Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep every time I’ve seen Sally mentioned it’s positive? I really like her, she trains well, has a job, I don’t think her eating is disordered and she’s running PB after PB, isn’t a bag of bones and isn’t always injured so her milage works for her.

I think some people are quick to call high milage the second they see 60+ a week, and then in the same breath saying they are 4:30 hr marathon runners.. yes you can overdo it of course but it’s not rocket science that a 2:35 marathon runner will probably be doing higher milage than a 4:30 runner, and if you’re a 4;30 runner doing higher milage than a 2:35 runner, you need to seriously dial into what’s up with your training.
If you search her name you will see the posts, they were saying she used to have issues with food but didn't any more, and I think they said she was doing 100 mile weeks... nothing to make a Tiktok about 🤷‍♀️. I've never heard of her or seen her posts so can't comment myself.

Reactions: 1
This is good news for me as I’m doing Edinburgh half in a few weeks! Is it flat like they claim…
It is - more downhill in the start so you can go for good positive splits
---
If timing worked, I’d 100% be doing Edinburgh. I’m limited to April, though. I kind of hope I just get into London so I don’t have to decide on where to race. Newport for a Wellogs sighting is somehow both tempting and off-putting 😂
Paris Paris Paris!!

So Charlotte Clarke is now setting herself up as a running coach. Anyone know if she's got any qualifications besides being an influencer? I'm so incredibly sick of every man, woman, and their dog setting themselves up as a running coach just because they have a sizeable instagram following.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
No I agree strange to make a tik tok about. I do also think if you’re doing a lot on social media and reaping the benefits in terms of freebies or income you need to expect a bit of negative feedback…

Reactions: 4
Becky Briggs post about 'starting running from scratch' after a injury annoyed me. An athlete at her level who has been running training since childhood and takes a short break is not starting from scratch by any means. I follow many people who take longer than 3 months off for illness, injury or even pregnancy. None of them refer to it as starting from scratch. I don't know if she wants to make her achievements appear greater than it is or what exactly but it seemed a bit weird way of phrasing it.

Reactions: 12
Becky and Anya both like to push the amateur narrative.
Anya I have no idea about but mad when you think Becky was running UK national 10k times and represented Britain at the World XC champs as a teenager - directly from this facebook post:
" Becky’s fantastic 10,000 metres time of 34:09 saw her achieve the senior England qualification standard, ranked her first in the Under 20 British rankings, second in Europe and in the top ten in the world in 2018. In March 2019 she was selected to represent the Great Britain team at the World Cross-Country Championships in Aarhus, Denmark and is currently the highest ranked Under 23 British half-marathon runner." She's 24 now ? so would've been 17 or 18 when she was in the top 10 in the world. Quite literally the opposite of an amateur runner.

Reactions: 7
Anya I have no idea about but mad when you think Becky was running UK national 10k times and represented Britain at the World XC champs as a teenager - directly from this facebook post:
" Becky’s fantastic 10,000 metres time of 34:09 saw her achieve the senior England qualification standard, ranked her first in the Under 20 British rankings, second in Europe and in the top ten in the world in 2018. In March 2019 she was selected to represent the Great Britain team at the World Cross-Country Championships in Aarhus, Denmark and is currently the highest ranked Under 23 British half-marathon runner." She's 24 now ? so would've been 17 or 18 when she was in the top 10 in the world. Quite literally the opposite of an amateur runner.
One thing about Becky, i don't doubt her amazing talent, but the fact she had/has Under 20/under23 half marathon/marathon records to her name is partly because further distances were not historically run by young elite athletes, the marathon distance was where experienced runners went following career on track/roads at 5k/10k.

One thing about Becky, i don't doubt her amazing talent, but the fact she had/has Under 20/under23 half marathon/marathon records to her name is partly because further distances were not historically run by young elite athletes, the marathon distance was where experienced runners went following career on track/roads at 5k/10k.
True. She was still selected for and finished 44th at the World Cross Country champs though which is no mean feat. I find it very disingenuous when she promotes herself as an amateur who's risen up the ranks for that reason.

Reactions: 3
So Charlotte Clarke is now setting herself up as a running coach. Anyone know if she's got any qualifications besides being an influencer? I'm so incredibly sick of every man, woman, and their dog setting themselves up as a running coach just because they have a sizeable instagram following.
Of course she is. Can’t believes she’s not done it already. Everyone remember that time for attention she cried about her boyfriend saying they’d split because he was disgusting and didn’t something you’d not wish on your worst enemy and how what he did was so unforgivable. Then a week later they’re back together once she’d gained attention and more followers from the ones she’s paid for that is

Briggs has come back from double stress fractures to her sacrum. I think she deserves a little sympathy, not too much maybe but just a little.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Briggs has come back from double stress fractures to her sacrum. I think she deserves a little sympathy, not too much maybe but just a little.
I think her stress fracture comeback is an excellent reminder of how much easier it is (fitness-wise) to make a comeback after injury than building up the fitness required for running in the first place. Whenever I’ve taken time off for injury I’ve been surprised at how fast my fitness returned - it’s nothing like being a total beginner. I think Becky is a good role model for coming back from injury though, she’s clearly worked hard at strength training and it’s impressive that she hasn’t sustained any more stress fractures. I’m rooting for her tbh!

Reactions: 4
I think her stress fracture comeback is an excellent reminder of how much easier it is (fitness-wise) to make a comeback after injury than building up the fitness required for running in the first place. Whenever I’ve taken time off for injury I’ve been surprised at how fast my fitness returned - it’s nothing like being a total beginner. I think Becky is a good role model for coming back from injury though, she’s clearly worked hard at strength training and it’s impressive that she hasn’t sustained any more stress fractures. I’m rooting for her tbh!
She could easily frame it as a comeback, an impressive one
I like her too but she’s far from beginner

No not Runner Beans at 4... she is the least inspiring runfluencer ever.

Nonsense. None of these have anything on our assembled list of wrong ‘uns
List of tests with the exception of a couple of them! The article being written originally by that Ali Ball and now the article has been update on the author to a generic name and yet she appears? 🤔 and also that little rat lilliesfitness on their who worked for the company, is friends with this Ali and also coaches her. I tell you if ratty little lillie didn’t have all these friends to pull favours in she’d be a nothing

Anyone seen the news about the 840,000 (and some change) ballot entries for London 2025?

I swear to God, if they give away free places to crappy influencers who either won't train properly for it or won't bother running it I'll never bother trying to get in again.

Reactions: 10