Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mselvista

VIP Member
I've just checked back through the threads and it looks like podcast started that week so probably legitimate increase in followers.

Ignore the above, podcast started in August, injectibles episode aired that week so I was wrong.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
This speculation - which is all that it can possibly be - is in really bad taste.
No more so than people who began commenting about media. It's bad taste that a common argument elsewhere is that depressed people shouldn't be held to the legal account for their abuse.

I remember. I followed it and had a look 🤪

Yes, commentary under Instagram posts about Botox was linked to posters also, er, posting here about Botox. Handmaiden was one of them that stood out to me because she was very eloquent and a former GTLer.

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
“The invitation encouraged guests to forgo concealer, foundation, and other facades and show up as their natural selves,” a press release stated

Yeah, because the average Hollywood celeb in the Goop circle of wellness [:rolleyes:] is going to rock up there in a onesie, requesting a pepperoni pizza and the nearest sofa

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
That is a horrible comment. I think she's absolutely beautiful. I remember being awed at how a person can look this amazing and I actually did check out her products at the time. The "hidden" sales pitch made me go sour though.
She is absolutely beautiful and it's ridiculous for that commenter to suggest otherwise! I also liked the products, they were good quality and reasonably priced.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Does anyone know where abouts there are screenshots or links to her talking about getting Lauren Luke fired? I’ve had a look but can’t find anything, might be because there is so much on Sali.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
To sling her saddle onto the back of public discussions about Caroline Flack, trying to gain sympathy, is a disgrace in my opinion...

The press, the media organisations who groom these people and then discard them might one day have someone at the helm with an actual beating heart in their chest who will think twice.

p.s. Apologies for typos/bad grammar, coffee break drive by posting
What is the saddle metaphor?

- I dont follow Caroline Flack but is there strong reference to the media impact as the reason? It's not unheard of for people with credible allegations for abuse against them often to implode when faced with the legal ramifications. Who is to say that if she had the same allegations against her in a parallel world where she wasnt famous that there wouldn't be the same (sad) outcome?

She didnt take her own life after a newspaper article, she took it after information from the CPS came through.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Kind of off topic but here's a big blue ticker who is on the fringes of her twitter pals questioning Scofe. I'm off to see what John Niven has to say!
Yeah thats what I heard - very far down a drunk grapevine - something along those lines. a tabloid was ready to publish a story of Scofe with a much younger lad and Scofe took the logical decision to jump rather than be pushed.

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Mumsnet subreddit and it was truly scary( not even exaggerating).
Mumsnet has a subreddit! :LOL:

Speaking of foundations (see, that's what I love here as well)
foundation is my weakness though...just bloody love it
Mine too, and the last one was an expensive mistake - YSL touche eclat foundation; says radiant, luminous; clings on every dry patch and some I didn't even know I had! Texture seemed nice on my hand, had a discount so was trigger happy, and now I'm stuck with it and making it work somehow.

Badabing101

VIP Member
Although in spirit of influencing I bought a Mac foundation (first one ever) a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT. It’s called Waterweight... so nice

Mumsnet has a subreddit! :LOL:

Speaking of foundations (see, that's what I love here as well)

Mine too, and the last one was an expensive mistake - YSL touche eclat foundation; says radiant, luminous; clings on every dry patch and some I didn't even know I had! Texture seemed nice on my hand, had a discount so was trigger happy, and now I'm stuck with it and making it work somehow.
Mix it with moisturiser?!

melfish

VIP Member
We know though thet a magazine is paid for , products are paid for and there is a level of disconnection between us readers and paid journalists.

Influencers pretend to be friends and come to us with ‘this fab thing ive found’ expecting us to believe them because they’re in our lives all the time.

Comparing magazines and newspapers with Instagram just isn’t apples and apples.
Course not. Wasn't suggesting they were comparable, just offering where the attitude might come from