Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Disillusioned for the thread title with the most likes!

Much of the focus has been on the spectacular own goal of the documentary. We also learned that anyone who goes to lurk on Tattle is worse than the devil and destroys lives as they're furthering Tattle up Google search results. Of course, Sali and her mates (and the psychologist that kindly hung out in the sewer) are exempt from this. That kind of lurking is fine, google search results knows what your lurking intentions are

Thankfully we've got @Aude to set the record straight on Sali and her mistruths/ utter lies

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I‘m trying to figure out if I would have thought differently about the haircut when I still was a great fan of Sali’s.

I find it rather underwhelming, not bad or anything. The message of the ad for me reads: you’ll get an average haircut for an inflated price at this salon.

Reactions: 9
I loved her hair in the bob that’s still her profile pic. Much chicer and suited her face shape. It looks really thin and straggly when it’s longer.

Reactions: 11
The popular influencer Sali Hughes was spotted emerging from Hersheshons looking exactly the same as when she entered, according to our sources.

Hughes, who has over 171k followers, received a free press treatment in exchange for coverage on her Instagram stories, it has been reported.

"As a philanthropist, I consider myself extremely fortunate to be able to reach out to those who need it. My beloved beauty industry, the industry that has sustained me from teenage tearaway to Brighton luvvie, the least I could do is give back to the industry. It was my great pleasure to graciously accept a free treatment in exchange for featuring a few hastily knocked together selfies on my Instagram stories for 24 hours", the influencer was heard murmuring without a trace of self awareness.

At a time when the beauty industry is on its knees and staff are facing furlough, staff were said to have been "honoured" to attend to Hughes for free, our sources reveal. More as we get it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Her new grifted haircut isn't up to much, is it?
Oh god. I need to go and peep at it now, don't I?

The popular influencer Sali Hughes was spotted emerging from Hersheshons looking exactly the same as when she entered, according to our sources.

Hughes, who has over 171k followers, received a free press treatment in exchange for coverage on her Instagram stories, it has been reported.

"As a philanthropist, I consider myself extremely fortunate to be able to reach out to those who need it. My beloved beauty industry, the industry that has sustained me from teenage tearaway to Brighton luvvie, the least I could do is give back to the industry. It was my great pleasure to graciously accept a free treatment in exchange for featuring a few hastily knocked together selfies on my Instagram stories for 24 hours", the influencer was heard murmuring without a trace of self awareness.

At a time when the beauty industry is on its knees and staff are facing furlough, staff were said to have been "honoured" to attend to Hughes for free, our sources reveal. More as we get it
Honestly. Private Eye need you.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m still loling through the old threads...India Mitford was a high point. I am getting the impression that herself does not see herself as either an influencer or beauty journalist, more a serious journalist who should be on the sort of career path of peers, took the guardian gig because it sounds good, and has accidentally ended up backing the wrong horse and finds herself in the same group as influencers, whilst print is dying off.
Course, the “me and my trolls” genre is a good route to doing more serious work, I imagine. Yes I am that cynical.
As you were, am off to find out more about whether flat Eric got stuck in the cat flap looking for beef.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
First thing that struck me about the hairdresser stories thing is that her skin looks amazing in the first story. Incredibly smooth and glowing. Hair looks fine, but yes, exactly the same as before. I'm impressed by her level of grey (virtually nil) considering she says she doesnt dye it too.

POSITIVE POST. EXPECTING DELETION IN 3.2.1...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
As you were, am off to find out more about whether flat Eric got stuck in the cat flap looking for beef.
This sounds like a terrifying metaphor for giving head to India 😭

First thing that struck me about the hairdresser stories thing is that her skin looks amazing in the first story. Incredibly smooth and glowing. Hair looks fine, but yes, exactly the same as before. I'm impressed by her level of grey (virtually nil) considering she says she doesnt dye it too.

POSITIVE POST. EXPECTING DELETION IN 3.2.1...
She deffo dyes it. She said on her exhausting round up that she uses that root spray for her regrowth!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This sounds like a terrifying metaphor for giving head to India 😭

She deffo dyes it. She said on her exhausting round up that she uses that root spray for her regrowth!
Oh right! I am not up to date then as the last deep research I partook in (article she wrote and I then read on the subject) stated that she was madly allergic to one of the ingredients in hair dye. This was many years ago though.

Reactions: 7
Oh right! I am not up to date then as the last deep research I partook in (article she wrote and I then read on the subject) stated that she was madly allergic to one of the ingredients in hair dye. This was many years ago though.
She does fib a fair bit though. Remember when she said she was a disciple of squalene but never thought to mention it before her shill piece on it?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hoping I can use the 'hive mind' here for a non-finch related question.

Does anyone have any recs for places to get laser eye surgery? I'm currently in West London.

Does anyone have any recs for places to get laser eye surgery? I'm currently in West London.
Moorfields Private is one of the best

Reactions: 4
Thanks for the new thread @SqualorVictoria . I am greatly amused and cheered by the chat here this weekend.
ALSO Lisa Eldridge’s lipsticks are being shipped today. I am very excited about this... I can’t wait to have a full face of slap on whilst wfh in my tracksuit.

Caroline Barnes did a good video reviewing them (if you have her skin tone, eye and hair colour which I do). Also she’s very upfront about her profilo and laser treatments, which I appreciate.

I wonder if they will get a mention by SH... she’s conspicuous by her absence with this launch... literally NO MENTION of it. It was the same with the Pat McGrath foundation ... until 100’s of people were literally knocking down her front door for a review. (Jokes - no one went to her house).

Sorry I’m ooop north

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.