Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another observation from lockdown: I've totally left my eyebrows alone. I've forbidden tweezers anywhere near them. And guess what? I have regrowth. What I thought was permanent hair loss from an over-zealous reshaping by an early naughts self-professed "brow queen" turns out to not have been. My browns are thickening up. I'm also using TO's Multi-peptide Serum on them. I don't know if that's helping
I'm so jealous! I've let my brows grow for 6 months twice and they still haven't recovered properly, just looked messy. I may try the serum thing and see if it helps!

Arthur is gorgeous!

Oh those Laura Mercier pens were dreadful.

The lipsticks I kept from my recent cull:

Nars Jungle Red
Mac Russian Red
Mac Twig
Mac Mehr
Dior 999 Matte
Mac Scarlett Starlet (sadly limited edition)
Some limited edition Chanel in a red tube
Kevyn Aucoin Blood Roses

And two Nars Christmas lip sets

It's still a lot but I plan to use them up
You're starting to influence me to do a cull with this lovely curated selection! It looks so... *satisfying*.

I quite like the precision, staying power and shades of the LM pens, but they are incredibly drying.

Plus it's not like she has an actual job that she has to rush to in peak hour. It's appointments, so she could just do it at home, at her leisure. Maybe it's because I'm an introvert and hate being the centre of attention, but it just seems really exhibitionist to me
I am also an introvert and hate being the centre of attention, I just like saving time and think that generally people have got their own thing going on and aren't actually paying attention to you most of the time! When i realised this was the case in the gym is was life-changing for me 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Mine was Clinique Black Honey, featured on a SH piece Six Lipsticks that Suit Everyone. NOPE! It looked awful on me.
TBF, I found Vichy Aqualia serum great, but then I am drier than the famed Gobi, etc

• Haha
Mine was Clinique Black Honey, featured on a SH piece Six Lipsticks that Suit Everyone. NOPE! It looked awful on me.
TBF, I found Vichy Aqualia serum great, but then I am drier than the famed Gobi, etc

Was about to quote that article! I bought Bobbi Brown Nude - it looked terrible despite the fact I have basically the same colouring as Sali (not as pale, of course, because no one is)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love matte lipsticks but find them far too drying.

Instead, I use No7 precision lip liner in nude. It applies beautifully with a great texture and colour payoff. I wear it alone or sometimes put peachy/coral lipstick on top.

Would recommend 👄

If anyone has v dry bordering on cracked lips I found the chanel k-beauty style cushiony tube lipstick was the only thing that didnt make my lips look worse whilst on roaccutane.

(I found nars lipsticks hit and miss, I had an xmas set and they bled on my lips which surprised me because sali always made out like lipstick bleeding only happened to much older women)

Walking around a beauty counter without the colourful testers on displays has made me more aware of the illusions of marketing.

Reactions: 1
I have Clinique Black Honey somewhere, it looks quite good on me. Must dig it out. It came as a tiny gift size with something else I bought and keeps getting lost.

Did she just recommend stuff they sold for years & years? I wore Black Honey c1986. I must be older than most of her followers I think.

Please can I ask exactly what the nu face does? I am being tempted. 42, look okay but my under eyes - tear troughs are annoying me.
As I'm sure you know, it's a micro-current device that is supposed to stimulate the muscles to give a temporary lifting effect. I use it consistently and find that it gives a subtle lift. It's not at all painful or unpleasant to use (although I sometimes get a bit annoyed by the stickiness of the gel you have to put on first to conduct the current). The main difficulty is remembering/making time/being bothered to use it.

I only use it on the lower face but I gather it works quite well to give a slight lift to the brow.

I wouldn't have thought NuFace would have a positive impact on tear troughs (which, if I understand correctly, are hollows under the eyes). I think the only 'problems' it could help to address are those caused by a loss of muscle tone and I don't think tear troughs would fall into that category. It may not be worth it for you. The only treatment I've heard of for tear troughs is dermal filler.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My brows are looking much better for being lockdown left alone. I will probably go and get them tidied up at some point. Maybe.

What I want to know is who decided pores are bad? Like, they are just a natural part of skin texture why have they become seen as a bad thing? I mean of all the things to worry about....your pores?!

The only skin thing I'd like improving is that I have a small spider vein on my face...I gave it to myself coughing when I was ill about two years ago. I'm thinking about getting the lazer stuff done.

Please can I ask exactly what the nu face does? I am being tempted. 42, look okay but my under eyes - tear troughs are annoying me.
If you want to see a good video on it check out Hot and Flashy. She raves about it. Won't help tear troughs. I have hollow eyes now. Fillers is only option but I'm just going to live with mine for now. Low down on priority list.

As I'm sure you know, it's a micro-current device that is supposed to stimulate the muscles to give a temporary lifting effect. I use it consistently and find that it gives a subtle lift. It's not at all painful or unpleasant to use (although I sometimes get a bit annoyed by the stickiness of the gel you have to put on first to conduct the current). The main difficulty is remembering/making time/being bothered to use it.

I only use it on the lower face but I gather it works quite well to give a slight lift to the brow.

I wouldn't have thought NuFace would have a positive impact on tear troughs (which, if I understand correctly, are hollows under the eyes). I think the only 'problems' it could help to address are those caused by a loss of muscle tone and I don't think tear troughs would fall into that category. It may not be worth it for you. The only treatment I've heard of for tear troughs is dermal filler.
Do you have to use a specific gel they make, and is it expensive?

Thanks everyone who has a nuface for all their honest reviews.

I love the Revlon lip butters! I hunt them down on ebay 🤷🏻‍♀️🤪
Oh no, I didn't know they'd been discontinued! I wish they'd keep Candy Apple.

Do you have to use a specific gel they make, and is it expensive?

Thanks everyone who has a nuface for all their honest reviews.

Oh no, I didn't know they'd been discontinued! I wish they'd keep Candy Apple.
I've heard people use cheap gels on Amazon, and even aloe Vera.

Anyway - also came to sneer at CT; I’ve been using up small sizes of two of her mascaras as I have run out of my usual. My god - the fall?! It’s embarrassing? In my own home after 2 hours I look like my former goth self at a sweaty gig? I literally may as well smear it on my under eye area. tit quality. I have never rated any of her stuff, I’ve had £5 mascaras behave better.
I think I have a sample of the same one; it's really awful, isn't it?

Another one who looks awful in Black Honey.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
That sounds perfect, thank you. I’ve been looking at them but dismissed them as another glossy lipstick and I have enough of those. I would like something more matte for a change.
Bobbi Brown Art Sticks are good too. I get dry lips but can wear them even though they’re matte.

I think I have a sample of the same one; it's really awful, isn't it?

Another one who looks awful in Black Honey.
Honestly couldn’t get over how bad it was. I never had to wear tubing mascara etc, I don’t usually suffer from that kind of fragmentation! Another thing I’m unimpressed with is the surrat liquid eyeliner. Got it because it was refillable and kvd was rebranding. Stick to what you know, is the lesson 😂

Reactions: 2
@Aude and @Mazerati
Thanks for the intel on the nu face. I am really tempted and sort of thinking if my brow is lifted it will make me look a bit more awake - not as knackered. Although the lack of commuting, school runs plus work stress has helped with that too.
I’m really scared of injectables tbh... more that I’d get that shiny tight face. I just don’t want to end up looking weird. Hmmm.

Reactions: 4
@Aude and @Mazerati
Thanks for the intel on the nu face. I am really tempted and sort of thinking if my brow is lifted it will make me look a bit more awake - not as knackered. Although the lack of commuting, school runs plus work stress has helped with that too.
I’m really scared of injectables tbh... more that I’d get that shiny tight face. I just don’t want to end up looking weird. Hmmm.
This is me also! I’ve kept track of the chat on it on this thread and I’m honestly so convinced by the honest and frank accounts by the lovely beefy visages here. Been dithering/lusting for about 9 months. Happy to conduct an experiment when mine arrives to let you know!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.