Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have a look at Marian Keyes Instagram grid from about a week ago. She can't praise Hershesons enough for her hair extensions. Her and Sali were matey at one stage if I remember correctly? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sali do an 'In the bathroom' with her?
Now maybe I'm being a bit of a witch here because I'll be honest and admit that she's someone I really don't like. I always thought she came across as incredibly false and her stupid 'Oirish' isms really annoyed me (I have Irish family and friends and none of them speak like leprechauns!)
Then my suspicions were confirmed. In another life. I used to be cabin crew, had her on a flight and she was a complete bloody Primadonna. I felt really sorry for her poor husband (aka 'Himself' :rolleyes:) because it was very obvious who wears the trousers there.
That is very interesting! I am Irish and I can't stand her either! She's so not funny and the half hearted attempt at wokeness is painful

They're still close, MK was at her wedding
I also can't stand MK, she's just so false. She seems likes the type of person that would be as nice as pie to someone and then be horrible about them the moment they left the room.

The twee Oirishisms also drive me crazy
I knew she was at The Wedding but aren't the more Twitter friends than actual besties ?

Reactions: 2
I'd never heard of her until here, and won't be picking up one of her novels any time soon. Her brand of twee is extremely off-putting. I lived in Ireland for a year and didn't here anyone going on like that

Reactions: 8
This is also Sali setting herself as some kind of expert on mature skin while simultaneously denying such skin exists
"I'm not there yet!"

diff tack - I saw the Billie Eilish same interview third year and it really highlighted her fresh perspective at homeschooled 17 compared to Sali "working in journalism for 20yrs" harsh stubbornness. The generation below me really have their tit together

Reactions: 2
Oh thank duck for that. Thought I was one of the only Marian Keyes haters.
The twee Oirish-isms are just incoherent.
And her books are dull.

Reactions: 5
I'm starting to think that Marian Keyes deserves her own thread.
Thank God it's not just me who thinks she's incredibly false, especially with her fake 'Oirish' isms.

Reactions: 4
Feels like she's playing into antiquated Irish myths/stereotypes for the benefit of her woke London mates?

Reactions: 7
Thank God it's not just me who thinks she's incredibly false
Agreed. She constantly namechecks loads of brands and products, with never an #ad #gifted etc to be seen. I think it was during her ITB with SH that MK talks about how much stuff she gets sent. She's an influencer if ever there was one.
MK must be an intelligent woman to write all those bestselling books, so why the 'simpleton oirish girl' shtick? It feels even weirder now she's getting older...very Baby Jane.

Reactions: 6
It is strange. My OH is Irish and never feels compelled to be joke Oirish. Or his family. In fact if people said about them what MK says about Irish people it would be considered offensive.
I would very interested to hear what SH says about older skin in a couple of years. I don't understand why if she keeps being asked by older women how to address their changing skin, she tells them they are wrong and their skin isn't changing (apart from being sallow for some reason). I did try the L'Oréal Rosy stuff a while ago as it was on special offer and it wasn't awful but did make me look too pink. One size does not fit all.
And we aren't going mad are we? She did say a while ago nobody should go for pink undertones? I remember she always disliked Touche Éclat for that reason, but then loved the Touche Éclat foundation.

Reactions: 8
Yes she’s always said about going for more yellow tones, which I believe is a load of BS. If that’s the case how come a pink blush suits the majority of people?
It’s the undertones you need to get right isn’t it? So if you have cool tones, a blue / cool pink works well and if you have warmer skin tone a brown/ orange toned pink is better.

Really Ree is a strange one because I think her site is informative - in as much as she swatches everything so you can see the colours (although this wouldn’t work for anyone with a skin tone anything other than pale white) and she also does before and afters with foundation etc. I mean it’s pretty obvious she’s sent the products as samples to try, but maybe not all of her audience realises that. I’m definitely going to listen to the Woman’s Hour episode now.

Marian Keyes - hmmm I do like her books, I find them easy and inoffensive so great bedtime readying, but yes the bloody isms are annoying.

I listened to the Dawn O’P and Matt Haig podcast yesterday and it was interesting. I don’t agree 100% with what he was saying about tattle as this thread is not a nasty witch fest - nowhere near. Some of the other threads I’ve read can be pretty mean and it’s not nice to read it... won’t go into which ones because it would be completely off topic. There are some shockers out there though.

I think I might be repeating myself here but I believe that for the likes of SH etc their reality is so far away from non influencers they lose sight of what’s normal for the average person to buy and spend. If everything you get is samples, gifts or heavily discounted then it’s easy to lose perspective (a lot of people would) . I used to get so many samples and perks with my job and that no longer happens, I still get a discount but I always find my consumption is more considered than when I got free stuff (even with a 50% discount).

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone, first time poster here. I used to follow S for her In the Bathroom series and loved them. Only until the one she had with Rosie Huntington. I watched and being completely unaware of influencer marketing at the time, didn't notice the video was an excuse for pushing Rosie's upcoming makeup line. It was not marked as an ad, there were no disclaimers. After perusing the comment section I did start to notice it was a sneaky product push! Then all of a sudden the comment section got disabled.

Before posting this I got back and checked if they added a disclaimer, and no they didn't, but the comments are back up with all everything intact. No complaints are deleted which I find surprising. Here's one thread with an answer from SH's team which I find particularly annoying. Look how they avoid giving an answer to the real complaint. "They're not in the bathroom, Rosie lives in the US" Oh rly? So typical with these people.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Hi everyone, first time poster here. I used to follow S for her In the Bathroom series and loved them. Only until the one she had with Rosie Huntington. I watched and being completely unaware of influencer marketing at the time, didn't notice the video was an excuse for pushing Rosie's upcoming makeup line. It was not marked as an ad, there were no disclaimers. After perusing the comment section I did start to notice it was a sneaky product push! Then all of a sudden the comment section got disabled.

Before posting this I got back and checked if they added a disclaimer, and no they didn't, but the comments are back up with all everything intact. No complaints are deleted which I find surprising. Here's one thread with an answer from SH's team which I find particularly annoying. Look how they avoid giving an answer to the real complaint. "They're not in the bathroom, Rosie lives in the US" Oh rly? So typical with these people.
I remember that one, SH was totally bored and didn't want to be there. She had a sour expression on her face the whole time. I also remember some comments from people about RHW not being that beautiful. Keep telling yourselves that

Here's the comment

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow

The reply about it not being in her bathroom is do irritating! That's obviously not what they mean.

I remember that one, SH was totally bored and didn't want to be there. She had a sour expression on her face the whole time. I also remember some comments from people about RHW not being that beautiful. Keep telling yourselves that

Here's the comment
I wish I wasn't that beautiful.

Reactions: 6

Here's the comment
That is a horrible comment. I think she's absolutely beautiful. I remember being awed at how a person can look this amazing and I actually did check out her products at the time. The "hidden" sales pitch made me go sour though.

That is a horrible comment. I think she's absolutely beautiful. I remember being awed at how a person can look this amazing and I actually did check out her products at the time. The "hidden" sales pitch made me go sour though.
She is absolutely beautiful and it's ridiculous for that commenter to suggest otherwise! I also liked the products, they were good quality and reasonably priced.

No wonder she ended up with a thread here, when for literally years her followers were pointing out inconsistencies in a polite, measured, eloquent way and receiving nothing but petulant replies.

All of your own making, Sali my dear.

Reactions: 16
No wonder she ended up with a thread here, when for literally years her followers were pointing out inconsistencies in a polite, measured, eloquent way and receiving nothing but petulant replies.

All of your own making, Sali my dear.
Exactly! I was going to say the same. The second reply from a poster stating 'instead of getting bitter over a tiny minority of comments....' etc was spot on and from years ago. Way before Tattle.
I will never understand how she thinks putting yourself on SM in one way or another means you should be immune from any criticism. And then calling the mildest negative comment bullying and trolling.

Reactions: 9
"Thank you" :LOL:
I'm disappointed in myself I didn't look at the comments back then.

I think it's Sali herself answering (or her assistant had really mastered her passive-aggressive style).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
"Thank you" :LOL:
I'm disappointed in myself I didn't look at the comments back then.

I think it's Sali herself answering (or her assistant had really mastered her passive-aggressive style).
Oh it was hallmark Sali

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm starting to think that Marian Keyes deserves her own thread.
Thank God it's not just me who thinks she's incredibly false, especially with her fake 'Oirish' isms.
However irritating she is, I don’t think this would be a good idea. She’s repeatedly had the most brutal, suicidal depression. She’s actually quite sensible and insightful when talking about this.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.