Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep yep yep. This where the lack of honesty about ‘tweakments’ (I.e. SH) makes me laugh. If you’re (SH) doing it for you, why the secrecy? Is it because pretending you’re au naturel makes you better than other women who aren’t? Cuz that sounds like internalised misogyny to me.
Yes that is it. There is a hierarchy of procedures allowed to be discussed. Eg breast reduction gets two videos and mentions at other times. Tweakments and botox furtively mentioned a couple of times buried deep in comments. So she can say she is open and honest about it.
There is still the pressure and snobbery to look 'effortlessly' young. You are somehow better if you look young without help. But it is dishonest and unkind to other women. Especially if you are 99.9% of the time putting it down to SPF and skincare.

Interestingly I was looking at the early Caitlin Moran ITB I mentioned earlier (I do not advise it. CM is unbearable 🤪). The one where Sali said women who won't leave the house without makeup have a mental illness. She also said women who keep having medical procedures on their face have mental problems. Especially if they have husbands who don't. Desparation apparently.
An awful lot of ascribing mental health problems to women and their choices 🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I know I’m really behind but she such an hole on Twitter I couldn’t help it

I’m grunking - sorry. But someone once described the chilli pickle as white gap year appropriated Indian food, not at all ‘authentic’. Which suits Sali perfectly.
They tried to be a chain and opened in Guildford of all places and it closed just as quickly,

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
What's grunking mean?

Ageing is a privilege. I refuse to live in fear of it. And I sure as hell won't feel shame

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What's grunking mean?

Ageing is a privilege. I refuse to live in fear of it
1. It’s a slang word for catching up/reading older posts which developed on the Jack Monroe thread. It’s a constant battle to avoid using it in “real life” as it’s a great word but makes no sense.
2. You’re so right.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
1. It’s a slang word for catching up/reading older posts which developed on the Jack Monroe thread. It’s a constant battle to avoid using it in “real life” as it’s a great word but makes no sense.
Ah, OK. I grunk a lot, in that case, due to timezone issues

Reactions: 8
2. You’re so right.
There’s a poster called GrunkaLunka who it was named after.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The one where Sali said women who won't leave the house without makeup have a mental illness. She also said women who keep having medical procedures on their face have mental problems.
She didn't say that?! Gosh.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Did she write that? Because unless I’m mistaken she (mis)uses that word a LOT in her description of beauty products and here it is in an even less appropriate description of something that supposed to be luxurious and tasty!

Reactions: 4
We get a full announcement via stories or grid post every time she's off for a tattoo, facial, haircut, even boob job. Strangely she doesn't share every time she's popping up to London for a bit of botox and filler.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
We get a full announcement via stories or grid post every time she's off for a tattoo, facial, haircut, even boob job. Strangely she doesn't share every time she's popping up to London for a bit of botox and filler.
or when the hooded eyes magically disappeared

Reactions: 19
Yes this exactly. The hierarchy of procedures. So so honest until it comes to looking youthful. Then apparently it is embarrassing. And should be hidden away.
Does she not get how this looks? And how she is actively contributing to the shaming of aging?

Reactions: 21
I have to admit I checked the meaning of unctuous and it was just a screenshot of Sali interacting on twitter with a blue ticker 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Anyone who would pay that much money for a pair two pairs of stupid flip-flops deserves to

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.