Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anya has made an insta post where she alludes to the ultra getting in the way of marathon training - she says that she “said yes” to every opportunity which got in the way of training. And also that she has a busy life and can’t hit 100 mile weeks.
Makes me wonder if she reads on here as those points have been made on this thread.
To be fair to her, going from an average person to an elite athlete in such a short space of time must be pretty bizarre. I wonder if she’ll bother trying to get to a 2:30 marathon or focus more on “fun” opportunities like the desert ultra etc
Wouldn’t she have been better starting in the masses ? And working with a group ?? She looked out of her depth ! Interesting comparing her body to Helen Gaunt PT very different

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Just waiting for Kirsty to crash and burn at Edinburgh. She pulled out of Berlin no doubt because she figured she wouldn’t get the PB she was trying for. She admitted her legs are tired from CrossFit and intervals. How does she not realise that she won’t be hitting any more PBs if she keeps trying to smash running and CrossFit in parallel? Now she announced starting a new job which requires in office presence. That will be very interesting to see…
She will have to totally rethink her training, I'm only in the office one day a week and I make that my rest day as I struggle to fit in a run.
Runnerof4 has posted a reel about returning to running too soon after Berlin. Marathongirl_becki posted after the London marathon that she didn’t achieve her goal because running 4 marathons in 5 months in hindsight wasn’t a good idea. What do they pay their coaches for?! One role of a coach is stop you overtraining. Their coaches are coaches to avoid 🤣
Her coach is rushbynature, you'd think she would be a bit more sensible. Welshtits on the other hand couldn't even take a week off after Manchester, he was back running 2 or 3 days later, not a great example for a coach to set.

Wouldn’t she have been better starting in the masses ? And working with a group ?? She looked out of her depth ! Interesting comparing her body to Helen Gaunt PT very different
Anya has a better PB than Helen. It’s not helpful for anyone to compare body size. I’m faster than when I was Helen’s size. Skinny doesn’t always equal faster.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She will have to totally rethink her training, I'm only in the office one day a week and I make that my rest day as I struggle to fit in a run.
I am actually doing my rest days on my wfh days but I am also a bit flexible on office days, unless there is an emergency.

Reactions: 1
Runnerof4 has posted a reel about returning to running too soon after Berlin. Marathongirl_becki posted after the London marathon that she didn’t achieve her goal because running 4 marathons in 5 months in hindsight wasn’t a good idea. What do they pay their coaches for?! One role of a coach is stop you overtraining. Their coaches are coaches to avoid 🤣
Isn’t that Becki coached by Perdue performance?

Reactions: 2
I like her - seems level headed. Works night shifts as a doctor and trains hard - but a
seemed to have got caught up in the “6 star major marathon” gimmick. Fair enough if that’s tour goal, but can’t expect to run a PB if you do 4 marathons in 5 months- terrible decision. And shame on coaches for encouraging that whilst taking money for coaching advice
I thought she is now with Sally something or other…

Liz Newcomer’s coach is Sally O’Gorman - not sure if she coaches other people. Btw, Sally made a tiktok specifically calling this website out for saying mean things about her which I found confusing as I haven’t seen anybody ever mention her ? I like her vids so nothing negative to say myself other than people have a right to call influencers out. If you make a career off posting online for clout then you kinda have to accept criticism..

Reactions: 9
Liz Newcomer’s coach is Sally O’Gorman - not sure if she coaches other people. Btw, Sally made a tiktok specifically calling this website out for saying mean things about her which I found confusing as I haven’t seen anybody ever mention her ? I like her vids so nothing negative to say myself other than people have a right to call influencers out. If you make a career off posting online for clout then you kinda have to accept criticism..
There have been about 2 or 3 comments about her disordered eating and high mileage, she's just after more likes 🙄.

There have been about 2 or 3 comments about her disordered eating and high mileage, she's just after more likes 🙄.
Lol her video made it sound like she gets really mean personal attacks - calling somebody out for promoting undereating is not vicious, it’s necessary!!

I think Sally is or was a coach for Purdue Performance - someone I follow was coached by her as part of Purdue

If anything edi is actually downhill, imho. I flew through the first 10k last year without really feeling it - and didn’t do a Kels and bonk the 2nd half because I was fucked 🤣 once you hit the beach it’s flat as pancake
Maybe I should start practising down hill then rather than up hill!
Heard and seen on elevation it’s flat but don’t believe it ha. Hills are heavy in my training as then when it’s flat, it will much easier. She says. Having not run a half marathon in over a year. Thanks for the info!

I remember finding that video really odd because Sally has always been pretty well received! and then Liz Newcomer piggy backed on it by sharing the video and saying something like 'my coach is faster than any of you trolls,' which shows just how clueless she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yep every time I’ve seen Sally mentioned it’s positive? I really like her, she trains well, has a job, I don’t think her eating is disordered and she’s running PB after PB, isn’t a bag of bones and isn’t always injured so her milage works for her.

I think some people are quick to call high milage the second they see 60+ a week, and then in the same breath saying they are 4:30 hr marathon runners.. yes you can overdo it of course but it’s not rocket science that a 2:35 marathon runner will probably be doing higher milage than a 4:30 runner, and if you’re a 4;30 runner doing higher milage than a 2:35 runner, you need to seriously dial into what’s up with your training.

then Liz Newcomer piggy backed on it by sharing the video and saying something like 'my coach is faster than any of you trolls,' which shows just how clueless she is.
How pathetic! Just shows what a child she is and she knows nothing about any of us, some of us might be faster than her sensitive coach