Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else couldn’t really tell which Ruby was who in her latest video at the beginning? 😅 It’s a bit shocking how little she has changed ...

Reactions: 3
Most of her Miss Patina clothes look nice but they seem a little bit ill fitted

Sorry I cannot stand her she’s so over the top pretending like she’s walked out of Little Women or something. Why does everything have to be perfect and sweet she’s so sickly. I find her very very strange. Feel sorry for her sister, she’s clearly rebelling against some weird upbringing they’ve had

Reactions: 12
I think Ruby is harmless but I do worry that she lets academia define her.

Said it before, I don't think it's good that she's cooped up in her room all the time, studying.

She really needs other hobbies. I'm glad she's appearing a lot more sociable since she transferred courses.

Ruby reminds me a lot of my cousin. She's spent much of life being an academic but has zero social skills or other interests.

I don't think her upbringing is "weird" though. Her family seems nice. I said it before but Martha is only young, I'm sure she's just trying to establish who she is.

Must be hard having a sister who is obsessed with perfectionism, grades and academics. She may feel inadequate (obviously she shouldn't though as grades only mean so much)

Reactions: 10
I think the recent sprain was just her twisting her ankle and some short term discomfort, if she can walk fine not too long after.

Reactions: 2
And now she’s walking around fine in her stories?? Girl seriously needs to learn the difference between soreness after exercise and an actual sprain.
Yesterday she was using crutches in her Instagram story which to me seemed a bit odd. In the UK, from my experience, as soon as you have stopped using NHS supplied products (crutches, wheelchairs etc.) you’re meant to send them back. Obviously due to COVID-19 this may have changed but it either means she went private (nothing wrong with that!) or her family have bought a pair of crutches which are just waiting to be used (which seems a bit strange). Maybe I’m reading into it too much?

However, to go from being on crutches one day to walking fine the next is very strange.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yesterday she was using crutches in her Instagram story which to me seemed a bit odd. In the UK, from my experience, as soon as you have stopped using NHS supplied products (crutches, wheelchairs etc.) you’re meant to send them back. Obviously due to COVID-19 this may have changed but it either means she went private (nothing wrong with that!) or her family have bought a pair of crutches which are just waiting to be used (which seems a bit strange). Maybe I’m reading into it too much?

However, to go from being on crutches one day to walking fine the next is very strange.
Yeah I picked up on the crutches thing, she was using them when she hurt her ankle the other month and I think she went private then because she was going to get seen quicker. Pretty sure the barcode/hospital stickers were on those crutches in her story yesterday so I don't think she owns them BUT I thought you had to return private equipment as soon as you stopped needing them too?

Reactions: 4
Y'all, I never usually comment on these threads but I just need to share something. Does it seem like Ruby has been developing signs of an ED? The girl barely eats. In every video I have seen of her, she eats so little (a frozen banana for breakfast????) and I'm actually concerned for her in case she just doesn't realise it. She also always seems to be injuring herself ir getting ill.

Am I just reading too much into this?

Reactions: 7
And she's released an academic planner, how original 😂🙄
I just had a look at her Instagram, those rings in the bind are huge? How is that in anyway practical? Maybe times I have changed but I used to take mine everywhere at uni so I couldn’t forget anything, that would just get in the way in your bag?

Loved the part in her new vid where she's sitting with her foot on the table next to all the food 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I came across her a few weeks ago and Instantly thought she seemed to twee, I couldn’t believe she is 20! She’s definitely very privileged and I don’t think she recognises how much so, the sprained ankle and immediate crutches was overly dramatic. I’ve read that her book is basically about her and being bullied? Don’t know I haven’t read it.. her academic planner seems quite basic, and is fulfilled by a company anyway.. isn’t that just putting her name on something? Although fair enough for her having a side hustle.

lastly, I don’t agree with her promoting her uni at all; the uni is more at fault for this but I think she should’ve considered it on a moral standpoint.

Reactions: 11
Does it seem like Ruby has been developing signs of an ED?
hopefully we’re both reading into this too much but I’m afraid she might be, she even said she was reading a book about bulimia in one of her latest “readathons” or whatever, so maybe some of the ideas and words in the book impacted her??

The ED discussion comes up a lot, and I wouldn't want to diagnose but I think with Ruby it's much more about eating perfectly and doing the right amount of exercise in an "obeying the rules" kind of way more than an obsession with how she looks? I don't know, but I think that if her eating is disordered it's more in line with orthorexia than anything else. That said, she was really into that book the Fasting Girls. Again, not for me or any viewer really to say outright what her behaviour around food aligns with but that's my take given the rest of her personality and habits.

I feel like she's kind of proud to still fit into clothes she wore at 11. I feel like that's worrying? There's no way I'd fit into clothes I wore at that age because I've grown and put weight on.

Reactions: 8
The ED discussion comes up a lot, and I wouldn't want to diagnose but I think with Ruby it's much more about eating perfectly and doing the right amount of exercise in an "obeying the rules" kind of way more than an obsession with how she looks? I don't know, but I think that if her eating is disordered it's more in line with orthorexia than anything else. That said, she was really into that book the Fasting Girls. Again, not for me or any viewer really to say outright what her behaviour around food aligns with but that's my take given the rest of her personality and habits.
I'm concerned. But she's a grown woman (in spite of what her channel might lead you to believe). Just hope she's alright to be honest.

Reactions: 4
I feel like she's kind of proud to still fit into clothes she wore at 11. I feel like that's worrying? There's no way I'd fit into clothes I wore at that age because I've grown and put weight on.
I don't think it's that worrying. Ruby's quite short (as seen in this pic lol) she looks like she's 5'2 at most. Most short girls can fit into kid clothes, in terms of sizing clothes that fit 11/12 years = size 6/8 (obvs if you're taller then you wouldn't be able to fit in kids clothes even if you were size 6/8) . I think it's more concerning that she still wants to wear clothes from when she was 11 years old lol. Her wearing kids clothes is much more to do with her peter pan syndrome than an ed.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.