Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If timing worked, I’d 100% be doing Edinburgh. I’m limited to April, though. I kind of hope I just get into London so I don’t have to decide on where to race. Newport for a Wellogs sighting is somehow both tempting and off-putting 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is good news for me as I’m doing Edinburgh half in a few weeks! Is it flat like they claim…
If anything edi is actually downhill, imho. I flew through the first 10k last year without really feeling it - and didn’t do a Kels and bonk the 2nd half because I was fucked 🤣 once you hit the beach it’s flat as pancake

• Haha
Lemming have you done Manchester since it changed the route, the old one was weird but the new one which actually goes into the city centre is much better

Reactions: 1
Lemming have you done Manchester since it changed the route, the old one was weird but the new one which actually goes into the city centre is much better
No, I did it in 2019 which was the last one on the old route I think. I was entered for 2020 but obviously that didn't happen and I think I've retired from marathon running now.

Manchester or Paris personally. Not a Brighton fan!
---
Or Boston U.K. for flat if you don’t mind a small field, really underrated, cheap, well organised and insanely flat
Can be windy 🌬
---
No, I did it in 2019 which was the last one on the old route I think. I was entered for 2020 but obviously that didn't happen and I think I've retired from marathon running now.
New route 💯 better ! Especially the deansgate section

Manchester is great but the only marathon I've done so can't compare it with anything. Very well supported though, pretty much flat and they have lots of bands/DJs/choirs on the way round which is fun. I will say that this year was MUCH busier than last year, it never really thinned out and they're definitely pushing to increase numbers. Have an exit strategy, leaving the event was the worst bit.

Reactions: 2
Yes Manchester is basically pushing for London numbers without London’s public transport system, or hotel infrastructure…

Reactions: 3
How long before he tries getting sponsorship etc from the big brands?
All credit to Jasmin Paris - I read somewhere that she intentionally does not get sponsored, as her current kit is fine and to reduce the environmental impact of new kit..

Reactions: 9
Anya has made an insta post where she alludes to the ultra getting in the way of marathon training - she says that she “said yes” to every opportunity which got in the way of training. And also that she has a busy life and can’t hit 100 mile weeks.
Makes me wonder if she reads on here as those points have been made on this thread.
To be fair to her, going from an average person to an elite athlete in such a short space of time must be pretty bizarre. I wonder if she’ll bother trying to get to a 2:30 marathon or focus more on “fun” opportunities like the desert ultra etc

Reactions: 7
Runnerof4 has posted a reel about returning to running too soon after Berlin. Marathongirl_becki posted after the London marathon that she didn’t achieve her goal because running 4 marathons in 5 months in hindsight wasn’t a good idea. What do they pay their coaches for?! One role of a coach is stop you overtraining. Their coaches are coaches to avoid 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Runnerof4 has posted a reel about returning to running too soon after Berlin. Marathongirl_becki posted after the London marathon that she didn’t achieve her goal because running 4 marathons in 5 months in hindsight wasn’t a good idea. What do they pay their coaches for?! One role of a coach is stop you overtraining. Their coaches are coaches to avoid 🤣
my coach asked me what my plans were to get back to the gym and running after Manchester - I told her - and then she was like ‘yeah, no…you’re gonna hate me but you’re not doing it then’ you waiting another week 😂 And she was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT cos I was still knackered by when I wanted to go back!

I’ve done a lot of London’s and it was insanely busy this year. I think they keep trying to push the attendance records. I’ve decided to not do it next year 🫣 it was so busy it wasn’t enjoyable at all this year. If I did it again it would be if my mum got a place and I’d jog round with her
It was noticeably busier this year. It was scary at times. I’m not sure I’ll be back next year. Especially if they want to make it even busier.

Reactions: 2
Anya has made an insta post where she alludes to the ultra getting in the way of marathon training - she says that she “said yes” to every opportunity which got in the way of training. And also that she has a busy life and can’t hit 100 mile weeks.
Makes me wonder if she reads on here as those points have been made on this thread.
To be fair to her, going from an average person to an elite athlete in such a short space of time must be pretty bizarre. I wonder if she’ll bother trying to get to a 2:30 marathon or focus more on “fun” opportunities like the desert ultra etc
She literally runs for her job… I suspect being an elite hasn’t been all she thought it might have been cracked up to be and will maybe move more over to the influencer side of things

Reactions: 4
my coach asked me what my plans were to get back to the gym and running after Manchester - I told her - and then she was like ‘yeah, no…you’re gonna hate me but you’re not doing it then’ you waiting another week 😂 And she was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT cos I was still knackered by when I wanted to go back!
Your coach sounds wonderful. There’s a duty of care with coaching and most don’t seem to give a toss about that.

Reactions: 5
Another shout out for Emma Kirk-Odunubi - who has been reiterating this point a lot and is always really good about emphasising the importance of rest, cross-training and recovery.
(Side note - she's doing 4 marathons in April for charity this month, but clarifies she's been specifically training for this kind of repeated endurance and that people should not be copying her!)

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have nuttyfoodiefitness thread? I can’t find it anywhere?
Here it is. It’s pretty quiet

• Heart
Just waiting for Kirsty to crash and burn at Edinburgh. She pulled out of Berlin no doubt because she figured she wouldn’t get the PB she was trying for. She admitted her legs are tired from CrossFit and intervals. How does she not realise that she won’t be hitting any more PBs if she keeps trying to smash running and CrossFit in parallel? Now she announced starting a new job which requires in office presence. That will be very interesting to see…

Reactions: 3