Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Hooded eyes are sexy. Sali hasn't a clue what she's talking about. Wouldn't it be so boring if everyone looked the same.

There was a few mentions of Nars Orgasm here, I absolutely love it. First tried it in my early 20s (so not influenced by Sali) and hated it but I decided to give it another go last year and it's the only blusher I've used since. The first day I wore it last year my boyfriend said I was "glowing"

Regarding the Nuface and tear troughs, the ELE attachment works around the eye area. The mini is definitely just as good, the only drawback is you can't use the attachments. But not everyone wants to be bothered with those anyway.
Can you use the ELE on tear troughs???

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Kinda glad I don't have problems whereby I need to cleanse with anything other than an oil cleanse (for when I wear make up) and Cetaphil for every other day.

Also Nuface update. Tried the highest setting. No visible lift yet (my sag is stubborn!) and felt a bit tingly so shall be more careful next time.
Make sure your skin is wet with gel!

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
You've influenced me!
Running low on a few of the items. Great box. Apart from the highlighter that I'll not use but will give to someone who will!
Ah I feel awk to have influenced, hope its not a dud! Pls let us know if the sun creams are nice!

Shane

Only thing worse than being talked about ....

(this may have been referenced up thread already, or perhaps another thread I read - soz)

CocoCottesmore

So face spritzers. Are they actually no good for your face then? I've recently become peri menopausal (because I am there) and the hot flushes across my face have been the worst. Was considering a face spritz just for the cooling effect rather than moisturising etc (although I do have dry skin). Would have to be cruelty free if I did buy one. What say you?

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
i got that email - thought it was for last night and that it expired this morning??! 🤔
Oh I just got it this evening! Sorry if it doesn’t work, thought it was worth a share. I don’t need anything

ETA: glad it was of use! also #notanad 🤣🤣

also love how they only sought to vip me after I bought a bloody nuface after being a customer for years.

Last edited:

crossword

I have Clinique Black Honey somewhere, it looks quite good on me. Must dig it out. It came as a tiny gift size with something else I bought and keeps getting lost.

Simplemind

Has anyone tried a LED mask thing? I can’t do nuface cos of dodgy chops. Saw the Beauty Maverick review on Current Body and it was positive.

Badabing101

VIP Member
They are by no means completely filled in. I will need brow product forever sadly. I look back at photos of old me and I had the best brows. So full and thick and dark. Until that "brow queen" told me they were too strong for my face 😭😭
What happened with the brow queen and who was it?

This thread has me in a daily battle of just complete acceptance of my face versus OMG I WANT A NUFACE!

I wonder if they have a therapeutic effect on migraines? I wonder if I could pretend they do.
I had a terrible migraine yesterday and had the exact same thought when my NuFace arrived and I was trying to ease my guilt. I think relieving tension in the face could possibly be helpful....?

One of the reasons i haven't bitten yet is that a few people reported worsened migraines. Also some people with deep metal fillings (I spent most of the 1960s eating Sherbet Lemons) experienced unpleasant jangling sensations. I have been trawling reviews most of today! As I'm one of those who always gets every side effect in the leaflet.
Wrote the above before I saw this. As you can see I did not do my deep research.

Aude

VIP Member
Wonder what she got for that? Shameless
I don't think she would have been paid (if that is what you were wondering). I don't think she would ever have accepted direct payment - actual money - for recommending something in her Guardian column.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Really interesting article, thanks for posting. Why is it 'back up', was there some sort of controversy? Sorry if I missed this. It's inspired me to cut out HA temporarily and see what happens, since I have some of the sensitivity and dryness issues mentioned.

ETA: I just thought, this is especially interesting considering the amount of times I've seen Sali tell people they can't possibly be sensitive to HA because it's not an exfoliating acid - and I believed her! I wonder if her next move is "I've always said HA is snake oil, and prefer cosseting ingredients like squalene..."

I don't get on with Clarins, but why does every other person but me find amazing beauty stuff in TK Maxx? I love TK Maxx, but never find anything like the bargains that other people find there. It's always Nars single eyeshadows in weird shades at best. Do they only send certain brands out to certain branches or something?
Yes, what @notdumb said. I think someone posted the original in some form here, but it was quite a while ago. I imagine Defino would have said if it had been edited since?

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Exactly, no "weak dilute" or "just a smidge" from her. And I know I've already mentioned it but I do love that she talks about nutrition and exercise also as it's not just skincare that makes a difference. You could buy all the skincare in the world but if diet is crap it won't matter. Sali never touches on that except when she used to pretend she never bothered to work out in her life and was allergic to exercise. That turned out to be a lie. Sali wants to pretend she looks good effortlessly, Angie is upfront about the work she puts into it
When did Sali say that?

crossword

I had similar experience to Revlon Lip Butter with chanel rouge coco shine. Bit more expensive though. 🙄

Greasy and disappears too soon

Last edited:

Booklover

VIP Member
I don't find my hooded eyes unattractive- i like to think they're smouldery Charlotte Rampling bedroom eyes! - but it's annoying that eye makeup creases like mad. I only wear eyeliner now (shadow as eyeliner) and haven't bothered since lockdown. I used to have a terrible weakness for multi eye palettes like the Dior 5 shade ones and couldn't make them show up nicely on my eyes.

The only reason I would ever consider the op is if it really gets too hard to see out (as Caroline claimed). Sometimes I have to raise my eyebrows to see fine detail properly especially when I'm tired.
I don't go in for palettes, but I do like Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream eye sticks. Nice range of colours and don't drag on your eyelid too much. I'm wearing a shade called Nude Beach, which is lovely.