Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can one be crap at make up and be an mua? I don't want twelve different shades and a drag queen look on her. I just would expect something less muddy.
Fwiw, I think she was an assistant MUA, and who knows to what extent you would actually be applying people's makeup in that role. Anyone know what an assistant MUA does? Do some of the actual makeup application but just not conceive the look? Or just pass brushes??

Also I think it was roughly 30 years ago?

Reactions: 5
Didn’t Linda Evangelista allegedly apply her eyeliner before she went to bed for a similar perfect result?
Who knew Linda and I had so much in common? Stunning, similar makeup "techniques"... 💅:LOL:

Used to work a treat on me too but sadly age has rendered me unable to wear eyeliner, I used to NEED it and now it looks bloody awful!
I also use less of it than before. Losing lid space as I'm typing this.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Weirdly lining the waterline still looks ok if I’m trying to look sultry, I have to do it about two hours before leaving the house to let it “settle”. Anyone else find the older they get the less makeup they can wear?

• Heart
I’m finding that right now. At first I thought it was due to not wearing makeup while working from home, but I’ve had a lot of video meetings recently (and I’m a minger so I do feel the need to wear makeup for those), and its as though the stuff I used to wear every day back in March just looks dreadful on me now. I always favoured a fairly subtle look, I don’t know what’s happened unless it really is speed-ageing.

Reactions: 6
BCgzfuSl.jpeg
Just thought I'd leave this here so we don't have to keep scrolling back. Is the problem the eyeshadow goes right up to her brows? And seems harsh at the edges? And her brows are so instagrammy now. Very Kim Kardashian (not that she knows who that is 🤭).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m finding that right now. At first I thought it was due to not wearing makeup while working from home, but I’ve had a lot of video meetings recently (and I’m a minger so I do feel the need to wear makeup for those), and its as though the stuff I used to wear every day back in March just looks dreadful on me now. I always favoured a fairly subtle look, I don’t know what’s happened unless it really is speed-ageing.
i don’t think I LOOK that much older yet, not from a distance without my glasses anyway - it’s very subtle and insidious!

Reactions: 6
I can see why she leapt at the chance to film with Jamie Genevieve - all those potential lovely new followers...

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Just thought I'd leave this here so we don't have to keep scrolling back. Is the problem the eyeshadow goes right up to her brows? And seems harsh at the edges? And her brows are so instagrammy now. Very Kim Kardashian (not that she knows who that is 🤭).
it’s just a dreadful colour for her, it’s way too yellow. Maybe that’s why she chose to wear that foundation, she’s trying to make it work but it just, erm, doesn’t?

Reactions: 9
View attachment 305975Just thought I'd leave this here so we don't have to keep scrolling back. Is the problem the eyeshadow goes right up to her brows? And seems harsh at the edges? And her brows are so instagrammy now. Very Kim Kardashian (not that she knows who that is 🤭).
She's really using a ruler now when she's doing her makeup?

Mood board:

1605039475137.png

• Haha
What’s that phrase she always used to trot out when she was being a witch about somebody but pretending to be supportive? Is it where are her GIRLS?

So my question is where are Sali’s girls*? We need an intervention.

(* apart from Dark Chapman, who is very clearly trapped inside Sali’s face, frantically trying to signal to us).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
And her brows are so instagrammy now. Very Kim Kardashian (not that she knows who that is 🤭).
Why doesn’t she follow her own advice?????

“'A good, arched brow – thicker than Edith Piaf's, thinner than Kate Middleton's – works better than Botox'”

What a difference nine years makes. She looked so much better before. What on earth has happened to her? She looks like a totally different person now!

CDDA65BF-1A43-4827-8CDD-6A50AE4CBEA8.jpeg

• Wow
I am definitely finding I wear less make up as I get older - it can look harsh if I don’t pretty it up with rosy cheeks...

Love Caroline Barnes. Also saw that Nic Chapman did a similar cringe video of an unboxing of the Vieve (never heard of her) make up range. Her face is weird with all of the procedures and top lip filler. I can’t relate at all.

Reactions: 7
WTF is that? So much filter it looks like a Halloween mask.

eta: Just seen it says retro cam. Still.
I was referring to the fact that she has a full face of Vieve on. 🤮

Her wedding gift to friends getting married is to do their wedding makeup so maybe that's what the "kit" is for
She used to do consultations for £300 a pop and I’ll bet all the press samples and gifts were what she gave away in her consults. Apparently there were a fir few freebies.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.