Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Dear god, the column! She has jumped the shark.

She’s dismissed eye creams forever as unnecessary and useless, but...

View attachment 89614

So many superfluous words. This description of “my beloved squalene” is peak bollocks...

View attachment 89609

And if £46 for 15ml is too much for you, she has a cheaper options including £40 for 15ml 🙄
I'm reminded of an episode of 'Men Behaving Badly' where Gary is trying to come up with a quote to describe himself and Tony.
Dorothy comes up with one straight away "I drink beer therefore I talk bollox"

How many beers do we think Sali had before writing that column?

• Haha
Reactions: 1

ProudNose

She probably looked great. LE doesn't do bad makeup especially for someone's wedding. Blow it out your ass Sali.

Reactions: 1

OliveGal

I know...I was surprised when I read it was coming back. Although I really like both Cherry & Hannah so hopefully it won’t have the extreme surgery make-overs like the old series (am I right in thinking Jade Goody’s mum was on it)...?

Simplemind

It’s ‘the more than most’ that gets me. Sorry, but that’s just annoying. I love a glossy mag (don’t buy them anymore tho).

It’s ‘the more than most’ that gets me. Sorry, but that’s just annoying. I love a glossy mag (don’t buy them anymore tho).
Following thought is that it’s kind of fiction writing and not research so maybe okay. I do a lot of proof reading and would question a statement like that but I guess it’s fine in that context.

Last edited:

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
Wow! That’s nice to see. Maybe this awful tragedy will be an opportunity for many people to reflect and act with more kindness (myself included)

Last edited:

Whoknew

Yes! I saw this too. Exactly what I am talking about. I thought it must have been an older photo until I read the caption
She’s been very open about her love of Profhilo. (Sp?) She had me googling prices for it at one point

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
One word: T U R G I D

This article is also missing any recent developments in facials - the hydrafacial is amazing, and so many places are now doing facials involving lasers, LED therapy, microneedling, etc. It’s not expensive (I go to Skin Laundry which is £50 a pop), and can make a real difference for some skin complaints.
Would you mind sharing a bit more about Skin Laundry? I'm intrigued but a little scared too.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Really Ree is a strange one because I think her site is informative - in as much as she swatches everything so you can see the colours (although this wouldn’t work for anyone with a skin tone anything other than pale white) and she also does before and afters with foundation etc. I mean it’s pretty obvious she’s sent the products as samples to try, but maybe not all of her audience realises that. I’m definitely going to listen to the Woman’s Hour episode now.
Thing is, she's always obsessed with things - her "reviews" sound like press releases.