Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think she was quite attractive when she was young.
India's sole source of self-worth is that she has been and currently is, married. To a man. Any man. She thinks being married to a man - even a gay man like her first husband, who left her for another man, or her latest catch, a man who is a foul, convicted child pron user and a major alcoholic with a record of violence - validates her as a superior being who meets some default standard of attractiveness and femininity. It's so, so obvious how she inserts this agenda into her writing and her commentary. She manages to try to insert it into that awful bitchy conversation above - single women may be 'odd looking', just like women with 'no friends'. It's all projection from a place of deep and obvious insecurity. She's typical of her class and background though in that she feels perfectly confident in farting out this stuff and expecting to be listened to and admired and her useless advice read.

The weird thing with that panel is them all talking as if they're all basically middle aged Jennifer Anistons on their way to being Helen Mirrens when even under studio lighting and full make-up they are clearly just a bunch of average to averagely ropey looking middle aged women, despite all the wretched 'tweaks' and interventions they're so fond of. None of them look any younger than they are, all of them look like average people you'd see in the street.

India's opinion of herself as some great ageing/cosmetics guru and deserved judger of women's appearances is just comical because in reality she is nothing more than a wealthy but stout middle aged woman in what looks like a floral housedress with dirty trainers on. She looks like a monied version of the older working class women I grew up with, who were similarly stout and wore cheap floral dresses and aprons and flat shoes out of necessity, having lives composed of a lot of housework, child raising, husband-wrangling and no help from anyone to do any of it, nor much money to spend on themselves. Although none of them would have been seen dead in sports shoes back then, it was proper shoes all the way. All that's missing is the permed, set hair which has been replaced with a modern 'do' that probably cost her a couple of hundred, and a full face pro make-up job for camera. beyond that, there is zero to seperate her from the common herd even 40 years ago, despite what she likes to think. Frankly, she hasn't aged well, looking at her old photos.

Caroline actually looks pretty messy and ungroomed in that shot and absolutely her age and certainly nobody anyone is looking up to wondering how she stays so young-looking.

Sali just looks like a typical overpaid and very groomed media type who is a bit younger and a lot thinner than the rest, and quite pleased about it and the other woman just looks averagely middle aged, same as anyone else. None of them look like some amazing examples of how to age better than thou or deserving of lecturing others on their faces and outfits. Not that anyone should do that anyway without being asked for advice. If I went to dinner with a mate and she apropos told me I had a new wrinkle and implied it was disgusting and told me to get botox, I'd never speak to her again. It's total mean girls behaviour and sickening in women in their forties and fifties, tbqh. What a nasty bunch of jumped-up idiots.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
My favourite reason for somebody finding these threads was a poster a while ago. Sali had been rude to her on IG and the poster googled 'Is Sali Hughes a wanker?' and it brought her here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 50

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I know I’m late to this one but that un-ironed linen & black trouser combo really reminds me of a staff uniform at an Auyervedic store.

The whole look screams “ask me about our new Dosha-balancing Aswaghanda supplements”.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I was another one that found Tattle via the Freaky Friday video. I actually used to like Sali, read her column every week (looking back the comments section really made it though). I trusted her and thought she knew her stuff.

So when I heard that she’d been through what sounded like an awful experience I felt really bad for her, and then watched the video. When I read these threads I genuinely thought she must be talking about another site. Then I saw her confirm to someone on Twitter she meant here, I read what you guys had to say, and made up my own mind.

I don’t hate her, I don’t think anyone here does. But wow she’s so full of it sometimes. I think what really gets to her about this place is that a lot of us were former fans. I think it stings for her that we know what she’s about and have come to our own conclusions, as opposed to being random trolls.

I know I don‘t post much on these threads but I really enjoy reading along, you guys are a good laugh, intelligent and a lot of fun.

tldr: Thanks for sending me to tattle Sali! That video seriously backfired for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

depository

I know it's been written here before but it really annoys me that she has "Brighton & London" as her location in her Twitter bio. I could understand it maybe if say she had a second home in London, but I find it just such an immature thing to do. She obviously does it because she thinks it makes her look cool - if most of her work commitments were in Worthing I doubt she'd have added that to her bio.

And even pre-Covid, how often was she actually in London? It's not as if she's in an office here for 10 hours a day - it seemed more she might come up two times a week for a day of meetings. She's very bridge and tunnel/basic bitch.

Sali is also the sort of person who probably says "I know London like the back of my hand" which really means she knows the streets of Soho, Oxford St and the area here she used to live. You haven't done the fucking knowledge love.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Annasho

I’d almost feel bad for her if I’d thought for a minute she’d paid for those straighteners.
Some people have real problems.

Fuck her, fuck her overpriced straighteners and fuck James Dyson too, the Tory donating, tax dodging, Brexit avoiding cunt.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Custardo

I am always amazed at the amount of people her IG whinge fest brought here - over many threads.
Came to see how appalling it was. And stayed.
Thanks Sali (y)
I am one of these! First post, 35 threads in 💪

For ages now, something has been niggling me about She Here. Obvs there's the whole ad/transparency thing, but for me it's the snippy, exclusive vibe. The hyper self consciousness. It makes me uncomfortable, and makes me sad.

(I kind of wish I'd burst on the scene with a more dramatic opening gambit, but here we are 😆)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Honestly that pic should be captured “making the most of my holidays even though my luggage is still missing...”

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
New thread title thanks to @Pixieboots.

Last thread recap:

* Sad news people. Sali still hates us 😥. She went on the wireless to tell the nation this. Poor old shakin' Becky was dredged up again. (Sali is certainly extracting her money's worth from that encounter isn't she?).
Yet again she knows who we are and where we live :sleep: Batton down those catflaps again as an anti Eric Joyce precaution. He still might have our addresses 😬

* Her hair is still grey and she is still loving it. Probably. Possibly.

* Speaking of which dear friend Luke Hersheson (of Hershesons fame) got a rare and cheeky mention in her latest column. Awww. Heartwarming stuff.

ETA Forgot to add the devastating news Sali's lifestyle guide 'How to eat cheap crisps and other rules for life' is now not to be released until next year. I know. {{{Group hug}}}

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Turquoise

Hi 👋 long time lurker here. Just popping my head in to say it gives me such a giggle to see how much Lisa Eldridge gets mentioned here :ROFLMAO:and that I adore her as much as ye do. I also love that this has turned into the equivalent of Sali's Guardian column comment section - the best place to get beauty recs and reviews, lol. That's surely the bit she must hate most about this place.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

melfish

VIP Member
It's part of the "I'm so badass and carefree" attitude - doesn't iron, applys make-up on train because: busy, will never be a proper mum (her words, not mine).
Meanwhile, has 10 million rules, dresses for Leonard, judges the fuck out of other women, gets triggered by innocent questions on IG, cannot get over a handful of people on here not thinking she's all that when she literally has thousands of others showering her with compliments every day of her life. So chill, much pistol-packing

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Universal

Chatty Member
The blue tick support for that video brought me here - I didn't follow her. I expected to find a forum of hateful idiots but I was wrong. I have honestly had the most refreshing and enlightening conversations on here that have changed the way I think about social media, how people in the public eye 'market' themselves but most of all the underhand adverts that are sold to us as a product review. I see the world differently now.

Most of all the balanced acceptance, challenge and moderation of other posters is a life-skill that we should all adapt in the real world. Healthy debate is encouraged here and that's why I stayed (then I found the Jack Monroe thread and the posters there are the warm, inclusive and funny as hell and I knew I'd never leave).

• Heart
Reactions: 31

usandthem

At one point they talk about a person who wants to deal with ageing with organic/natural ingredients. They all have a good cackle at the apparent stupidity of that person, with SH quipping ‘honey, you need chemicals after a certain age’.

Fuck right off to insecure vapid wankers who perpetuate the myth there is a ‘right way’ of ageing and if women don’t spend considerable time and money play that game, there’s something fundamentally wrong with them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Mselvista

VIP Member
Very possibly. 'I simply was not prepared for the abuse I endured from my trolls. My family were suffering so I took the difficult decision to go brunette again'.
(Despite the numerous 'Sali your hair is on 🔥' in her IG comments).
"They said I looked like a mushroom" :m

• Haha

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I just think she’s trying REALLY hard to imbue some meaning into an experience many of us have had - working in retail as a young’un and making friends with your colleagues. I had a part-time job in Topshop in my teens, it was sometimes shit, and I’m still friends with some of my colleagues now. Big whoop. Someone let me pitch to the Telegraph immediately!

Although thinking about it, perhaps if Sali mostly hangs out with the India Knights of the world, then she’s been made to feel that it is incredibly unusual? I’m wondering if Sali’s stories of part-time jobs, supposed working class roots and not being able to afford expensive things is almost exotic to India?!

I can just imagine India like Godmother in Fleabag, introducing Sali to all her rich friends: “and this is Sali, she was a teen runaway and worked at Gap! Can you believe it?! Isn’t that fascinating?!”

• Haha
  • Heart