Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChocolateCakeYum

Chatty Member
The thing is Ruby likes writing in her books because for Christmas last year she decided to write in a book that she was giving to Blakeney and she is also well known for ruining books. An example of this was that she had this book and then decided to paint over the front cover because she didn't like it and this is how it ended up.
View attachment 2886106 View attachment 2886115
Well yeah she's an idiot but my point is that the people in those reviews aren't far off.

And she might very well ruin her Folio Society version by scribbling in it but that doesn't make the edition a bad one.

Reactions: 3

yeya

I love how her pretentiousness *almost* passes for something genuine, but then you’re hit with ”Nabakov” and realise it’s probably just another Goodreads quote she saw and decided to run with because it fits whatever flimsy narrative she’s trying to build.

Let’s all take a moment to reflackt on Roobee’s 8 months’ worth of lift selfies and running from coffee shop to loibry to coffee shop and how that apparently counts as stoddying for her, and shed a tear or two of premonitory loss.

View attachment 2957045
Sorry, I’ve just looked up the quote and seen that it’s about sleep but I really thought it was about TW
su*cide
…. What a bleak quote. Very unusual choice.

lalala2233

Are Best Western considered a good hotel in the UK? The hotel where she stayed with Blakney is pretty but it belongs to this chain. Here in the state they are usually pretty crappy so I was just wondering ...

FolderDuvet

Sure, if you're dressing vintage as in dressing for a specific period of history, yes you need to do your hair and makeup, otherwise it looks like you're wearing half a costume (especially if a formal "outdoors" outfit is worn. Equivalent informal wear like house dresses and aprons don't so much have the problem). But if you're dressing vintage as in "old fashioned" as Ruby used to love to call it you don't have to put in half as much effort.

The reason Ruby looks so juvenile in much of her old fashioned outfits are her details. She wears her hair down or only half up the vast majority of the time. It makes her look childish. She would look far more like an adult looking to get business done with her hair up (a bun, or french twist perhaps). She insists upon childish shoes and ankle socks. She often wears modern long sleeve knit t-shirts with older fashioned elements which gives toddler.

Her berets I think typify this.
To add to this: her shoes are very chunky as well as being in a child like style. Makes her feet look a lot larger than they are, which adds to that juvenile look.

Corneilya

I had better get my preorders in for those! Rambling "poetry" that tries to be quirky but falls woefully short, regression into childhood with a sprinkle of bullying because "I'm not like other girls, I'm smart! Everyone hates me!", and whatever drivel Jack will be writing... surely worth the read. I can't wait!

In seriousness though, I still can't understand Ruby seeming to prioritise this "daybeu" novel over her dissertation. Is she really stumbling through it that badly? I guess so. Not the best look for Miss "acadaymia". I wonder when she'll post or when a sponsor will pay for a new video.
She prioritise her novel because she knows she risks to fail this time. Eh, she never was so threatened in her teacher's pet/star student role before, she finally realized she wasn't the chosen one. That should hurt after a life trying to be Hermione.

bhendy

In her IG story where she’s recording herself donating to charity (so she can’t be accused of not doing it 🤣) she has a tab open for an Oxford DPhil 👀. I’m not sure what the deadlines are like for PhD but surely she would know by now if she’s going…? So what do we think? Has she already got an offer from Oxford? Is she taking a gap yaahr and applying for 2025/2026? I feel like if she had a PhD offer from somewhere else she wouldn’t be looking at the Oxford one.

View attachment 2935304
I'm a bit behind so this might have been answered, but those e:vision tabs are the Oxford applicant portal!

soph30

VIP Member
It's been that way since finishing Exeter. I personally suspect Blakeney is still bitter that Ruby practically abandoned her in that cottage during their final year for no good reason. Blakeney seems like a pretty sociable person. I doubt getting left behind all alone in a house, miles away from campus and the rest of her friends, not to mention being stuck solely with the bills because her richer roommate could has skittered away home to cosplay a prepetual 12 year old was part of her university plans.
Elaborate? Ruby just stopped hanging out with her? :)

Reactions: 2

Griftwood

VIP Member
Thats kind of disappointing. I really love raw mushrooms (and to date, they've not done anything in my digestive tract!) I don't eat them for ED reasons, I just think the texture of raw mushrooms is really neat.
lol I’ll admit I may be biased due to my trehalose intolerance 😂 along with suddenly becoming allergic to my favourite vegetable (aubergine) a few years ago, it’s one of the great food-related tragedies of my life, I really love mushrooms 🥺

you get a pass, but Roobee doesn’t 😑

• Wow

Corneilya

The least she could do is not show her toe sticking out of her ripped stocking, but even that's too much of an effort and thought and common sense, I guess.
View attachment 2842204

And that comment :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
People tell others collecting pictures of random series and cartoon then pasting it on a premade template that they are "soooo talented" almost everyday on Instagram while ignoring most fanarts taking hours to make from the blank canva. So... I'm not surprised. Not even disappointed, coming from her fanbase, it's something you can expect.
---
Thanks for the new thread. Here's a link to Ruby's latest video:

I spent like 30 seconds wondering ''who's that?'' Hilary Tahrm? Never heard of her. :LOL:
I decided to take a break from the Granger world as she, for one time, took the good decision to focus on something else than rushed videos only here for a sponsor and... She came back with a bland video, similar to the others, made because of a sponsor.

Sigh.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
Didn't she just say she wasn't doing anything and just staying home over the Easter break? Can she not ever tell the truth anymore? She has woven so many lies that she keeps getting caught in her own web!
I'm wondering if she went to Paris last weekend hence the reason as to why she said "posting these photos now that i'm back". But the timeline of her going to Paris still doesn't add up because on Thursday she arrived in Oxford and on the Friday she posted a video of herself at Oxford unboxing the Doctor Faustus 1993 folio society edition by Christoper Marlowe, so when exactly did she go to Paris as it doesn't come across as if she went a few days ago as the timelines do not match up to what she has been doing as she spent the first 2 weeks of half term at Oxford working on her essays that she had due in and recording videos with authors for the Oxford Literary Festival, then she spend the next 2 weeks at home during with time she went to the Royal Opera House to see Swan Lake, walked around London to find Holly Jackson to celebrate the release of her new book, then the week after she went to Exeter with Blakeney for the gifted trip and lastly this week she arrived back in Oxford for Trinity Term. Therefore I'm guessing that she went to Paris earlier on in the week as it would have been the only time which would have been feasibly possible before she went back to Oxford on Thursday.

crowleyskeeper1

What I never understood was why she didn't do a 'study with me' at all at Oxford. I remember she used to always do those videos where she props up the camera for an extended amount of time and would get tons of views just by posting them. I don't get why she wouldn't just sit there and prop the camera up and study (or at least pretend to). It's literally the easiest, most low-effort content possible.
That would require Ruby to actually study and be interested in her course. We've already called her out several times for copying down things and claiming that she's studying and I highly suspect that Ruby reads her tattle threads.

• Heart

friendlyfire

I would love to hear about her dissertation and the research she's doing! Might actually make me watch one of her videos. It doesn't even have to be directly whats on the dissertation if she's worried about... something(?). Hearing people talk about their research is great, when someone is so passionate and knowledgeable about their particular topic
I would love this! Is there anyone one YouTube who does this and anyone can recommend? Not necessarily dissertation related. I found Dr Jean Menzies to be close, I love hearing about the research for her book

Corneilya

Has she ever said in the last year that’s she actually been happy at Oxford? Seems strange it’s just feels like a tick box for her
Yeah but if I remember well, it was like in the first video of her moving.
---
We're already insulting Lewis Carroll with this middle school lame video project. Why not a youtuber? 😂
Besides, blueberries aside, blue food is hardly appealing. You know what they say, Blue food, blue turd. The proof is in the pudding!
Eeeeeh at least he's not alive, he can't be disappointed.
---
The outfit...I'm speechless
View attachment 2882701
Jesus christ she looks insane! Imagine being stuck with her in that elevator...

Last edited: