Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

leah99

Yup, the whole video is screwed in about six different ways.

90% of the video is old B-roll footage pulled from other videos. She tried to adjust the speed of existing clips to stretch for time or to spice it up a bit and try to dazzle us with style and some frame-rate speed-ramping:

But you can't just adjust the speed of existing time-lapse footage or fixed frame rate footage like that without it looking completely fucked. It needs to be shot at a high frame rate otherwise there's nothing to fill in the blanks when you slow it down and it looks stuttery, glitchy and awful.

For the desk sit-down footage, it looks like she also dumped in footage that didn't match the overall frame rate of the exported video, so there's skipped frames and it all looks juddery.

I get the sneaking suspicion that Martha edited this. It's just as incompetent as Ruby's usual abysmal editing but in a distinctly different way. Whoever did it, there's no excuse for Ruby never giving any slapdash shitshow of a video a second glance and just uploading it without hesitation.
this makes a lot of sense, I thought it might have just been me going giddy again 😂 this, her Paris vlog, it's definitely dizzying!!

Reactions: 1

friendlyfire

Is this charity stream available anywhere to laugh at watch? I didn't see her post about it on YT or IG so what's the point of trying to do something for charity if there's no promotion? Hmm it's almost like she doesn't want to help at all

Binx

VIP Member
Who cares what Martha is does? She keeps herself to herself. What she's not doing is maliciously selling a lie to her young audience to stroke her own ego and line her own pockets. She's not cosplaying as child genius who sacrifices her entire life to studying and academic achievement, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and sometimes longer. She's not selling an unattainable image that not even she can ever hope to live up to. She' not preoccupied daydreaming about being an 11 year old girl in her childhood bedroom. She ain't stealing charity money to buy herself overpriced Miss Patina dresses.

Most likely Marfa is doing absoloutely nothing productive with her life. It seems like she is perfectly content to waste all her time on her shitty little creative projects, get drunk with her friends every other night, and spend her parents money whenever and wherever she can. If that's what makes her happy, good for her. The problem with Ruby is not that she's a waste of space. TBH, I wish I could be a waste of space and never work a day in my life, too. The problem with Ruby is the pathological lying, the snobbishness, and the judgemental self-righteousness.

And the biggest sin of all, Ruby's not even happy doing it.
ok. thank you.

• Haha

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
Is this charity stream available anywhere to laugh at watch? I didn't see her post about it on YT or IG so what's the point of trying to do something for charity if there's no promotion? Hmm it's almost like she doesn't want to help at all
It appeared on my recommended watch list so it's definitely out there!!

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I dont think she is actually confident enough to adress bunch of strangers in real life.
Ruby addressed the audience at the Oxford Union as well as various other events. I don't think public speaking is something she avoids, so not sure why it would be different here?

Hannahebee

VIP Member
She filmed the video almost two months ago, my theory is she was waiting for a suitable sponsor to come through but as that didn’t happen, she was forced to just shill her own stuff (undeclared, of course).
What's with her uploading videos that have been filmed ages ago? The video from last week was filmed last month and now this one was filmed almost 2 months ago. The thing is with today's video is that I don't remember anyone requesting for it I know people have been asking her for a uni room tour but not an iPad video.

threeSMEGfridges

VIP Member
Cant be arsed to go back and quote a relevant post in the thread, but has anyone mentioned that Ruby and Blakeney were sharing a bed on their trip to that hotel? At 18:11, you can see that the sofa bed is clearly unused, while the regular bed has been slept in on both sides.

I don't think they are necessarily together, but I am just a bit surprised none of the sapphic speculators have mentioned it.

Also, very surprised we have seen almost no mention of the Oxford Bird and Blend store? It's a great little shop, I always visit it when I'm in the city for a cup of tea.
It’s so hard to get twin rooms that my friend and I (both married to men) have shared a bed before and usually ask for an extra duvet so we can have our own side

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
A new video is out 🙌 I'm diving in, the introductory music is mismatched to the scene (eating breakfast outside in the spring...)

Deeandra2020

I’ve had a drinky and it must be hitting me harder than I thought, because none of that video makes any sense whatsoever 🥴 I noticed she felt called to get out some of the expensive gym equipment to prove it’s not all rotted away yet, and nearly broke her neck flopping around on the trampoline like the gormless flounder she is. I screenshotted her poem, here you go:

View attachment 2887440View attachment 2887441

also since I’m here I might as well share that I had a dream last night where Roobee and I were trying to get influencer sponsorships and had to pass tests in order to get the deal - she failed hers miserably, mine was taking care of baby goats and of course I aced it. We then went shopping for a vegan roast to celebrate/commiserate.
is it just me, or the screenshot, but I’m really struggling to read the writing. Is it ruby’s handwriting that’s the problem,? Or is it the picture quality on my phone? I don’t know.

The most interesting part of the latest video for me was where Ruby said that she that she was going to look at a 17th Century children's book that the Librarian of Jesus College had found, and that he thought she would be interested in seeing it.

Is this normal with University Librarians? It wasn't for me when I was at Uni (but I wasn't confident in approaching staff) and I'm doing a distance learning Masters now so definitely isn't possible. Just curious as to whether Librarians normally look out for materials for students, or if this is an example of Ruby talking well with staff (as she did with teachers) and it benefiting her research.

Poguely

Her house really is gorgeous. This moulding on the walls, the massive windows, the high ceilings. It’s such a pity that their sofas look like they came from the local dump. It makes me so sad because the house just looks so dirty, empty and uncared for. It’s like they don’t take pride in it at all. To Ruby’s credit her bedroom is actually decorated quite nicely (except for that horrible blanket she uses as a rug). I mean ‘nice’ is generous but compared to the rest of the house it may as well be in an interior design magazine.

I just can’t get over how sad and empty this room looks 😭 literally looks like they’ve just moved in. I do wonder if Ruby is embarrassed of the state of her house or if she doesn’t realise. She’s always refused to do a house tour but that might be because she doesn’t want to come across as ‘too rich’.
View attachment 2946250View attachment 2946251
The problem is actually quite the opposite. Ruby wants to give the illusion that the house is bigger and grander than it actually is. Her house is an old manor house that has been split up into three separate attached houses. They are pretty standard inside.

Assuming hers is the same as the one next door that we've seen the floor plans to, it's a 4bed, 2bath, kitchen/diner, utility, living room (PaRlOuR) dining room (LiBaRy), with a small box room and attic.
---
Doing a DPhil at Oxford would be a good excuse to keep being able to go home every weekend and every break. Surely that's enough of a reason for Roobs.
Every weekend? Surely you jest. She's said that she only has tutorials one day. She's 100% at home 5 days a week. Bare minimum.

Last edited: