Sali Hughes #35 She wore Vampire's Wife dresses when they were still Vampire's Girlfriend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a bit behind, but a silk trouser, really? Perhaps I am just highly unco-ordinated and more prone to spilling than the average female, but surely these are deeply impractical and require near constant dry cleaning?
Everything is Washable* duh

(Is this ever going to see the light of day? I might open a book)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Journalists are nosey, like to know the bits the subjects don’t want to talk about or think aren’t worth mentioning.

Sali isn’t a journalist , she hates listening to anyone who talks about things that aren’t bringing her joy or bringing her into it.

She’s a bit of a rubbish writer too, Julie Burchill and Grace Dent don’t need to break a sweat that she’ll nick any columns or book sales.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Can someone explain to me why her face looks so heart-shaped and sculpted on her grid selfies, but everywhere else it looks really round? Is it just the camera angle she uses for selfies?

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.59.22 AM.png

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Everything is Washable* duh

(Is this ever going to see the light of day? I might open a book)
Mm I wonder about the book too. Being pushed back can't be a good sign can it? Extensive rewrites?
I still don't understand what Square is. I know there's a rather stylish little card reader, but it is so small that I can imagine it getting mislaid in the salon. Instead of going for her Hershesons' freebies, Sali should go to that nice man at Salon Maud.
No I have no idea either. Is it a concept or a physical thing?
Does Salon Maud have a nice foyer that Sali can hang around in all day doing her makeup? Plus she doesn't seem a fan of supporting her local salons.

Reactions: 3
Can someone explain to me why her face looks so heart-shaped and sculpted on her grid selfies, but everywhere else it looks really round? Is it just the camera angle she uses for selfies?

View attachment 650761
difference in angle, focal length and light.

effect of different light on a face:

T5ZPO1d.png

effect on different focal lengths (of the camera lens used) on a face:

e46e18aa1e3af5964fc171608ded55c8.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Hershesons: She Here. Coincidence it's almost an anagram? 🤣
Ooh, I love an anagram. A few for our Sali:
Hail gushes
Lush geisha
Sheila's hug
Agile shush
and my favourite -
Hah, uglies 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I still don't understand what Square is. I know there's a rather stylish little card reader, but it is so small that I can imagine it getting mislaid in the salon. Instead of going for her Hershesons' freebies, Sali should go to that nice man at Salon Maud.
Square offer software for small businesses so that they can have a cashier, run cashless payments, run an online shop and keep track of inventory, and customer information (for loyalty programs and newsletters and the like) etc. and they even do payroll and banking. If you run a small business they give you a lot of the tools you need. (I work in a related field)

So the camera does lie
not exactly. There's just a huge difference between a 3 dimensional image seen by a human eye and a 2 dimensional image taken by a camera at a specific focal length. Different lenses are used for different purposes.

It's the same effect why you look very different in the mirror and in your selfie camera. (explained with a lot of good examples here)

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I'm so curious as to how it worked- did Square approach Sali or does her agent pitch for these kind of things? Did they go for her because she lives in Brighton? So many questions!

Reactions: 5
I took a selfie today (WFH month 15) and it is so hilariously unlike me I can’t stop gazing at it.

I am unable to take a decent selfie. I look awful in photos whether I take it or someone else does. I have avoided photos for decades, my SIL took one of me recently that almost fractured my personality it was so awful.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I took a selfie today (WFH month 15) and it is so hilariously unlike me I can’t stop gazing at it.

I am unable to take a decent selfie. I look awful in photos whether I take it or someone else does. I have avoided photos for decades, my SIL took one of me recently that almost fractured my personality it was so awful.
Same here.

• Heart
It's the same effect why you look very different in the mirror and in your selfie camera. (explained with a lot of good examples here)
I look like one of those creatures that live in pitch-darkness at the bottom of the sea in my front-facing camera

• Haha
  • Heart

I don’t take decent selfies, I look horrendous and nothing like how I see myself in my bedroom mirror.

An inconsequential thing like this should be easy to ignore but it’s so hard.

• Heart
I don’t take decent selfies, I look horrendous and nothing like how I see myself in my bedroom mirror.

An inconsequential thing like this should be easy to ignore but it’s so hard.
I know. I hate that it messes with my mind and self-perception

• Heart
It's not you. It is the camera. Really.

Never trust the front facing cameras. They're evil.

The front facing cameras on mobile phones are incapable of showing what the human eye actually sees. Their lenses are super short and at a super wide angle. On a pro camera such a lens would be used for landscapes and not portraits.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's not you. It is the camera. Really.

Never trust the front facing cameras. They're evil.

The front facing cameras on mobile phones are incapable of showing what the human eye actually sees. Their lenses are super short and at a super wide angle. On a pro camera such a lens would be used for landscapes and not portraits.
Thank you for this comment

How do other people look so good in selfies though?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.