Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cholulamare

Chatty Member
I’ve tried the pink one - Cool Girl or something, it was more of a light texture spray but the best thing was the smell, cut grass-ish, posh hairdresser, smell.
I've had the Sam McKnight hairsprays and I wouldn't purchase again. They might be amazing on other people's hair but my experience was a very good initial effect that quickly fell out. I much prefer the Oribe products which do feel genuinely different to what I can buy at superdrug
I have the Sam McKnight cool girl (I was influenced) and it’s ok. The Oribe one that @Sandyshore mentions is truly amazing though. There used to be a good one from a line at boots, it was black packaging with an illustration on? that was great for the money. I don’t know if it still exists
Are either of these anything like Bumble and Bumble Dryspun spray? I love that stuff (the smell is also great) but can't bear spending that much on hairspray (I got some in a deal ages ago but won't be replacing it for £35).

ETA forget the Oribe, I think it's the same price! 😂

I may have spoken too soon about decluttering, I'm quite tempted by the stella or style beauty box, the style one is £45 and includes 3 suncreams... Must. Resist. Unopened suncream lasts doesnt it?
Oh wow, never heard of these but it does seem to be an amazing deal for the amount of full size products you get, if you know you want them/would actually use them. Unopened sunscreen has a decent life I think. I'm tempted for the sunscreens, liquid bronzer, natural deodorant, Inkey List serum and eyeshadow pen - which would easily exceed the cost significantly - but don't want to have excess plastic and products I won't use (namely the highlighter palette) lying around. Wish you could just ask them to send you what you want for the same price!

Last edited:

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Just had a flashback how Sali claimed more than once that Clinique Moisture Surge Spray from the fridge helped her through labour! I’d completely forgotten about that. It made a deep impression on me at the time I read about it because she went on about how relatively easy childbirth was at home with the help of a competent midwife and a cold facial Spritz while I was stuck at the hospital screaming my lungs out with my second. Only a good dose of heroin would have calmed me at that point! I remember feeling weak and inadequate in comparison to cool brave Sali. Now all I feel is really stupid about the whole thing. Obviously I was a grown woman at the time, not some insecure teenager.
Just goes to show how much influence someone like Sali can have, doesn’t it?

On a completely different note: can you recommend a matte or semi matte lipstick that isn’t drying @SqualorVictoria @NotDumbBlonde?

Sorry it’s @NotDumbNotBlonde of course
Oh my word. I'm so sorry that you fell for that and I understand how easily that can happen, but this really made me laugh.

Leosworld

I have just looked this up, wish I hadn’t!

Anything orange blossom I have to have...

I saw a great Lisa Eldridge video, the buy nothing make up tutorial. A total breath of fresh air when most YT videos exist to make us dash out and buy more.

Re mists/spritzes, I love them. I have a feeling that they are 99% pointless in terms of adding anything of value to the skin but I like them when I am hot and bothered (most of the time now that it is the school holidays) and just when I feel like I want a bit of a wake up. I was in hospital for two weeks in February (and like the micellar water for cleaning my face) a mist just made me feel less awful and like I cared. So yes, I think they add something in a self care way. Have any of you used anything from Disciple London? They have a 'juicy mist' and I just love it, smells great and cheaper than Queen of Hungry (although I love Omorovicza...once had a facial at their store in Budapest, it was incredible also made the husband have one, his skin has never looked so good - before or after!).

Aude

VIP Member
It’s weird , I don’t react to anything else but when I’ve applied aloe in the past I go scarlet and I can feel the heat where it’s been applied.
Even weirder.. I intially used a Dr Organic (a Holland & Barrett label) aloe vera gel which felt a bit uncomfortable. I wouldn't say 'burning' but along those lines. I now use H&B cheap own brand aloe vera gel which doesn't have that effect at all and suits me perfectly.

There are other cheap - non-aloe vera - gel alternatives on ebay and Amazon and probably from a medical supplies supplier.

Spanner

Chatty Member
I have the Sam McKnight cool girl (I was influenced) and it’s ok. The Oribe one that @Sandyshore mentions is truly amazing though. There used to be a good one from a line at boots, it was black packaging with an illustration on? that was great for the money. I don’t know if it still exists

cholulamare

Chatty Member
I am not sure who was talking about stopping hot cloth cleansing for using micellar water but I purchased the Garnier rosewater one on your recommendation and have used for about a month. I can't believe the difference, my skin is SO much better! I thought it was the aging process that was giving me dry and red skin, turns out it was my cleansing routine, so thank you!
I'm tempted to try this. Do you just cleanse with micellar on a cotton pad and rinse with water?

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
The individual isn't named or identifiable in any way. I don't see why we can't discuss the dark side of the influencer culture and the complete mishandling of the mods in relation to the issue.

I do take your point though and can ask the mods here to remove my posts if people think I should
Same here.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I'd rather judge her on what she purports to be - a serious writer and "proper" journalist. Neither of which I've seen any evidence of.
Apart from a few paragraphs in the Guardian each week what does she write?
She said the other day her new book includes an old Pool column she's "repurposed" - all about sustainability is our Sal, endlessly recycling the same old opinions for publication.
A hundred percent everything you said.

Warrend

Eye cream - I've yet to find a good one, I just dab on some nice facial oil with some moisturiser on top.