Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why doesn’t she follow her own advice?????

“'A good, arched brow – thicker than Edith Piaf's, thinner than Kate Middleton's – works better than Botox'”

What a difference nine years makes. She looked so much better before. What on earth has happened to her? She looks like a totally different person now!

View attachment 306013
Gosh she was so pretty then. A much softer natural face. The reason I liked her and trusted her advice.

Reactions: 11
Why doesn’t she follow her own advice?????

“'A good, arched brow – thicker than Edith Piaf's, thinner than Kate Middleton's – works better than Botox'”

What a difference nine years makes. She looked so much better before. What on earth has happened to her? She looks like a totally different person now!

View attachment 306013
I mean, she's no minger now but just imagine having this as your starting point and 'tweaking' the features out of it. This is such an interesting, attractive face.

I still don't think I'm jealous, but I do slightly despair at how someone who wasn't born looking like an uncooked Christmas ham has chosen to take a great face and morph into Yet Another Instagram Face. Meanwhile, Hermione Hamhock over here is desperately trying to contour some definition into her face with her trotters and would happily welcome a natural mole onboard, if it helped to break up the great expanse of pork cheek. I do feel a bit bad if she's succumbed to pressure, but my sympathy is limited given the role that influencers and beauty journalists play in perpetuating these ideals of 'what women should look like this year'.

PS, I'm not being overly harsh on myself, I really do look like a Gloucestershire Old Spot. Fortunately though I have an exemplary brain and make incredible roast potatoes, so need not rely on my looks to succeed in life / find a boar to settle down with ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I think the eyeshadow shape and colour is wrong, it’s all very yellow but then her lower face looks pink. The dew effect should be reigned in. Or was it excess indiscriminate highlighter?

Reactions: 6
I would just say though (my mom starts of with this phrase 😂), the unboxing vid she didn’t, and hasn’t before, mentioned Hiron’s 300£ kit. So that’s a plus - maybe she has got a finger on the pulse when people are struggling with whatever is happening in their lives at the moment. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Her wedding gift to friends getting married is to do their wedding makeup so maybe that's what the "kit" is for
I do recall her stating ( before Pretty Honest , that title has dated soooo very badly) that she didn’t trust anyone to do her make up as well as she could do it .......🤣🤣🤣🤣.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Wait so how do I remember her as being called a make up artist? Was that her title on the Guardian back in the day? I feel like that is how I was led to trust her.

Reactions: 2
Wait so how do I remember her as being called a make up artist? Was that her title on the Guardian back in the day? I feel like that is how I was led to trust her.
She repeatedly goes on about how she assisted Lynn Easton for a few years when she was a teen runaway.

Reactions: 2
I remember it too but can’t think why. I’m having a vague recollection of her and Lauren on a train with those pull along mini suitcases full of her kit , going to a job I think.

Reactions: 1
Is that the same palette - that Hannah Martin’s showing? They’re not good colours right?

Reactions: 4
This is from salihughesbeauty.com

Sali started out as an assistant make-up artist, touching up The Pet Shop Boys, Belinda Carlisle, George Michael and many others.

• Haha
I do recall her stating ( before Pretty Honest , that title has dated soooo very badly) that she didn’t trust anyone to do her make up as well as she could do it .......🤣🤣🤣🤣.
She’s had the following do her makeup on video:

Mary Greenwell
Charlotte Tilbury
Hannah Martin
Zanna Roberts
Katie Jane Hughes
Cher Webb

And she’s always popping into Mac for a freebie before an awards ceremony or press event if her grid photos on IG are to be believed.

Not a single word out of her mouth can be trusted.

Mary Greenwell
Charlotte Tilbury
Hannah Martin
Zanna Roberts
Katie Jane Hughes
Cher Webb

And she’s always popping into Mac for a freebie before an awards ceremony or press event if her grid photos on IG are to be believed.

Also Morag Ross who did her make up for one of her books iirc.

The KJH and Zanna interviews were excruciating.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Mary Greenwell
Charlotte Tilbury
Hannah Martin
Zanna Roberts
Katie Jane Hughes
Cher Webb

She absolutely hated the Katie Jane Hughes one and I don't blame her. Pink eyes suit few. That doesn't excuse how she acted towards Katie though

Reactions: 3
She absolutely hated the Katie Jane Hughes one and I don't blame her. Pink eyes suit few. That doesn't excuse how she acted towards Katie though
She acts like that towards everyone! She never makes decent eye contact. In her Mary Greenwell interview, Mary kept trying to make eye contact with her because Sali kept looking away. Even when she was being interviewed by LL for The Pool after Pretty Iconic was published, Sali could barely bring herself to look at LL. I don’t understand why she behaves like that.

Reactions: 5
She acts like that towards everyone! She never makes decent eye contact. In her Mary Greenwell interview, Mary kept trying to make eye contact with her because Sali kept looking away. Even when she was being interviewed by LL for The Pool after Pretty Iconic was published, Sali could barely bring herself to look at LL. I don’t understand why she behaves like that.
I mean lots of people have trouble with eye contact. I used to, massively. I often find it hard to process my own thoughts when trying to make eye contact, amongst other issues. Anyways. I've worked on it a lot and now and even though I still struggle sometimes, I'm really much better at it when I need to be. Weird that she doesn't do anything about it or doesn't realise how it makes her come across.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.