Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping hell, seems like every man and their dog on Instagram have become 'ambassadors' for some cheap crappy sunglasses company, and now they're raving about it like it's some kind of life changing event. Calm the duck down you saddos.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
bleeping hell, seems like every man and their dog on Instagram have become 'ambassadors' for some cheap crappy sunglasses company, and now they're raving about it like it's some kind of life changing event. Calm the duck down you saddos.
They are also coach you know

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’ve seen that all this morning. And when you look at every single one of them they’re all a bunch of wet wipes. Every single one of them

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I fear she’s going to go the way that a lot of women her age do, have a couple of belting years running fantastic times followed by decades of injuries

I fear she’s going to go the way that a lot of women her age do, have a couple of belting years running fantastic times followed by decades of injuries
I feel like this is the case with the majority of run influencers, and also, running is just a current trend, as yoga was a few years back. It will shift and they will all start doing the next thing to stay relevant.

Reactions: 4
There’s starting to be a lot of interest in Hyrox on the side, not sure if that’s going to take some running influencers away to a new trend. Or at least ease off a bit.
ETA running seemed to really blow up after lockdowns, so would have expected to see some influencers ease off and find something new

Reactions: 7
Someone said on old thread how disordered runnermancbee is, and wow! She really is. Have you also seen her stories about her diary? So so many red flags there…

Someone said on old thread how disordered runnermancbee is, and wow! She really is. Have you also seen her stories about her diary? So so many red flags there…
I think she wants to write a book or something like that. The problem is that she would claim how bad she was before, and how recovered is now… but not, she is not. I’m not a troll, but icen been there and done that. And training 3h per day screams not recovered

Reactions: 2
Is she claiming to have recovered? As in did she acknowledge that she wasn’t in a good place / disordered in the past?
im with you, also not a troll but actually quite worried about her and what she’s putting across…

Reactions: 1
Cynic in me finds the diary entries she has shared so far a little… contrived? Or maybe her main character syndrome really is that extreme 🤷‍♀️ not saying that she hasn’t had a very steep rise from non-runner to sub3 marathoner but I’m not sure I’d bet my house on the diary entries being the real thing

Cynic in me finds the diary entries she has shared so far a little… contrived? Or maybe her main character syndrome really is that extreme 🤷‍♀️ not saying that she hasn’t had a very steep rise from non-runner to sub3 marathoner but I’m not sure I’d bet my house on the diary entries being the real thing
I thought the same, maybe a cynic too

I thought the same, maybe a cynic too
Same - who can tell when they were written. But that’s not material to make her an author. I don’t give a tit about someone’s fake lockdown diaries. Does she think she’s the only person who struggled?

Same - who can tell when they were written. But that’s not material to make her an author. I don’t give a tit about someone’s fake lockdown diaries. Does she think she’s the only person who struggled?
even the word "lockdown" triggers me...

• Sad
She (runnermancbee) just made a post about 2020-2024 where she talks about her massive transformation - I get where she’s coming from but it definitely comes across like she’s lacking balance… like the only options are doing 0 exercise and eating chocolate or doing a 10 mile run and a 14 mile hike. I think the fact she mentions specific mileage is a red flag for me. it’s not like “I was unhealthy and now I’m really fit and healthy”, it’s “now I can run X distance”. Idk if that makes sense, but it never seems to be about fitness with her, more about what mileage she can force her body through?