Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soph30

VIP Member
Ruby interestingly doesn’t seem the type to be stimulated by coffee shop noise- she seems more introverted. Surprised she likes working in coffee places- guess she’s trying to make it part of her personality :)

Reactions: 1
So I

I don’t know about Oxford in particular and haven’t used this service myself, but at the universities I’ve studied, MA students and up could book a limited number of meetings with librarians to have some kind of consultation about finding sources for larger research projects. It never made sense for me, since everything I worked with was pretty thoroughly digitized, but friends who did more historical subjects did use these consultations. Librarians at academic institutions are amazing at their jobs, and I’d assume libraries at Oxford would invest in that kind of expertise as a resource.

Doesn’t have to be the explanation here, but doesn’t seem impossible either.
Awesome thank you. What a great resource to have at MA and up. I work in libraries but not Academia so only search what special collections we have upon request. I'd imagine Oxford has lots of materials that will never be digitized and aren't catalogued either.

camotea

Chatty Member
I doubt she’s actually well connected. Her dad has made some money and hid it away in the Virgin Islands, but it’s new money and they’re a family of wannabes at best. She may be able to fake her way into an entry-level publishing job but she’ll bail out at the first chance she gets because she’s neither interested in actually working, nor is she particularly intelligent.
Well, you're not wrong but didn't she get a position of some kind at a museum (?) and get loads of access to things that ordinary volunteers don't get? Soz, can't remember that actual place it was 🫣

Corneilya

Have they not referred to their cleaner in the past? Cleaners can only do so much if they're not in every day though. My boyfriend had one for a time and the place still managed to go to rack and ruin during the week (I diagnose him with owning too many dishes and too many clothes, owning too much stuff means you aren't as on with keeping it clean). Difference with him though is he didn't post it online and harp on about being a germaphobe.

Weird class things about having a cleaner in this country, I think. I often surprise people by being fairly left leaning but being generally positive on the topic of hiring cleaners. I presume Ruby keeps it on the DL because it would harm her relatability, or what little of it she has left. She never refers to her scout (person who does some cleaning of college accomodation but is mainly there to check the place isn't going to ruin).
I don't recall anything about a cleaner in their videos and blogs tbh, the only person who mentionned having to clean something was Ruby and seeing the final result...
When I though about hiring a pro, I was thinking also for organizing their mess of a house. Even if we take one single part, their bookcase ( not the ones in Ruby's room, the one in the other room), the books are put here but you wonder how they can't simply do it properly. Maybe if their stuff was properly stored, the house would be less horrible.
---
I'm just personally amazed at how many times Clarice has been caught on camera scolding Marfa. Because it's not like Ruby posts hours upon hours of footage from her day to day life, it's at most 30 second snippets sliced together to make a video. Which leads me to believe that Ruby used to actively select these sections of the video to post. So I don't actually know if Claire is actually horrible to Marfa or if Rooble's just gets some sick, sadistic pleasure from publically displaying her sister getting into trouble.
I'd say a bit of both.

bookworm39

New vlog is up! Gifted trip to AXATAR with Basst Frand Baloney, horrible sound quality and sweet pastries for every meal, not to mention ”lyrical” scripted voiceovers that you can barely hear half the time.
Will have to watch later. Can't wait... 🤣

Officedoor123

VIP Member
I'm guessing Ruby's really long unkempt hair is to make her head and body look small in comparison? It's revolting, never looks clean and needs a good cut.

Corneilya

Personally I don't think Blakeney and Ruby are a couple and that people may wish they were or are reading into things that just don't exist. Lots of people share beds when travelling and it doesn't mean a thing. Married or non-married, I've slept next to other women and that is it. We chat, we fall asleep. Nothing going on. Maybe it saves on money, maybe we are at a home or on retreat and chose to share for convenience sake, or there simply isn't a choice in the matter. Simple as that. I believe Ruby admires Blakeney, is attached to her to some degree, is amazed to have a friend, but I also think Blakeney, while being a kind and patient person, only feels friendship with Ruby and isn't calling out on the top of her lungs that Ruby is her favourite person or her best friend. She may very well not be, and as Blakeney makes friends throughout her life, possibly marries, has inlaws, co-workers, neighbours, etc., she will find better and more mature friends than Ruby. Ruby has a tremendous amount of maturing to do. I don't think sex even passes through her head, let alone casual dating. More than likely she sees it as a fun way to pretend she is a kid having a sleepover, like Anne Shirley and Diana Barry in Anne of Green Gables, who also shared a bed, or how she used to have sleepovers with her cousins a few times a year. She doesn't seem to know who or what she is or will be, so I think a lot of people are imagining things for the sake of creating more curious content.
In many cases, people share beds with family too. And don't sing Sweet home Alabama about it.

But I understand why this subject tend to be addressed now, her content is so poor that there's not a lot to comment out of that.

timemoveson

Chatty Member
Why is she wearing two cardigans 🤣🤣🤣🤣 she can’t possibly think this looks good. It’s so awful and frumpy. None of the colours are flattering for her skin tone either. And for the love of god this girl needs a haircut 😭😭 so sick of her low ponies, turd buns
View attachment 2961534
Her heart is so cold that she needs two cardigans to keep the top of her warm

I think it depends on what research is being done.
Some texts are not kept on site and have to be obtained from offsite storage.
A text from C17 may require supervision. White gloves and book cushion etc
Thank you, I imagine it would've been supervised too. It was the phraseology that the librarian had found something she might be interested in that I picked up on. It implied the Librarian knows her area of research and either happened across a book he knew she would be interested in or was actively searching on her behalf.

Freyjalace

Hungarian? :')

I think for ages growing up she was told she was something and maybe even saw Martha told off for not being that ideal, and avoiding all those comments she ended up building up a persona that is everything but not her if that makes even sense. Sad, really :/
Haha, yes 😁

crowleyskeeper1

THAT.
I never understood the trend of 'studying' in coffeeshops, known as busy and noisy, where you can easily ruin your computer or books by spilling your drink. There's libraries, and free wifi on the campus if people want to study elswhere than their own room, which I can understand. And for the other customers who actually want to eat and drink in the coffeeshop when all the students are here, it's litteraly impossible. I remember the starbucks near my work place, it was just impossible. And most of the time they weren't eating, drinking or even studying, they were just here, chatting.

Just like the jeans, she used to wear jeans almost all the time, then suddenly Miss Patina offers her clothes and just at this moment "I never liked jeans." Yeah ok Ruby, were you forced by mother granger to wear it?
Or the coffee when she tried to look like a writer and just by magic suddenly loved drinking coffee, while she never did it before. Is there even something authentic about this girl?
And the worst is that the message itself ( not the one about the jeans) could be good, it's true that you don't need a degree to be a productive member of society. But claimed by a person who based her entire persona on studying and getting A+ grades? Lol. Just said that you're failing at something, it's ok, it happened to everyone.

At my university there is a starbucks in all of the main study places including the library. I go to a very large university where even in the "quiet" parts of the library it can still get kind of loud. I have adhd though and I find it easier to stay on task when other people are watching me even if it's strangers

Poguely

You mean her phone/camera slipping on whatever she's placed it on?

I don't know. It seems completely bizarre that someone would go to these lengths to hide they were on holiday with someone else. It just seems like such an odd and inexplicable thing to do, I don't see why anyone would. Thinking about the lengths she would have to be going to in order to hide it makes me think you're the one with the screw loose here.
Cameras don't steadily slip sideways to keep you in direct focus.