Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Griftwood

VIP Member
Please don’t do what so many people do nowadays and edit out all of the gaps between sentences. Ruby does it sometimes and it’s one of those things that drives me insane and it genuinely makes me incredibly anxious whenever I hear it.
omg definitely not! I shortened some unnaturally long pauses between words (where I was thinking) but I know what you mean and I can’t stand it either!

Reactions: 3

slamvs27

VIP Member
I wonder if she'll even get her Master's degree, assuming she is struggling with the diss. If she doesn't, will she

a) Lie and say she did, then brush it under the rug and never mention Oxford again?
b) Release a 30 min long video explaining why "failure is productive"?
c) Drop off the face off the Internet?

yeya

Telling off on my age here but with most group projects I got stuck with we either sat on Zoom or rented a timeslot for a study room on campus
---
it’s 3 in the morning and my genuine reaction to this series of images of ruby in stratford upon avon was “what the fuck is going on” View attachment 3005022View attachment 3005024
If that’s Ruby’s why has she written her name is Holly, and if it isn’t why on earth has she posted that on her story? Surely it isn’t hers because it looks like a 10 year old did it. Absolutely bizarre to post that on her story after showing her using the quill, i.e. the obvious implication being that it’s hers.

Also her fingers, wrists and arms look very puffy. Is that fluid retention or something?

Open-door

Could it have been an April Fool's effort that she put up late? It is bewilderingly odd. I did feel she had been reading too much Lewis Carroll.

hart301

That's incredibly niche knowledge! You're not a trainspotter, are you? 🤣🤣🤣
This is so funny to me (as a trainspotter) because I was telling one of my friends that Ruby would probably be good at it with all the borderline useless knowledge she likes to retain. :ROFLMAO: I wonder how she would feel if she found out if GWR Olton Hall (the Hogwarts Express) isn't actually a Castle class like the movies say it is?

• Heart
  • Haha

Corneilya

I used to go to coffee shops when I had group projects, because you can't really talk to each other and collaborate in libraries.
None of you guys organized your group work sessions in your own flats? Like it was common for us to do that, that way everyone bring something to snack and during the weekend it was also an occasion to share a homemade lunch together, even cooking it together.

Ruby mentioned before that Blakeney is also studying for a Masters. I think she may be doing this at Exeter. She is mentioned here https://www.exeter.ac.uk/research/institutes/sci/research/affiliatedprojects/pandemicpreparedness/ as a Research Assistant on this recent project.

I enjoyed this blog, Ruby came across as genuinely happy.

Edit: I had a nose around and Blakeney organised a children's book festival last year. She seems very hardworking and passionate about promoting the creative arts.
Quoting myself because I can't find the edit button but it looks like Blakeney may actually be at Cambridge doing a course Ruby would like! https://pearcelecture.com/joseph-coelho-creativity-through-poetry/

pinkmug

VIP Member
This is so annoying. You're allowed to change your mind about things! No one is going to call her out for being a fake fan of skirts because she used to wear jeans. You can discover a new interest without retconning that you've actually been obsessed with it since you were 4.
THIS. Anything Ruby clutches on to somehow has to become a part of her identity since she was able to speak. At this point she has more lies than thoughts in her head.

Dying at 'fake fan of skirts' 😂💀

Corneilya

I always get the impression that she isn't able to settle down in one place anymore, like she did when she was a kid, and concentrate on studying for a long period of time. She is too worried about taking pictures, getting selfies, moving around from library to cafe, back to library, too concerned about social media content. She never seemed to have settled well in her room at Oxford for long. I think the days of devoted concentration left her years ago, especially as the work material became more intellectually challenging and dense. In a nutshell, she is not the amazing student she always defined herself as, and it is showing. She probably spends far too much time gazing out the window, checking her iPhone, looking up answers on the internet and finding ways to get an easy information for her thesis. Then she goes off and add more depressing pictures to her Pinterest account.
It's the varnish cracking like never before. At this point, people should realise that she was lying all the time when the pretended to like this extreme study life and kept saying that spending time on social medias was bad. She's addicted to social medias, it's the place she can shine easily just by fooling idiots seeking for a rolemodel they could find IRL if they weren't with a smartphone in the hand every five minute.
---
I love how her pretentiousness *almost* passes for something genuine, but then you’re hit with ”Nabakov” and realise it’s probably just another Goodreads quote she saw and decided to run with because it fits whatever flimsy narrative she’s trying to build.

Let’s all take a moment to reflackt on Roobee’s 8 months’ worth of lift selfies and running from coffee shop to loibry to coffee shop and how that apparently counts as stoddying for her, and shed a tear or two of premonitory loss.

View attachment 2957045
Except for the disgusting nail polish, she could almost look like a normal 13 years old from any vintage ghost story on this picture.

bknd32

Only catching up now and the post it thing is sending me over the edge. She doesn’t have a creative bone in her body. Whyyy did she pick the tiniest post its 😂 it just makes the whole thing feel even more boring.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
I thought the paintings she wanted to see (over Easter break, isn’t that what she was planning?) were in Paris. France better pony up with a sponsorship if they want Roobevelt to grace them with her presence.
The paintings that she wanted to see are indeed in Paris and she was definitely planning to go over Easter as she spoke about it a couple of months ago, but it doesn't look like she's going now especially when Trinity term starts next Sunday. In fact has she done anything this half term apart from going to Exeter for a gifted trip and spending one night in Oxford it doesn't seem like it.

otravlen

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but do we know when she'll get her grade(s) back?

Tookster

Chatty Member
I think she edits (some of?) Ruby’s videos as well as running the pumpkin productivity Instagram, both of which I assume Ruby pays her for. Maybe she does some other freelance editing/creative stuff. Also wouldn’t surprise if me she had a real part time job like retail or hospitality or something but no idea.
God, I hope she doesn’t use Ruby’s videos as examples of her editing work 😂

crowleyskeeper1

I could personally see her having a stab at teaching, but I can't think she would be very good at it, or it very good for her. Especially with the profession in the state it is. Though, that's in the state sector. She could teach in the private sector (they love people with Oxbridge degrees).

This isn't a jab at her either. Ruby reminds me of myself a couple years ago before I started working full time, and I was glad I didn't go for teaching then. I've developed so much in just having employment and paying bills and stuff. I made the decision because almost all the best teachers I had were career changers.

She could, in theory, go on to work in the university. I know someone who did that after his degree, went on to work in the offices of a college. It would enable her to live her dark macadamia dreams for a while longer. It's not the best paid work, but you're in and around Oxford.
She already did have a stab at teaching. It was part-time, and I doubt she did more than hand out and collect materials, but I can see her going back just to have something to do.
---
i dont understand how ruby has 800k subs and gets so many sponsorships when her editing is still atrocious at least for the intro mute your clips if you're using loud music. In some parts it's the video audio, music and voice over all playing at once. And after all these years film a damn new outro or dont use one at all 😩
I think if you don't watch Ruby often, her carefree life is like a breath of fresh air. A lot of us have watched her for years and know too much about her real life to fully enjoy it.

Larancia

Ruby addressed the audience at the Oxford Union as well as various other events. I don't think public speaking is something she avoids, so not sure why it would be different here?
I dont know why exactly but i dont think its the same experience