Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's like suddenly starting yas kweening in the company of black women. I may be off on this but that's how it comes across to me.
Like this?
1605032469979.png

As opposed to, for example, this:

1605032834094.png

Not that I'm accusing her of anything and these are two completely different shows, but seems like an interesting change in register. English is not my first language, so 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
The Vieve lipsticks look remarkably like Tom Ford's packaging. Looking forward to hearing where that inspiration came from...

Reactions: 2
That make up application is appalling, absolutely nothing about that suggests she’s an expert in her field.

Merching those necklaces Sal?
She always was kind of crap at makeup but that was part of her appeal. I was intimated by the super elaborate looks of some of the others and most would not be doable/ wearable for me. But she's now lost that every woman thing I liked about her and is trying to keep up with the big league influencers, but sadly without the skills they have

Reactions: 7
I've remembered it was Kate Somerville I was thinking of. A very strange interview with no actual ITB but KS talking about herself and her brand at length.
Oh yes and the Milk one too.
Who was the woman she did I think in the states who, if I remember rightly (dubious), had a drawer of hair extensions? I thought that one was interesting.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
She always was kind of crap at makeup but that was part of her appeal. I was intimated by the super elaborate looks of some of the others and most would not be doable/ wearable for me. But she's now lost that every woman thing I liked about her and is trying to keep up with the big league influencers, but sadly without the skills they have
How can one be crap at make up and be an mua? I don't want twelve different shades and a drag queen look on her. I just would expect something less muddy.

Reactions: 5
Looking at the old Sali who criticised Kylie's fillers and denied knowing who the Kardashians were yes it is surprising. Looking at the new blinged up, eyebrow tattooed instagram shiller she has become it seems like a natural progression.
And wasn't she quite often scathing about poor Michelle Heaton's too dark foundation? I think I remember both a tweet and a column where she mentioned it.
And that eyeshadow looks dreadful. In the video she said they were brilliantly blendable but there is absolutely no evidence of that here plus the colour (on her anyway) just looks very odd.

Reactions: 8
And wasn't she quite often scathing about poor Michelle Heaton's too dark foundation? I think I remember both a tweet and a column where she mentioned it.
And that eyeshadow looks dreadful. In the video she said they were brilliantly blendable but there is absolutely no evidence of that here plus the colour (on her anyway) just looks very odd.
Sali’s make up know how always takes me back to Mary Greenwell correcting Sali’s own foundation choice “You’re a 1 babe, not a 2, I’ll wipe it off”.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That make up application is appalling, absolutely nothing about that suggests she’s an expert
Wow. Just really bad. I do makeup better than this and I’m so bad at makeup that I sometimes have to take it all off and start again.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I couldn’t take my eyes off her eyes 👀. I think it looked awful and baby poo is spot on description for the colour. Flippin awful imo. Best she looked was a few months ago wearing denim, no eye shadow to speak and a red lip - really suited her - bit French you know. Maybe she needs lessons from Caroline Barnes? I don’t wear eye shadow cos it looks crap on me but I do like the looks Caroline B does with it - never a dud really plus she comes across as so lovely. That’s my Saturday morning replacement.

Is it sad that I know this? :LOL:
No, I remember it was interesting - I just have a bad memory 🤣

Wow. Just really bad. I do makeup better than this and I’m so bad at makeup that I sometimes have to take it all off and start again.
This will sound really strange, but I sometimes (now rarely) apply loads of dark eyeliner and mascara, then take it off sloppily, and what remains is this perfect mixture of a precise line with a bit of smudge, I can't explain it. 🙃

Reactions: 15
This will sound really strange, but I sometimes (now rarely) apply loads of dark eyeliner and mascara, then take it off sloppily, and what remains is this perfect mixture of a precise line with a bit of smudge, I can't explain it. 🙃
Yes! I know EXACTLY what you mean!

• Heart
I wear eyeshadow but have to be careful not to extend too high over my lid crease or I resemble the tit show of Sali’s eye makeup.

I don’t get why she thought it looked good, remember her badly blended under eye concealer a month or so ago?

Reactions: 6
By the end of that new IG video, as the jumper went back to its original form (not an off the shoulder jumper), so did she - couldn't pretend to be excited or "pleased" for an entire 20 minutes by all of the received products, instead she looks like she's handling stool samples, not her peers' latest collaborations. "So much packaging" :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Didn’t Linda Evangelista allegedly apply her eyeliner before she went to bed for a similar perfect result? Used to work a treat on me too but sadly age has rendered me unable to wear eyeliner, I used to NEED it and now it looks bloody awful!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.