Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to hear @TheSilverFox hope your child is feeling better

Regarding Bobbi, I don't think she would have come up with that hashtag, it sounds like a social media agency trying to be edgy. But really, she should know better.

Reactions: 11
Ahh thanks everyone. She's had 4 general anaesthetics in 10 days :( Hoping we are turning a corner now.

Bleugh, social media agency or not, what an awful thing to put her name to. She always seemed like such a good egg.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
That is shocking. I don’t care who you are, you don’t talk to your friends like that. CM should have smacked her.
I bet Sali wasn’t friends with her when she was a size 22.
I’m going to stick up for Sali here and say of course she doesn’t have any problem being friends with anyone larger.

can you imagine how tiny she’d look in comparison?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’m going to stick up for Sali here and say of course she doesn’t have any problem being friends with anyone larger.

can you imagine how tiny she’d look in comparison?
You’re right - of course she has a ‘fat friend’

I’ve always been the fat friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I had a look on Insta and found this.
Bobbi. Mate. It’s not the curse word that’s the problem.
Oh FFS Bobbi Brown. Stop saying it. It is truly horrible. A women should never ever be made to think her natural face looks like 'tit'.
And yes she may not have come up with the ghastly hashtag but she was banging on with Sali how great is was to be in control of all aspects again with Jones Road. So the buck 100% stops with her.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
You’re right - of course she has a ‘fat friend’

I’ve always been the fat friend.
I think that’s India Knight. Also older, so Sali is youthful in her company. I don’t actually understand their friendship: India is really…well, sucky uppy with Sali. I don’t really understand why.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Oh FFS Bobbi Brown. Stop saying it. It is truly horrible. A women should never ever be made to think her natural face looks like 'tit'.
And yes she may not have come up with the ghastly hashtag but she was banging on with Sali how great is was to be in control of all aspects again with Jones Road. So the buck 100% stops with her.
Oh don't get me wrong, I was not defending her in the least- I just meant that it's likely some social media agency were trying to be edgy but she should know better. Especially as she has been selling products to women for decades

Reactions: 7
Oh don't get me wrong, I was not defending her in the least- I just meant that it's likely some social media agency were trying to be edgy but she should know better. Especially as she has been selling products to women for decades
Oh no I agree with you. I'm sure you're right and she went with some trendy Silicone Valley agency.
She comes across as so wholesome but is as cynical and cutthroat as the next greedy multimillionaire.

• Heart
Exactly! Did she really need to launch another beauty brand, for example. Surely the market is oversaturated already

Reactions: 8
Her hotel must have flopped? (Was mentioned a lot in ITBW)

saw customers reusing the #dontlooklikeshit hashtag on pics of themselves which just made me feel sad

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
It’s weird Bobbi doesn’t realise that it’s the sentiment that is the problem not the swear world itself. Then again, if women like how they look without her products they’re far less likely to spend money on them. So of course she wants them to feel like her products will be the magic missing piece. Never mind nothing in the collection is innovative and I can find alternatives for it all easily.

The pencil skin sticks - Nudestix or every stick foundation out there (I love Hourglass Vanish)
The miracle balm - lots of similar products eg the blushes from Kjaer Weis, the balms from Rituel de Fille and Jillian Dempsey. Plus lots of balmy face products in stick form these days. Vapour Beauty, Hourglass etc.
The Jones Road eye shadows - all have almost exact Bobbi Brown dupes. She wasn’t too creative there! They’re even swatched the same. Plus there are a myriad of cruelty free shadows in the market.
The Sparkle Wash - is basically a copy/paste of Glossier’s Lidstar. For $6 US more.

In other words.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
It’s weird Bobbi doesn’t realise that it’s the sentiment that is the problem not the swear world itself.
Isn’t that quite an American thing - that swearing which would be seen as unremarkable in UK etc is seen as potentially offensive, whereas the sentiment itself has been bypassed?

Or is it just Bobbi and her comms team trying to sanitise a nasty message?

Or is it just Bobbi and her comms team trying to sanitise a nasty message?
I think that’s exactly what it is. And that’s a proper non-apology apology too. Surely (hopefully?!) shes being disingenuous and must see it’s not the swearing- it would still be odious were some permutation of “rough”substituted in for the word tit

Well Bobbi, if the key to not looking “like tit” is to pile on your products I shall merrily wend my way from my current perimenopause to my dotage with a Jones Road-free visage resembling a steaming pile of rancid turds and a broad smile on my foul faecal face knowing I’m not lining your pockets

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
That hash tag has disgusted me.
If this was the winning # imagine the ones they discarded!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
How nice and progressive -
A Bobbi Brown hashtag for Jones Road is #hownottolooklikeshit

Of course it involves buying all her products. The implication you look 'tit' without makeup and product is so disgusting it is unbelievable.
Is it any wonder some women won't leave the house without it?
(But they have mental issues according to an old In the Bathroom with Sali and Caitlin).
According to BB in an interview in the Telegraph, that's the hashtag for the brand as a whole. I hadn't realised that. She's quoted as saying 'The hashtag of Jones Road is #hownottolooklike*hit...In other words, be realistic…'

I didn't hear the podcast but I do remember the Instagram post and the caption where she specifically said she was not there yet. When she was criticised, she said "I thought it was vital to point out I'm not there yet". Er no Sali, the podcast was not about you and all that did was look like you were trying to actively distance yourself from the women you were supposed to be helping.

Besides, it makes no difference if she's not there yet, as it's something that will happen to everyone, so there is no point trying to 'other' women and their experiences in this regard
Thanks. It does sound like she made a bit of a thing of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.