Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried Zelens after seeing CH praise it to the skies, even though it was more than I could afford, and it upset my skin even more. I stopped following her a while ago after her content and focus seemed to have really changed (as others here have noted in detail) in a way I found supremely irritating.
Yes yes yes ... it all got a bit too much for me, really got on my wick. So stopped following.

A poor soul from Glamour Magazine reviewed the place recently.

My daily menu consists of two boiled potatoes and a boiled egg for breakfast, a minute piece of trout and more potatoes for lunch and, as predicted by my much-bemused brother, who visited the clinic last year, I’m only allowed bone broth for dinner. The broth, which I grow to dread throughout the day, is essentially a really watered down mug of Bisto gravy.

Before all that you are treated to a first-class ticket of Epsom salts to drink... to Shitsville
Shitsville Arizona at that

Reactions: 1
There was an event for Deborah Orrs new book last night, Dolly Alderton led the panel. Was surprised not to see any mention if it from Sali and her cohorts.
Dolly appears to be getting the gigs Sal wishes she did. An Ephron foreword and literary discussions.

I'd of thought she would of gone just to celebrate her friend.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
There was an event for Deborah Orrs new book last night, Dolly Alderton led the panel. Was surprised not to see any mention if it from Sali and her cohorts.
Dolly appears to be getting the gigs Sal wishes she did. An Ephron foreword and literary discussions.

I'd of thought she would of gone just to celebrate her friend.
there will be much faux smiling through the taste of sour grapes in her mouth

Reactions: 7
Sali didn’t go to the Deborah Orr event, I’m surprised , I’d have thought she’d be all over strong women journalists having something interesting to say.

Maybe she wasn’t on the guest list.

Reactions: 6
Sali didn’t go to the Deborah Orr event, I’m surprised , I’d have thought she’d be all over strong women journalists having something interesting to say.

Maybe she wasn’t on the guest list.
NFI as Nadine Baggott says

Reactions: 1
It has been a scorching hot minute since Sali mentioned her VERY CLOSE friend Deborah

If your followers go up by 2k overnight, does it mean you’ve just bought them?
Possibly or you may have had a mention by a popular account.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes! I saw this too. Exactly what I am talking about. I thought it must have been an older photo until I read the caption
She’s been very open about her love of Profhilo. (Sp?) She had me googling prices for it at one point

I've just checked back through the threads and it looks like podcast started that week so probably legitimate increase in followers.

Ignore the above, podcast started in August, injectibles episode aired that week so I was wrong.

It has been a scorching hot minute since Sali mentioned her VERY CLOSE friend Deborah

Possibly or you may have had a mention by a popular account.
I didn’t think of that. I did have a little look to see if any of the followers appear to be bots 🤖. Some have the hallmarks of bots as in no pictures, no or very few followers, strange names and following many people. It’s not a majority of the followers or anything but every few there is a botty one. Maybe that’s just natural when you have a big account.

Is v. Interesting as I suspect a lot of number manipulation goes on and influencers just have to get on and do it or be left behind. Raises ethical questions though because more followers probably confers legitimacy which then leads to organic growth and more income. All seems very smoke and mirrors to me because essentially the aim is to sell product. And if posts in the grid are ‘not an ad’ or the influencer paid for it then it’s still advertising in a way as it’s still broadcasting a product to buy. My head is going to explode if I keep thinking about the mental gymnastics required to maintain that an influencer account is not simply a billboard. So what if sometimes they rent out the billboard for free? I mean that’s just like a deal to entice new customers basically. It’s advertising the advertising. And then people (myself included) click like! They add their little heart vote which tells Chanel or Estée Lauder or whoever: here’s a legitimate space to use to manipulate women. Here’s a space with a big reach, we may be able to influence quite a few women to put money from their pay check into our retirement funds!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.