Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Elizabeth Clor making a mediocre Boston marathon (mediocre for the amount of training she does) a personality trait - wandering round the beach in Mexico with her bloody medal on a week later 🙄🙄🙄 she’s a bit nuts I think
I find her self confidence impressive. The swimming video is a bit cringe. I am no expert but her stroke looks messy. Also all those piano/ singing videos. Is she 5? I find her very cringe.
---
This is the “mile 1” and repeat video from a marathon I can support

Why doesn’t he do the wine marathon instead?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Regarding Anya, if I was a professional runner like her, I'd at least reflect on what went well and what went wrong after underperforming like she did in London. I believe most of us expected her to at least improve a little bit considering all the training she does and that she's full time now.

Instead it's just about how proud she is, what an incredible experience it was etc. Fair enough, she can include that as well, but it seems like she's in a bit of denial when she doesn't acknowledge her performance? Did she meet her time goals? Why isn't she being transparent about her expectations and performance at all? Is there anything she's going to change? Did something else happen (illness, injury and so on).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Regarding Anya, if I was a professional runner like her, I'd at least reflect on what went well and what went wrong after underperforming like she did in London. I believe most of us expected her to at least improve a little bit considering all the training she does and that she's full time now.

Instead it's just about how proud she is, what an incredible experience it was etc. Fair enough, she can include that as well, but it seems like she's in a bit of denial when she doesn't acknowledge her performance? Did she meet her time goals? Why isn't she being transparent about her expectations and performance at all? Is there anything she's going to change? Did something else happen (illness, injury and so on).
I was thinking this too. Even when Phily Bowden ran a 2 second PB a Houston recently she was very reflective and open about the fact that she was expecting a much bigger PB given all her training.
Maybe for Anya it was the desert ultra that ruined it for her training-wise (same as Mary) but she doesn’t want to admit that because it would reflect badly on her choice to basically put an influencer trip above training properly. It’s a bit embarrassing IMO if you’re representing your country as an elite athlete to go and do a relay race with lululemon or whoever it was that paid for them to do that instead of giving 100% to marathon training.
Phily would have been in with a chance of being GB champ if she’d run London this year - I wonder if she’ll do it next year? Or is she focusing on ultras now? I hope she doesn’t give up, she seems like someone with the grit to eventually OQ

Reactions: 11
Did Anya even put any time goals out there? I thought maybe she hadn’t because she knew she wasn’t in the best shape (relatively speaking of course!) so maybe is doing that ‘yeahhh I just went for the experience’ thing we all do when we know we’re off the pace, when secretly we are really fucked off we are way off pb 🤣🤣

and yes to Elizabeth Clor’s DREADFUL swimming - I would NEVER have posted that, it’s embarrassingly bad technique- again, fine if you’re not a swimmer but to post it like that and watch her freestyle like an old lady (terrible kick, over rotation, really slow!) is just weird!

Reactions: 4
And here she is today with some very responsible messaging to her followers - all worth it for the kudos and the gram. She truly is the pits!

On another more positive note, does anyone know an influencer called Celina Stephenson? She was recommended to me yesterday by the algorithm, she did the marathon in 5:45ish and seems pretty wholesome with her content and messaging, and just generally pretty likeable. Haven't done a deep enough dive into her so maybe I'm about to be proved wrong!
Yes I follow Celina. So happy for her - slow runners are still runners!! She trained really sensibly and for a non sporty person she did great and is all
About the community

Reactions: 5
and yes to Elizabeth Clor’s DREADFUL swimming - I would NEVER have posted that, it’s embarrassingly bad technique- again, fine if you’re not a swimmer but to post it like that and watch her freestyle like an old lady (terrible kick, over rotation, really slow!) is just weird!
Thank you! Someone with knowledge. I only learnt front crawl properly a bit over a year ago and I am convinced I look horrible but I am doing it for me and I am working on it. Just not getting enough practice in to improve but it’s not a priority for me. It also doesn’t seem to be one for her but why post this on social media 🤦‍♀️ she wrote this book on Boston and now she thinks she is an expert on everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Why is Alex M not addressing the elephant in the room which is that she went for a 3:05 and missed it by 8 minutes? Yes she got a champs spot but only just and she is raving as though she has achieved the unachievable? And after spending all that money and apparently having the best training block ever?
She might get a shock next year when she realises the champs start is way overcrowded and you get trampled by sub 2:40 blokes within the first mile and then trampled again by the quicker GFA runners from the blue wave 😂 such an achievement!!
---
Mine was a big, fat, filthy vegan burger with loaded chips. I didn't actually manage to eat all of it but the thought was there XD
Mine was about 12 G&Ts 🫣 #affleet

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sometimes brands seem to make such silly decisions. The kit Mary wore is the elite kit and is not available to buy. She has soooo many people wanting to know where it was from/wanting to buy, NB would’ve made so much money off it. It just frustrates me that they give these things to influencers who then advertise it yet their followers can’t even buy it 🙃

I was thinking this too. Even when Phily Bowden ran a 2 second PB a Houston recently she was very reflective and open about the fact that she was expecting a much bigger PB given all her training.
Maybe for Anya it was the desert ultra that ruined it for her training-wise (same as Mary) but she doesn’t want to admit that because it would reflect badly on her choice to basically put an influencer trip above training properly. It’s a bit embarrassing IMO if you’re representing your country as an elite athlete to go and do a relay race with lululemon or whoever it was that paid for them to do that instead of giving 100% to marathon training.
Phily would have been in with a chance of being GB champ if she’d run London this year - I wonder if she’ll do it next year? Or is she focusing on ultras now? I hope she doesn’t give up, she seems like someone with the grit to eventually OQ
That's a good point about Phily, she seems very dialed in and takes her training and races seriously, even though she's very goofy in her content. I hope Phily keeps her focus on the marathon distance, she's still relatively young and I'm sure there's more potential to carve out.

Agree!
So disingenuous.
What did she improve by, 1 minute? Wonder how much all that private coaching cost ?!

Why is Alex M not addressing the elephant in the room which is that she went for a 3:05 and missed it by 8 minutes? Yes she got a champs spot but only just and she is raving as though she has achieved the unachievable? And after spending all that money and apparently having the best training block ever?
She might get a shock next year when she realises the champs start is way overcrowded and you get trampled by sub 2:40 blokes within the first mile and then trampled again by the quicker GFA runners from the blue wave 😂 such an achievement!!
---

Mine was about 12 G&Ts 🫣 #affleet

One thing about Sarah is she always seems to pb at marathon, even if it's just a minute, she sets realistic goals to her ability and seems always perform.
Maybe you could link that to her disordered ways etc but she clearly has plan/coach that works for her to keep improving.

Another unmarked ad?? Surely it counts as an ad seeing as it’s HER running plans that she’s been paid for / been paid to be the face of, and she has a discount code? Then again grace Beverley is also queen of undisclosed ads for her own businesses.. should really report this stuff to the ASA
---
Sometimes brands seem to make such silly decisions. The kit Mary wore is the elite kit and is not available to buy. She has soooo many people wanting to know where it was from/wanting to buy, NB would’ve made so much money off it. It just frustrates me that they give these things to influencers who then advertise it yet their followers can’t even buy it 🙃
literally!! I’m looking for a cute outfit for an upcoming race and looked on new balance (not for the exact same set but I thought they might have some kind of nice race fits) and new balance had f all? Not much of their running gear is very fun or unique? Really confusing as a consumer

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Nice to see Sarah’s fitness photos after all her spamming kip running swag and free trips she sticks to her non kip running carbon trainers 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀🚀
IMG_7306.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
I find it slightly disengenuous of a lot of them, same with the under armour lot, the second they could they are back in Nike/adidas/new balance. I’d have so much more respect if they were upfront and said it wasn’t for them or the shoes simply aren’t as good

Just coming back to Elizabeth Clor: anyone else picturing what it’s like to be in the same hotel as her and having her husband film and photograph her every 2 seconds? I recently had it at a hotel over breakfast with an unknown couple filming everything, taking tons of selfies. I was with slightly older family who were completely confused about what they witnessing 😂

• Haha