Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby looks about Jean's age on that photo, if not younger...

There is nothing wrong with being "young at heart" but I can't understand still wanting to wear clothes you wore at that age.

Reactions: 1
Do we know what her parents' professions are? I wonder why she is so intensely focused on academia and why she puts so much pressure on herself. Every minute of her day has to be filled with something learning related, it's madness. At first I thought it was a total persona for her channel but the more I watch her the more I realize it's an actual problem. Maybe her parents forced her to do good in school when she was younger because they are both academics and now she has in ingrained in her that she must succeed.

Reactions: 3
Having to go live back at home has done her no favours. She's regressed even further into her childlike fantasies.

Reactions: 6
Do we know what her parents' professions are? I wonder why she is so intensely focused on academia and why she puts so much pressure on herself. Every minute of her day has to be filled with something learning related, it's madness. At first I thought it was a total persona for her channel but the more I watch her the more I realize it's an actual problem. Maybe her parents forced her to do good in school when she was younger because they are both academics and now she has in ingrained in her that she must succeed.
From what I've read, her dad works in finance in London and her mum does a variety of different things. I think she's an optometrist assistant but has also worked as an aromatherapist..?
I don't think her parents force her, they both seem really normal in her vlogs and her sister definitely isn't as academic as her (I think she even got excluded from college before). I think its Ruby pressuring herself to excel academically for whatever reason rather than anyone else forcing her

Reactions: 10
My theory is that she's still very obsessed with Hermione Granger and wants to be like her in everyway. Possibly because she's not comfortable with who she is as a person, I could be wrong though. I do remember her early content was almost entirely focused on Hermione.

Is her surname actually Granger or is that because of Hermione as well? Not hate, just curiosity!

Reactions: 4
Does she still bring up Harry Potter in general or Hermione a lot? Maybe she wants to make it seem like she's moved on from it but hasn't. It would make sense in a way, if she really idolized the character so much. Was she actually a big HP fan or really just Hermione? She never seems to give herself time to really enjoy movies and series unless it's watching something with her mom.

Reactions: 1
She must have "time off" on the days she doesn't film, surely. No one can be that intense all of the time. I hope for her sake she does anyway...

Reactions: 4
Does she still bring up Harry Potter in general or Hermione a lot? Maybe she wants to make it seem like she's moved on from it but hasn't. It would make sense in a way, if she really idolized the character so much. Was she actually a big HP fan or really just Hermione? She never seems to give herself time to really enjoy movies and series unless it's watching something with her mom.
Not an awful lot, but every now and then. I don't really feel like she's a massive Harry Potter fan. (I know she has a Ravenclaw scarf) but more Hermione.

Reactions: 2
I thought her latest video was nice - I'm glad she's recognising that she needs time off. I just hope it wasn't just for the sake of the ad though.

Reactions: 3
My post was deleted too! I guess we ought to just stick to the bones of the matter, otherwise it’s going to look like a skeleton thread with all the deletions...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I first found her in 2017 and was a bit weirded out by how fixated on Hermione she was…how to be like hermione when you’re bored, how to be like hermione at the beach, how to be like hermione on a plane..the way she made her voice sounds so much like Emma Watson’s as well, the rest of her family’s accents sound very different.

I do feel she’s matured from doing Hermione impressions since being at university but I still think she’s insecure and still trying to find an identity and seems to be putting up a kind of persona to her viewers. No hate on how she dresses but she still looks very much like a schoolgirl sometimes.

She has definitely lived a sheltered life and I agree that she’s going to struggle a lot outside of an academic environment that’s structured and it’s odd how she said before she liked school better than uni. She was head girl though so I suppose that might have something to do with it? She does have a better support system than holly gabrielle at least.

Reactions: 5
I think in fairness she has definitely grown a lot as a person since starting uni, but she still have a bit of a way to go in finding who she is, but then I guess most people her age are similar in that sense.
As you say, those around her are infinitely better influences on her than Holly has, I feel like Ruby’s perfectionism stems from herself rather than her family which is a good thing as it means she can work on it rather than having others encourage it

Reactions: 7
Ruby: Who else loves pretending they live in the 19th century?
Erm... nobody love because we don't romanticise cholera

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ruby: Who else loves pretending they live in the 19th century?
Erm... nobody love because we don't romanticise cholera
The first few comments are saw underneath it were things along the lines of ‘I don’t because I’d be a victim of hate crime’ and ‘no, because of the lack of equality’. I think she’s appealing to a very white, middle class audience when she asks questions like that. I think she needs to consider that not every 19th Century person lived like a Brontë, Austin etc character.

Reactions: 21
The first few comments are saw underneath it were things along the lines of ‘I don’t because I’d be a victim of hate crime’ and ‘no, because of the lack of equality’. I think she’s appealing to a very white, middle class audience when she asks questions like that. I think she needs to consider that not every 19th Century person lived like a Brontë, Austin etc character.
Oh I didn't see any comments, she's clearly turned them off. You're right, so tone deaf.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.