Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Oh lordy, although not tried the gel, Dr Organics moisturiser did me in! Had to get a course of steroids as the reaction was horrendous. Took nearly 2 weeks to heal. Scarred to try anything else from that brand.
That sounds horrendous😲, won’t be trying that. . Did you tell the brand?

FreeSquirrels

Mine was Clinique Black Honey, featured on a SH piece Six Lipsticks that Suit Everyone. NOPE! It looked awful on me.
TBF, I found Vichy Aqualia serum great, but then I am drier than the famed Gobi, etc

Did she just recommend stuff they sold for years & years? I wore Black Honey c1986. I must be older than most of her followers I think.

Badabing101

VIP Member
I wear eye cream cause I get flaky eyelids. The only one I've found that prevents it without stinging is Hyaluron filler which I buy on 3for2 at boots.

Re the sex face. It's exactly what I felt too and it was uncomfortable watching it. But I do have an uneasy feeling about making fun of it because she was exercising, not having sex.

I mean, I don't know why on earth she would want to record herself panting and then share it with thousands of strangers. It seemed really pointless. It reminds me of teenage behaviour, trying to look sexy in P.E. But at least then you had an audience of hormonal teenagers who were delighted by it. I doubt many people follow Sali to get their kicks!

But anyway, I just feel she could accuse us of sexualising her or something. I dunno.
True, I hadn’t thought of it that way. Back to the drawing board.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Brilliant explanation of the science behind micellar water here, to add to @Aude's post:

Seems like rinsing afterwards isn't necessary, just preferred by some people.

I only just started my hyaluronic ban after the discussion here last week and Jessica Defino's article, so I'm going to carry on with that for a couple more weeks and see where my sensitive/dry/eczema-prone skin is at. If there's no improvement after a month, I'm going to switch to micellar cleansing and ditch the hot cloths for a while. I've already cut out out active skincare, and prefer to do one thing at a time so I can try to get a handle on the triggers.
Labmuffin's explanations are so good.

I use micellar water to remove any eye make-up that's left (usually mascara) after cleansing (I only use ONE cleanser with water, an oil-based one). I have used micellar only in the past, too and my skin was fine.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I wonder what people’s first Sali influencer product bought? I think mine was the Dior primer - and the foundation balm thing - which was totally the wrong colour for me. Lately, don’t shoot me - the soap and glory sugar body lotion. It’s ok - nice enough.
I’m guilty of overusing a hyphen.
what’s the foundation balm?

I tried the Dior primer when she was wailing about it being discontinued. It did naff all for me. Thankfully someone on the forum helpfully recommended mixing it with foundation which helped me get rid of it.

Does anyone remember Sali using the Bobbi Brown finishing powder as a base for her blusher. And to think she calls herself a makeup expert.

The recommendations I found the most helpful were those from fellow forum members. Effaclar Duo and the Ren Clear Calm moisturiser? Brilliant.