Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Aude for thread title.

I'm afraid @Mselvista Sali Hughes #18 Prick 😂 could not be used as against title rules!

I've had a scan of the previous thread for recap:

We found out Sali takes instruction from the sea 🌊
She doesn't like flipflops but loves a clog or a Birkenstock
Sali and her chums pretend all we talk about here is height, glasses, spellings. They are embarrassed for us.
Eric Joyce, the man who Sali told that she knew where we lived, is now a convicted sex offender.
She keeps selling stuff on IG.

(Anything forgotten feel free to mention)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Love the title.
I understand why #prick couldn’t be used, Yel and the other Mods are a good bunch , unlike Sali , India and their gal-pals.

Reactions: 8
Following on from the prior thread (the one where we found out Catflap Eric is a registered sex offender), I’ve always had too much makeup but due to reading women’s magazines. So, same problem, earlier cause.

Reactions: 5
I may have spoken too soon about decluttering, I'm quite tempted by the stella or style beauty box, the style one is £45 and includes 3 suncreams... Must. Resist. Unopened suncream lasts doesnt it?

(Has anyone tried the Sam McKnight hairsprays? I'm skeptical because Sali recommended them but the packaging does look beaut.)

Reactions: 3
I may have spoken too soon about decluttering, I'm quite tempted by the stella or style beauty box, the style one is £45 and includes 3 suncreams... Must. Resist. Unopened suncream lasts doesnt it?

(Has anyone tried the Sam McKnight hairsprays? I'm skeptical because Sali recommended them but the packaging does look beaut.)
TK Maxx had Clarins SPF 30 & SPF 50 face sun creme for £6.99 this week. Lots of other expensive brands too.

Reactions: 2
The packaging is very pleasing.

Just wanted to add my two pennies worth in about products ... I think that if you can afford it and you love make up / skincare etc then go for it. However I have really fallen for the hard (but very soft) sell on so many products - particularly foundation. I used to have one - Chanel Vitalumiere and that was it. These days I have around 15 - which is EXCESSIVE. I have found that I’ve been really influenced by make up artists on you tube or insta. I’m am operating a one in one out policy now... but I do find that depending on the look I am
Going for I want a different base. Repeat buys are Bobbi Brown serum foundation, hourglass vanish stick, Chanel fresh water tint, Natasha Denona Face Glow... i also really like the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter with concealer ... I can’t believe I love a CT product because in general I find her stuff mediocre but it’s really great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The worst are eyeshadow palettes in my opinion, I‘ve never managed to use one up so they keep piling up. There’s a definite ban on those now. With foundation there‘s at least a chance of using them up. Depending on how many you own, obviously: the Clinique Sheer tint was my fourth TM while simultaneously using two liquid, one stick and one powder foundation. I keep reminding myself that I only have the one face. It may be rather large and beefy, but still there’s only so much product you can put on.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

I’ve tried the pink one - Cool Girl or something, it was more of a light texture spray but the best thing was the smell, cut grass-ish, posh hairdresser, smell.

I've had the Sam McKnight hairsprays and I wouldn't purchase again. They might be amazing on other people's hair but my experience was a very good initial effect that quickly fell out. I much prefer the Oribe products which do feel genuinely different to what I can buy at superdrug

Reactions: 5
The packaging is very pleasing.

Just wanted to add my two pennies worth in about products ... I think that if you can afford it and you love make up / skincare etc then go for it. However I have really fallen for the hard (but very soft) sell on so many products - particularly foundation. I used to have one - Chanel Vitalumiere and that was it. These days I have around 15 - which is EXCESSIVE. I have found that I’ve been really influenced by make up artists on you tube or insta. I’m am operating a one in one out policy now... but I do find that depending on the look I am
Going for I want a different base. Repeat buys are Bobbi Brown serum foundation, hourglass vanish stick, Chanel fresh water tint, Natasha Denona Face Glow... i also really like the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter with concealer ... I can’t believe I love a CT product because in general I find her stuff mediocre but it’s really great.
I've always loved skincare and makeup and always will but I'd rather spend on what I need rather than having excessive stuff. I'll get as much pleasure out of owning a few lipsticks I always wear rather than having a drawer of unused lipsticks

Reactions: 7
Following on from the prior thread (the one where we found out Catflap Eric is a registered sex offender), I’ve always had too much makeup but due to reading women’s magazines. So, same problem, earlier cause.
LOVE it!!

I have 5-6 foundations, hangover from years ago when I had awful skin and thought I needed to cover it up. Also I do a bit of travel with work (v unglamorous, unfortunately) and visiting family so have e.g. Bobbi Brown stick foundation (no leaks or spills, learnt the hard way) for that. I have a Chanel Vitalumiere for when skin good, and have a MAC prowear for when more coverage required. My main everyday is Nars Radiant Glow tinted moisturiser 💕- it is totally amazing, complete repurchase material. And I’m just finishing off a Perricone no foundation foundation. Probably wouldn’t bother again, it was a duty free purchase on way back from a funeral and I was intrigued....

For the last week I’ve been playing with Heliocare tinted gel cream, as thanks to pushers of AHAs and the like I’ve now got visible sun damage on face 😡, and am being necessarily paranoid. It’s slightly more tinted than my beefy Irish complexion can really deal with, but I like it so far....

I would probably be more influenced to try different foundations if I lived nearer a good supply to try things IRL, as my beefy complexion is difficult to match (I caught the tail end of Prescriptives when I was just starting to buy this kind of thing and MISS IT) and lots of new formulas have things I can’t abide like HA. And silicones, which are a complete no no so I can happily rule out trying things. I will occasionally buy samples on eBsy to scratch an itch though...

Last edited:
I have the Sam McKnight cool girl (I was influenced) and it’s ok. The Oribe one that @Sandyshore mentions is truly amazing though. There used to be a good one from a line at boots, it was black packaging with an illustration on? that was great for the money. I don’t know if it still exists

I’ve tried the pink one - Cool Girl or something, it was more of a light texture spray but the best thing was the smell, cut grass-ish, posh hairdresser, smell.
I've had the Sam McKnight hairsprays and I wouldn't purchase again. They might be amazing on other people's hair but my experience was a very good initial effect that quickly fell out. I much prefer the Oribe products which do feel genuinely different to what I can buy at superdrug
I have the Sam McKnight cool girl (I was influenced) and it’s ok. The Oribe one that @Sandyshore mentions is truly amazing though. There used to be a good one from a line at boots, it was black packaging with an illustration on? that was great for the money. I don’t know if it still exists
Are either of these anything like Bumble and Bumble Dryspun spray? I love that stuff (the smell is also great) but can't bear spending that much on hairspray (I got some in a deal ages ago but won't be replacing it for £35).

ETA forget the Oribe, I think it's the same price! 😂

Oh wow, never heard of these but it does seem to be an amazing deal for the amount of full size products you get, if you know you want them/would actually use them. Unopened sunscreen has a decent life I think. I'm tempted for the sunscreens, liquid bronzer, natural deodorant, Inkey List serum and eyeshadow pen - which would easily exceed the cost significantly - but don't want to have excess plastic and products I won't use (namely the highlighter palette) lying around. Wish you could just ask them to send you what you want for the same price!

Last edited:
Are either of these anything like Bumble and Bumble Dryspun spray? I love that stuff (the smell is also great) but can't bear spending that much on hairspray (I got some in a deal ages ago but won't be replacing it for £35).

ETA forget the Oribe, I think it's the same price! 😂

Oh wow, never heard of these but it does seem to be an amazing deal for the amount of full size products you get, if you know you want them/would actually use them. Unopened sunscreen has a decent life I think. I'm tempted for the sunscreens, liquid bronzer, natural deodorant, Inkey List serum and eyeshadow pen - which would easily exceed the cost significantly - but don't want to have excess plastic and products I won't use (namely the highlighter palette) lying around. Wish you could just ask them to send you what you want for the same price!
Same! And no matter what Sali says, I doubt the average person using beautybanks would use up the highlighter palette either

Reactions: 1

You've influenced me!
Running low on a few of the items. Great box. Apart from the highlighter that I'll not use but will give to someone who will!

Reactions: 1
Jessica Defino’s article on hyaluronic acid is back up:

Really interesting article, thanks for posting. Why is it 'back up', was there some sort of controversy? Sorry if I missed this. It's inspired me to cut out HA temporarily and see what happens, since I have some of the sensitivity and dryness issues mentioned.

ETA: I just thought, this is especially interesting considering the amount of times I've seen Sali tell people they can't possibly be sensitive to HA because it's not an exfoliating acid - and I believed her! I wonder if her next move is "I've always said HA is snake oil, and prefer cosseting ingredients like squalene..."

TK Maxx had Clarins SPF 30 & SPF 50 face sun creme for £6.99 this week. Lots of other expensive brands too.
I don't get on with Clarins, but why does every other person but me find amazing beauty stuff in TK Maxx? I love TK Maxx, but never find anything like the bargains that other people find there. It's always Nars single eyeshadows in weird shades at best. Do they only send certain brands out to certain branches or something?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.