feels sorry for herself.

I’ve had the year from hell due to bereavement and I know I’m not rational 90% of the time but wtf??

ETA: This was meant to be in the Lily Pebbles thread. Oops. I’ll c&p it there but tbh it still kind of applies to Sali or influencers in general.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I just took a look at Lily Pebbles' account. What a waste of oxygen 😆 Why do people follow influencers?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
According to BB in an interview in the Telegraph, that's the hashtag for the brand as a whole. I hadn't realised that. She's quoted as saying 'The hashtag of Jones Road is #hownottolooklike*hit...In other words, be realistic…'
I STILL don’t get how tone deaf it is. Im in my 40s and look like I’m in my 40s, with a touch of rosacea and not even a smidge of a weak dilute, (not “there yet” but peri-there) but my default setting is not “looking like tit”.

Do I sometimes feel “I look like tit” when for example I’m ill, or stressed, or hungover, or have been out in the heat and humidity (it’s brutal where I live) and am red-faced with features about to sweat off my face and my hair both frizzy and plastered to me!? Of course!

But here’s the thing- Neither I, nor any other woman/group of women of ANY age “look like tit” every damn day by default- like it’s our ACTUAL FACES that are some sort of heinous problem that needs to be fixed by BB. FFS

• Heart
Reactions: 27
But here’s the thing- Neither I, nor any other woman/group of women of ANY age “look like tit” every damn day by default- like it’s our ACTUAL FACES that are some sort of heinous problem that needs to be fixed by BB. FFS
Yep, if this is how they want to sell make-up - by defaulting back to the old US-style hard sell of telling you how bad you look without it, I don't want your bleeping make-up. It's inherently sexist and insulting to women in general to tell us our faces are inherently tit without a layer of make-up. They don't tell men this. They never tell men this. Men have just as many skin 'flaws' as women - pores, textures, rosacea, acne, dryness, allergies, and many take no care of their skin at all, and it shows, yet they don't get scolded for it and told they are unlovable or not respectable or professional by simply looking like themselves. We are. They don't get told they aren't trying hard enough if they don't do complicated skincare routines or wear make-up to 'enhance' their features. We do. And many of us are sick of that attitude. Make-up is fun or a form of expression or a nice boost but should never be a requirement to be just seen in public. To see a company default to this insulting-with-a-thin-veneer-of-chummy type of selling really tells me they're desperate. I know the bottom fell out of the colour cosmetics market since the pandemic and the lockdowns began. They've probably sat around and decided duck it, let's stop telling them they're beautiful and make them feel like tit again so they run in a panic to the counter to stock up.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She’s on Cameo!!!! Hahaha ! Who would pay for a video message from snippy Sal???
ETA ok just seen it’s for charity. Sali is £30 but dawn op is also doing it for £60 ha!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
She’s on Cameo!!!! Hahaha ! Who would pay for a video message from snippy Sal???
ETA ok just seen it’s for charity. Sali is £30 but dawn op is also doing it for £60 ha!
30 quid for a personalised 'Hiya!'?
No. Not even for charity.
It's for Dawn's charity isn't it? Mm interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.