Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really kind of stunned by that. It’s so counter the messaging changes over recent years - that aging is a privilege and being you is enough - it may be that that’s been used disingenuously to sell product but still, it felt like a better way. What on earth can have brought about that tone shift?

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Interesting how Bobbi has stopped pretending that makeup is empowering and all about enhancing and gone straight to 'you'll look shite without it'. She's trying to be edgy but it's quite telling

• Sick
Reactions: 12
It sounds like something you would say with a friend in a conversation but not what I would expect a “brand” to say. Like Bobbi has gone down the “me speaking to you” influencer route

Reactions: 11
Alexandra Stedman (aka The Frugality) is also using/promoting Bobbi Brown in her recent stories. No AD hashtags in site. Has Bobbi done a massive drop on ‘influencers’ recently.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Sali had said that people here said she was lying about being a size 8 and having big tits, she also claimed that someone here said she was sticking her boobs out. She called this 'female misogyny'

Reactions: 5
How nice and progressive -
A Bobbi Brown hashtag for Jones Road is #hownottolooklikeshit

Of course it involves buying all her products. The implication you look 'tit' without makeup and product is so disgusting it is unbelievable.
Is it any wonder some women won't leave the house without it?
(But they have mental issues according to an old In the Bathroom with Sali and Caitlin).
So I suppose Bobbi and I’m guessing good old Sali must think I look like tit pretty much most of the time! Thanks very much 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Using the word 'tit' regarding a woman's face is just vile isn't it?
Imagine if a man said that?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Using the word 'tit' regarding a woman's face is just vile isn't it?
Imagine if a man said that?
I think it's like @HotesTilaire said. She's trying to adopt the tone of intimate banter between friends, but it doesn't work for a brand, and certainly not a newly launched one

• Heart
Gross. I’ll stick to Glossier thanks. Stealthily cornering the market in cosmetics for those of us approaching middle age whilst appearing to be all youthful and stuff.

Reactions: 9
duck sake. I’m a longtime lurker and don’t usually post but I’ve had a tit day and this is annoying more than it should.
It’s never ending, isn’t it? Spend spend spend less you look like literal excrement. Because there is nothing worse than not wearing make up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
duck sake. I’m a longtime lurker and don’t usually post but I’ve had a tit day and this is annoying more than it should.
It’s never ending, isn’t it? Spend spend spend less you look like literal excrement. Because there is nothing worse than not wearing make up.
Also, hello all✌. I’m not usually this sweary.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Yet men get to do absolutely nothing without looking like tit 🤔 It's insane, the pressure on women. Paint your face so your don't offend the world :rolleyes:

Fight actual physics by injecting your face with foreign substances

And don't forget to tell yourself you're doing it for you :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Yet men get to do absolutely nothing without looking like tit 🤔 It's insane, the pressure on women. Paint your face so your don't offend the world :rolleyes:

Fight actual physics by injecting your face with foreign substances

And don't forget to tell yourself you're doing it for you :rolleyes:
Yep yep yep. This where the lack of honesty about ‘tweakments’ (I.e. SH) makes me laugh. If you’re (SH) doing it for you, why the secrecy? Is it because pretending you’re au naturel makes you better than other women who aren’t? Cuz that sounds like internalised misogyny to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
By pathologizing ageing, the language around it is the language of war (like it is with cancer). You must fight/battle it; not to is to surrender/give up. It's insidious and relentless

Turning American with my Zeeeee 😩

Last edited:
  • Heart
Mr Squiggle ended up apologising “profusely”, but still she doubled down on his business. She is plain nasty.

View attachment 698762

It seems particularly off as he was tweeting from a tiny personal account, not his business account. So she is in effect doxxing him to some extent?

ETA: This is truly awful of her…

View attachment 698776
Just block mate - she’s not getting married again. Block block block the hateful harridan

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.