Sali Hughes #35 She wore Vampire's Wife dresses when they were still Vampire's Girlfriend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread title thanks to @Pixieboots.

Last thread recap:

* Sad news people. Sali still hates us 😥. She went on the wireless to tell the nation this. Poor old shakin' Becky was dredged up again. (Sali is certainly extracting her money's worth from that encounter isn't she?).
Yet again she knows who we are and where we live :sleep: Batton down those catflaps again as an anti Eric Joyce precaution. He still might have our addresses 😬

* Her hair is still grey and she is still loving it. Probably. Possibly.

* Speaking of which dear friend Luke Hersheson (of Hershesons fame) got a rare and cheeky mention in her latest column. Awww. Heartwarming stuff.

ETA Forgot to add the devastating news Sali's lifestyle guide 'How to eat cheap crisps and other rules for life' is now not to be released until next year. I know. {{{Group hug}}}

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm only dipping a toe into Sali threads. I might read the wiki tonight to get the full back story since I've lost track of her. I'm pretty sure she is how I discovered tattle following her cryathon.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Having re-read the articles she ran away at 15, incidentally it’s likely she was 15 or just turned 16 at the TOTP recording, given the dates. I wonder whether Mr In the Band was actually on that week and that’s how she got on “via the record company”.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
A reply to Sali’s tweet of her new column today… one of you did this didn’t you 🤪
D4817136-ADFC-45B0-ABD3-FAB2D7BA9DF4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I'm only dipping a toe into Sali threads. I might read the wiki tonight to get the full back story since I've lost track of her. I'm pretty sure she is how I discovered tattle following her cryathon.
That's how I came here, so I owe her one!

Reactions: 10
I am always amazed at the amount of people her IG whinge fest brought here - over many threads.
Came to see how appalling it was
. And stayed.
Thanks Sali (y)
It's not even that - not so much rubbernecking, but there was something disingenuous, performative even about that video, it sparked my spidey senses.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It's not even that - not so much rubbernecking, but there was something disingenuous, performative even about that video, it sparked my spidey senses.
Must surely be the only #mytrollinghell video in history to not contain a single quote or example of the abuse she suffered. Also her lead up where she explained that was told she had a thread here by some influencer also "targeted", separately her husband was told, and decided to keep it from her, and friends knew but didn't tell her because they knew how upset she'd be. Then people asked about Botox/Charlotte Tillbury bullying on her IG, causing her to ask her husband to tell her "everything". Despite not knowing that he husband/friends knew and she already knew anyway! 🤪
Top tip, Sali, from a non- writer - draw a timeline and see if it is remotely plausible before you make another #mytrollinghell video. "I didn't know anything about it (despite being told by some influencers) so I asked my husband to tell me all about the thing I was both completey unaware of and unaware my husband was keeping from. Because of a few hostile comments on Instagram, I asked my husband what was going on". You don't have to be an FBI forensic psychiatrist to ascertain this is a highly likely chain of events.

Her explanation in the video of how she learned the threads existed is a good example of someone over embellishing when they're lying. It makes zero sense.

Maybe psychologist, idk 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I am always amazed at the amount of people her IG whinge fest brought here - over many threads.
Came to see how appalling it was. And stayed.
Thanks Sali (y)
I am one of these! First post, 35 threads in 💪

For ages now, something has been niggling me about She Here. Obvs there's the whole ad/transparency thing, but for me it's the snippy, exclusive vibe. The hyper self consciousness. It makes me uncomfortable, and makes me sad.

(I kind of wish I'd burst on the scene with a more dramatic opening gambit, but here we are 😆)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Interesting, I went back to read her thread around the time of the video, bloody hell she was being strange and unstable. I joined tattle the day after her video was released, I think I saw her video on freaks and came to have a look for myself.I couldn't read screenshots here without an account. It took me more than a year to make my first post :ROFLMAO:
Anyway duck u Sali.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My favourite reason for somebody finding these threads was a poster a while ago. Sali had been rude to her on IG and the poster googled 'Is Sali Hughes a wanker?' and it brought her here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Interesting, I went back to read her thread around the time of the video, bloody hell she was being strange and unstable. I joined tattle the day after her video was released, I think I saw her video on freaks and came to have a look for myself.I couldn't read screenshots here without an account. It took me more than a year to make my first post :ROFLMAO:
Anyway duck u Sali.
I read back sometime after her video and was amazed at how anodyne it was. Pretty tame stuff compared to post video. If she'd have ignored here I think the threads would have fun out of stream. A lot of the momentum - as well as a lot of new posters - was because of the disconnect between what was on the thread and what SH purported was on the thread (as previously noted, none of which she directly quoted). Because her video consisted of "lie upon lie" I genuinely missed the part where she said she was upset about the thread. I made a few comments on past threads when she repeated her "if someone says they are hurting and carry on you are a broken person" (which she said again on the radio this week) that she had never said this, even if she thought she had. I was genuinely surprised rewatching a few months later that it is in the video. It was so buried amongst the melodramatic hyperbolic claims that I genuinely missed it.
Another thing that SH said on the radio, which is getting a little hackneyed when discussing trolls, is that they love when you acknowledge them. The events leading up to the video give the lie to this. Maybe some do 🤷‍♀️(I'll leave aside whether we are actually trolls). But a number of the people she or others around her acknowledged on their SM got completely freaked out and stopped posting. This one size fits all hacky discussion of trolls - or commentators as they're also known - is so oversimplistic as to be embarassing. Would love to know how many "trolls" these internet psychologists speak to. Sorry, rambling post. Started this morning then went out and finished it. Probably incoherent.
But one vital part these experts seem to miss put is the connections people make and the community that develops. That was true on GTL and is true of QANON. It's not just about the subject that brought those connections about and neither is it all unhappy inadequates posting. No person I know irl would have clue who SH is - discussing my misgivings about the veracity of some of her claims and her sleight of hand re Botox in private wasn't open to me. People with columns and large SM followers aren't the only people who can comment. I would't pretend that it's pleasant for SH or that she deserves it but it is the reality. Something being hurtful does not necessarily mean it should be unlawful or that it is even morally wrong.

My favourite reason for somebody finding these threads was a poster a while ago. Sali had been rude to her on IG and the poster googled 'Is Sali Hughes a wanker?' and it brought her here 😂
How many found it from googling "Sali Hughes botox" I wonder? I did. Becky from "Meeting my troll"* (sic) giggled Sali plus a "cosmetic procedure. Odd that such searches took us to a than obscure forum rather than all the articles and interviews were SH transparently disclosed her botox use.

*Sali got the name of her doc completely wrong on Radio 5 this week. Have a word, Insanity!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I read back sometime after her video and was amazed at how anodyne it was. Pretty tame stuff compared to post video. If she'd have ignored here I think the threads would have fun out of stream. A lot of the momentum - as well as a lot of new posters - was because of the disconnect between what was on the thread and what SH purported was on the thread (as previously noted, none of which she directly quoted). Because her video consisted of "lie upon lie" I genuinely missed the part where she said she was upset about the thread. I made a few comments on past threads when she repeated her "if someone says they are hurting and carry on you are a broken person" (which she said again on the radio this week) that she had never said this, even if she thought she had. I was genuinely surprised rewatching a few months later that it is in the video. It was so buried amongst the melodramatic hyperbolic claims that I genuinely missed it.
Another thing that SH said on the radio, which is getting a little hackneyed when discussing trolls, is that they love when you acknowledge them. The events leading up to the video give the lie to this. Maybe some do 🤷‍♀️(I'll leave aside whether we are actually trolls). But a number of the people she or others around her acknowledged on their SM got completely freaked out and stopped posting. This one size fits all hacky discussion of trolls - or commentators as they're also known - is so oversimplistic as to be embarassing. Would love to know how many "trolls" these internet psychologists speak to. Sorry, rambling post. Started this morning then went out and finished it. Probably incoherent.
But one vital part these experts seem to miss put is the connections people make and the community that develops. That was true on GTL and is true of QANON. It's not just about the subject that brought those connections about and neither is it all unhappy inadequates posting. No person I know irl would have clue who SH is - discussing my misgivings about the veracity of some of her claims and her sleight of hand re Botox in private wasn't open to me. People with columns and large SM followers aren't the only people who can comment. I would't pretend that it's pleasant for SH or that she deserves it but it is the reality. Something being hurtful does not necessarily mean it should be unlawful or that it is even morally wrong.

How many found it from googling "Sali Hughes botox" I wonder? I did. Becky from "Meeting my troll"* (sic) giggled Sali plus a "cosmetic procedure. Odd that such searches took us to a than obscure forum rather than all the articles and interviews were SH transparently disclosed her botox use.

*Sali got the name of her doc completely wrong on Radio 5 this week. Have a word, Insanity!
After her video I read back the first couple of threads and like you say they were so mild. I remember genuinely thinking she was talking about another forum as it bore so little resemblance to what she said. Pages and pages probing into her family and private life. Talking endlessly about her children and marriage. So patently untrue it was laughable.
It definitely ramped up here after the video, but again it was all stuff she had said as then all her own twitter bullying was uncovered. I think before the video it had been mildly touched upon. But she and her friends feeling free to call us all the most disgusting names under the sun and threatening doxxing let the genie out of the bottle.
It would be so refreshing when (not if sadly) Sali talks again about here, the interviewer does the bare minimum of research and asks her to a) quote specific posts mentioning threats to her family, especially if they now intend to bandy the word stalking about so lightly b) mention her own online behaviour, not allowing her to airily dismiss it as 'oh that was ages ago and completely different anyway'. And how she squares it with her insisting she could never be mean online. Does she now consider she and her friends in the coven were 'broken' and 'garbage'? c) does she feel it appropriate she seems to be the spokesperson for online bullying when there are genuine cases where people recieve death threats, racist abuse and threats of sexual violence? Does she feel in her case offending someone should be criminalised, which seems to be what she is suggesting. I presume the lawyer she showed Tattle to pointed out no crime had been committed so I am genuinely interested to know what she wants to happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
After her video I read back the first couple of threads and like you say they were so mild. I remember genuinely thinking she was talking about another forum as it bore so little resemblance to what she said. Pages and pages probing into her family and private life. Talking endlessly about her children and marriage. So patently untrue it was laughable.
It definitely ramped up here after the video, but again it was all stuff she had said as then all her own twitter bullying was uncovered. I think before the video it had been mildly touched upon. But she and her friends feeling free to call us all the most disgusting names under the sun and threatening doxxing let the genie out of the bottle.
It would be so refreshing when (not if sadly) Sali talks again about here, the interviewer does the bare minimum of research and asks her to a) quote specific posts mentioning threats to her family, especially if they now intend to bandy the word stalking about so lightly b) mention her own online behaviour, not allowing her to airily dismiss it as 'oh that was ages ago and completely different anyway'. And how she squares it with her insisting she could never be mean online. Does she now consider she and her friends in the coven were 'broken' and 'garbage'? c) does she feel it appropriate she seems to be the spokesperson for online bullying when there are genuine cases where people recieve death threats, racist abuse and threats of sexual violence? Does she feel in her case offending someone should be criminalised, which seems to be what she is suggesting. I presume the lawyer she showed Tattle to pointed out no crime had been committed so I am genuinely interested to know what she wants to happen.
I mean you would expect Sali reading out some of her posts to Becky would asking her about them would at minimum be included in the "confrontation".
She tried to scare and intimidate posters here in attempt to stop them and others posting. Her behaviour in the days prior to the video was, I would say, akin to stalking - tracking posters down on other forums, "quietly" liking their posts there. She was happy to intimidate and bully, when those people reported her behaviour here and on Estee Laundry she went into damage limitation mode. And she got the outcome she wanted. Lots of attention, discredited comment here. But she did it by telling demonstrable lies - quite surprising from someone who has built up a reputation for her honesty.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The blue tick support for that video brought me here - I didn't follow her. I expected to find a forum of hateful idiots but I was wrong. I have honestly had the most refreshing and enlightening conversations on here that have changed the way I think about social media, how people in the public eye 'market' themselves but most of all the underhand adverts that are sold to us as a product review. I see the world differently now.

Most of all the balanced acceptance, challenge and moderation of other posters is a life-skill that we should all adapt in the real world. Healthy debate is encouraged here and that's why I stayed (then I found the Jack Monroe thread and the posters there are the warm, inclusive and funny as hell and I knew I'd never leave).

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.