Sali Hughes #35 She wore Vampire's Wife dresses when they were still Vampire's Girlfriend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure which introduction is more cringey from She here ; the bossy hey! or the can’t be arsed hiya.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I reckon £2,500 is, at most, 25% of her total fee. Very sneakily written to seem far more charitable.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Amazed a business finance company think they will recoup a substantial fee from her. Not exactly an authoritative voice on business, or anything for that matter.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think Square are getting much bang for their buck from that ad. The hair salon did brilliantly from it though.

Reactions: 5
There's something of the "I didn't do a tap of study but still came out with all straight As" about her
Oh, for sure.

She's a typical BBC/media type. Cambridge, privilege, 'affluent west London concerns' as stated above. Educated at an expensive private schools, the main feeders for Oxbridge. The usual nepotistic/incestuous media connections from family, both parents in the newspaper/broadcasting biz, one rather famous. Reason half the population can't stand them. They're clueless about everything but their own little lives and think everyone has the same interests and expectations. Sure, she may have worked hard (though typically pretends she didn't to look cool), but she was doubtless in the media door by default, a door many can't even get near never mind through because they weren't born into the right circles or their parents couldn't pay for the right schools. Not that I've got a chip on my shoulder about this stuff or anything.

For the record, I dislike her stupid overlong fringe and her eyeliner normally looks like the chavs round my way do it, but she's a posh girl so hey, it's somehow 'iconic' when she does it.

Reactions: 16

Yel

Yes, she said £2500 'from' my fee. You're right that 10k is probably more likely
If it's a series of 3 posts 10k each sounds about right.

I couldn't watch past the intro, Sali trying intensely hard to effortlessly strole down the street and be caszh with the camera is too cringe. Those awkward tense hands, eyes off side, struggling to read the script and failure to pronounce business 😬

No wonder she's so bitter about her career if she can't recognise the stuff she should say no to.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
What I don't get is that she must be absolutely cringing inside doing this kind of stuff. I suppose she is getting paid a hefty fee for very little work

Reactions: 9
It's a shame the guy she is (awkwardly) interviewing didn't sort her hair out!

She is not a natural interviewer, possibly because she just isn't interested in the person she is talking to. Maybe it would be better to turn these kinds of paid partnerships/sponsored posts down.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's a shame the guy she is (awkwardly) interviewing didn't sort her hair out!

She is not a natural interviewer, possibly because she just isn't interested in the person she is talking to. Maybe it would be better to turn these kinds of paid partnerships/sponsored posts down.
Yeah the thing with Sali is she calls herself a journalist but she's really a writer, and mostly, a columnist. Things that require a lot of time alone, thinking, bashing words into some sort of order to entertain or inform. Writers are often pretty quiet and introverted types who observe people. It's a completely different skillset from interviewing people, especially onscreen, which is where the awkwardness she could easily hide in a print interview appears.

Reactions: 4
I still don't understand what Square is. I know there's a rather stylish little card reader, but it is so small that I can imagine it getting mislaid in the salon. Instead of going for her Hershesons' freebies, Sali should go to that nice man at Salon Maud.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m a bit behind, but a silk trouser, really? Perhaps I am just highly unco-ordinated and more prone to spilling than the average female, but surely these are deeply impractical and require near constant dry cleaning?
Perhaps I’m just smarting that my request for ‘help’ with pillows did not result in a free Hershesons haircut. And I had to purchase a pillow myself. I bought. Tsk.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.