Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you guys this about the caption on her post on Instagram? I found it so ironic. This is exactly what we talk about here. She works so hard and such long hours daily, but can’t make a dent in any of her work because she doesn’t know how to be efficient. Like at all. Whenever I watch her videos, I feel like she does such useless stuff: re-reading the same texts 20 times over, rewriting drafts a million times, going over the set word limit by thousands of words...She’s wasting her own time and doesn’t even realize it. All the hours of unnecessary research she does aren’t even reflected in her vocabulary or general knowledge. You’d think that someone who studies for 12 hours a day for years and years would be noticeably more intellectual than their peers, but she just seems like an average girl?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I really think she takes too much time organising what she’s going to do, making lists and diary entries.

it makes her feel productive but she’s taking too much time not actually doing proper work so she falls behind on everything

Reactions: 8
As I was once told, work smart not hard. Ruby seems to faff a lot with her her time, rather than writing what needs doing she just micromanages her time and when you schedule too much in, it’s not effective or efficient

Reactions: 10
What do you guys this about the caption on her post on Instagram? I found it so ironic. This is exactly what we talk about here. She works so hard and such long hours daily, but can’t make a dent in any of her work because she doesn’t know how to be efficient. Like at all. Whenever I watch her videos, I feel like she does such useless stuff: re-reading the same texts 20 times over, rewriting drafts a million times, going over the set word limit by thousands of words...She’s wasting her own time and doesn’t even realize it. All the hours of unnecessary research she does aren’t even reflected in her vocabulary or general knowledge. You’d think that someone who studies for 12 hours a day for years and years would be noticeably more intellectual than their peers, but she just seems like an average girl?
I think you can see this affected her A Levels because she did all the study me videos but you could tell from her results video that she was really surprised she didn’t get the full sweep of A*s. I had a friend at school who always worked hard rather than smartly and was always stressing and burning herself out, and she didn’t quite get what she wanted when a lot of us got good grades with a lot less time investment. I think Ruby could do with looking at how other people study, and try a different tactic and focus on getting tasks done efficiently.

Reactions: 7
I think you can see this affected her A Levels because she did all the study me videos but you could tell from her results video that she was really surprised she didn’t get the full sweep of A*s. I had a friend at school who always worked hard rather than smartly and was always stressing and burning herself out, and she didn’t quite get what she wanted when a lot of us got good grades with a lot less time investment. I think Ruby could do with looking at how other people study, and try a different tactic and focus on getting tasks done efficiently.
She needs to stop making to-do lists and rewriting notes several times. Literally I understand people who like making their notes pretty ( and admire it) but its not very efficient/practical for studying because your brain power is split between learning new info and focusing on keeping things organized/aesthetic/etc, at least I know I would get caught up with making my notes pretty and not absorb as much actual info.

Literally I just made messy notes and studied them. I certainly didn't rewrite them.

Reactions: 6
She needs to stop making to-do lists and rewriting notes several times. Literally I understand people who like making their notes pretty ( and admire it) but its not very efficient/practical for studying because your brain power is split between learning new info and focusing on keeping things organized/aesthetic/etc, at least I know I would get caught up with making my notes pretty and not absorb as much actual info.

Literally I just made messy notes and studied them. I certainly didn't rewrite them.
Yeah, I could understand rewriting notes if it was the whole condensing them down thing, but I think Ruby is fully just doing it for the aesthetic and I do not understand

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I could understand rewriting notes if it was the whole condensing them down thing, but I think Ruby is fully just doing it for the aesthetic and I do not understand
yes! like i would take notes from the whole term or half term and condense them down and just use those. i think she likes the dark academia aspect of rewriting notes but its honestly so impractical.

Reactions: 3

I’m quite like Ruby that I like my notes to look nice but I usually have messy class notes and then write up neater notes. But I wouldn’t keep re-writing the same notes in different ways like Ruby does

• Heart
I’m quite like Ruby that I like my notes to look nice but I usually have messy class notes and then write up neater notes. But I wouldn’t keep re-writing the same notes in different ways like Ruby does
And lighting different candles at 10am for aesthetic reasons. It's more like a study ritual rather than actually studying.

Think the biggest problem is that she’s filming herself studying so obviously she wants
everything to look nice

Reactions: 2
at this point, her daily to do list can be like:
- pull out chair
- sit on chair
- take out pens
- light candle
- open notebook
etc etc etc
Does anyone else think she has such detailed to do lists every day so that she can seem productive because she gets to tick lots of things off? It wouldn’t surprise me if she starts to add stuff like that to her lists!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I even got to the point where I found rewriting messy class notes too time consuming and started writing them on my laptop/iPad.
She’s stuck in the A-level type of studying where content is the most important thing

I personally feel that I remember content better if I’ve spent time making a pretty poster (lol) but I only do this if I have the time. If Ruby enjoys rewriting notes I think it’s fine but if she’s creating a load of extra work for herself when she’s got a lot to do anyway then it’s inevitable that she’s going to struggle with her workload. As Ruby is a perfectionist, I think she might find it difficult to skip those ‘optional’ tasks... Particularly at university, you need to prioritise what work you actually NEED to do as opposed to optional extra reading etc. if you don’t have time to do it all!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.