Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand the obsession with reading a book whilst brushing teeth.

1. Surely you only brush teeth for a couple of minutes and therefore only read a page.
2. Surely as it is a paper copy you would get splashes on it
3. Can you not be alone with random thoughts for 2 mins that you have to escape into fiction? It just seems a really unpractical task to multitask. An audio book on the other hand, fine, if you are already listening.

I think Ruby is a kind soul but she is certainly in her bubble of privilege.
I'm pretty sure that she never reads while brushing her teeth. She just included that in a videos a long time ago to make herself seem even more nerdy and quirky but people found it odd and had trouble believing it so now she's perpetuating the lie. I have a feeling a lot of things she includes in those routines aren't really what she would do on the daily but more some type of ideal for her.

Reactions: 9
I'm pretty sure that she never reads while brushing her teeth. She just included that in a videos a long time ago to make herself seem even more nerdy and quirky but people found it odd and had trouble believing it so now she's perpetuating the lie. I have a feeling a lot of things she includes in those routines aren't really what she would do on the daily but more some type of ideal for her.
Hopefully that's the case! He he

Reactions: 2
I kinda feel likes she's obsessed with being seen as clever and academic so will claim to do these things to appear more so.

Reactions: 7
I feel a bit sorry for her.
I felt that when she was away at university she seemed as if she was really 'finding herself'... The Hermione impressions used to make me cringe so it was like she was finally growing up. The family home gives me the creeps slightly. I think she’s a nice person but I don’t think she’s necessarily mentally very healthy.

Reactions: 5
Just another observation I made from watching her recent insta stories.. her apparent “obsession“ with being able to fit into kids clothes as a 20 year old is kinda getting weird now
Does anyone else think it was also odd that she was wearing it back to front?? Later on she changed it and it seemed to have a quite obvious v neck front to it. I can understand inside out (we’ve all done it 😂) but not backwards on a top with a clear front and back. Her mum also pointed it out to her and she replied in a kind of jokey sarcastic way ‘oh dear’ and didn’t seem bothered about changing it. I might be looking into it too much but does anyone else think that she wanted us to see that label?? Especially because it seemed like her mum made a point of pointing it out (which easily could have been done off camera).

Reactions: 13
Does anyone else think it was also odd that she was wearing it back to front?? Later on she changed it and it seemed to have a quite obvious v neck front to it. I can understand inside out (we’ve all done it 😂) but not backwards on a top with a clear front and back. Her mum also pointed it out to her and she replied in a kind of jokey sarcastic way ‘oh dear’ and didn’t seem bothered about changing it. I might be looking into it too much but does anyone else think that she wanted us to see that label?? Especially because it seemed like her mum made a point of pointing it out (which easily could have been done off camera).
yes I saw that! very strange attention seeking behaviour?!

Ok I really want to know what the posts that were deleted are 😅

I really like Ruby, I found her at the same time as I discovered Eve Bennett and Anastasia K so I just liked how different she was. I find her videos relaxing to listen to when I’m getting ready for work (though it’s been a few months!)

Is anyone part of her book club on Facebook? It’s the most disorganised thing which is funny considering how organised she is!

Reactions: 3
Ok I really want to know what the posts that were deleted are 😅

I really like Ruby, I found her at the same time as I discovered Eve Bennett and Anastasia K so I just liked how different she was. I find her videos relaxing to listen to when I’m getting ready for work (though it’s been a few months!)

Is anyone part of her book club on Facebook? It’s the most disorganised thing which is funny considering how organised she is!
Hopefully this does not go against the rules but the deleted post talked about some personal information.

Honestly I never understood why people would join her bookclub. If all I want to hear about a book is how „beautiful“ it is then I can just go on amazon and read the reviews. Maybe she‘s different over there but whenever she talks about books in her videos I never got the impression that she had much to say...

Reactions: 1
Hopefully this does not go against the rules but the deleted post talked about some personal information.

Honestly I never understood why people would join her bookclub. If all I want to hear about a book is how „beautiful“ it is then I can just go on amazon and read the reviews. Maybe she‘s different over there but whenever she talks about books in her videos I never got the impression that she had much to say...
Ah ok I assumed it’s about her surname. I just saw that post is still up.

Actually she’s barely on the book club group. She’ll make the vote for which books to read then does a livestream at the end of the month. Which is all fine. It’s just the amount of posts from other people promoting their book instagrams etc just floods it. There’s moderators but no one keeps the group ordered so I always miss what the new books are and her live-streams just get buried.

This first outfit looks so nice on her! Still fits her style but looks like something any normal 20 year old would wear

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Its a cute outfit, i know she built a name on a certain look but shes young, style evolves, keep the Victorian elements but a base that fits well and is age appropriate

Reactions: 6
Yeah that first outfit is great! Not a fan of the hairstyle with it, but that outfit is exactly what you would expect from a 20 year old, not the pinafore outfits that you get if you swipe through the photos.

Honestly I cringed so much with the weird acting on her stories and her inside out, backwards top. Her 'oh dear' and continuing to wear it back to front... I had to show my boyfriend and he cringed just as much 🤣
But I really like the first outfit! She actually looks like a 20 year old

I didn't recognise her at first! She looks stunning! I'm all for vintage fashion but I don't think it really suits her. In my opinion though!

Reactions: 5
This is probably a niche problem but I'm Ruby's age (just finished 2nd yr) at Exeter and it annoys me so much when she does sponsored content for the university. I do (actually) like the uni, but I have criticisms of it too, and I don't think it's fair that all she ever does is talk glowingly about it. Also,it annoys me that's she's our exemplar student... I'm embarrassed that people think that's what Exeter students are like (we're normal lol I promise)

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I'll be honest, I never went to uni so just wanted to ask.

Is Ruby doing extra or is that the normal amount of uni work you're assigned?

It just seems like she's always working on her uni stuff but don't know if it's the normal amount or she's asked for extra work to do?

Hope this makes sense!

I'll be honest, I never went to uni so just wanted to ask.

Is Ruby doing extra or is that the normal amount of uni work you're assigned?

It just seems like she's always working on her uni stuff but don't know if it's the normal amount or she's asked for extra work to do?

Hope this makes sense!
She makes extra work for herself. I admittedly didn't go to Exeter, but I've just graduated from my undergraduate degree at another Russell Group uni and whilst it is a lot of work, it's quite easily managed and I had tonnes of time to do extracurriculars and have a social life. I think she's just determined to keep up this facade that she studies all day every day so she makes it sound like she's sooooo busy studying all the time.

Reactions: 12
She makes extra work for herself. I admittedly didn't go to Exeter, but I've just graduated from my undergraduate degree at another Russell Group uni and whilst it is a lot of work, it's quite easily managed and I had tonnes of time to do extracurriculars and have a social life. I think she's just determined to keep up this facade that she studies all day every day so she makes it sound like she's sooooo busy studying all the time.
I think Lydia Violetta gives a much more realistic picture of student life.

Reactions: 7
Thanks for the clarity 😊

I like ruby but I don't understand the obsession with constantly studying.

You worry how she'll be when she leaves education. We all saw how the rejection from Oxford effected her greatly for a long time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.