Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hart301

So did Ruby get rejected from the PhD program at Oxford? Do you all think she’s gonna shoot for a PhD or give up?

Reactions: 4

Corneilya

Whatever happened to that mate she had that was also called Ruby? And they were like "twins" Both obsessed with Hermione, etc.

I'm also still baffled she's using 'Granger' Ruby Bones is a much cooler name (one thing I will say I like about her, haha)
I'm pretty sure they end not talking to each other after Exeter year one, she's like the others, she grew up and probably couldn't keep it with Ruby at this point.

Corneilya

... Get her a therapist PLEASE!

This woman is the embodiment of bad cooking and... Geez the twirls are back.

leah99

Is it me or is the frame rate off in the clips of her? Not so much the other footage but the ones with her sitting at her desk

That's what I was wondering it was really odd especially when there was nothing on it to censor. I have to say though I found the whole video very weird as a number of things felt off.
im assuming the price label may have had the name of the shop/garden centre on it so she’s probably just trying to hide where she lives (even though most people know anyway)

Hannahebee

VIP Member
Well yeah she's an idiot but my point is that the people in those reviews aren't far off.

And she might very well ruin her Folio Society version by scribbling in it but that doesn't make the edition a bad one.
I never believe reviews as most of the time they are miles off the mark as I read a book once and the reviews were awful yet I really enjoyed the book. Plus I also love old editions of stuff as I always think they are much better than the newer version.

Reactions: 3

Corneilya

I would also like to add that years and years ago, Ruby, herself, said many people have asked her if she is autistic and she outright said she is not. Also, I don't remember her bouncing off the walls when she was younger and filming videos for her channel. See her early ones. A show off, yes, boaster, brat, yes. But she didn't post herself stretching her smile until her lips look like they will split. She didn't film herself spinning in fields or lying down in her yard in a nightgown as a grown woman, or literally bouncing off the walls because she was with her "favourite person". So, either she lied to us, which I don't think she did, or, as I said, she is just weird!

I have numerous friends who are autistic, various degrees on the spectrum, each one quite different. But none of them feel shame nor deny it. Those who were diagnosed early are very used to it, those who were diagnosed later on were relieved as it explained some of their feelings and behaviour that they themselves were concerned about. In fact, I have found them eager to share it with me, so I understand their boundaries, abilities, and challenges. Many of us, here on this forum, have agreed that if Ruby was on the spectrum and told people, many would be more understanding and supportive of her. It would explain a lot. But she isn't. Her own words.

I firmly believe she picked up these bizarre behaviours from other YouTubers, as most of her actions are (the claw, for example), because she seems at a loss for who she really is, what her own personality is. She is constantly mimicking others, picking up other people's behaviour, copying other people's videos for ideas, etc.. It is childish and one that stems from lack of self-identity. She has spent a lifetime focused so much on pretending and aesthetics from social media, that she hasn't the slightest idea who she is or will be. At this rate she will still be trying on "identities" until she is in her grave. Anne of Green Gables, Coraline, Matilda, A Little Princess, Emily Dickinson, and so on. But never Ruby Bones. Ruby Bones doesn't even exist in her mind. I wonder what she would be like, if she didn't have access to social media? I would imagine she would do as she did as a child. Mimic people in movies. Hermoine Granger. Ruby Granger. There you go. Perfect proof. And now at 24 years she still clings to the Granger name. So does her mother. I see where she gets it from. A pity neither of them can just be content with themselves.
That.

She was just as cringe as every teenager ever, just like we all were and it was normal. In a different way, but when she was copying Hermione or Lisa, some of us were trying to imitate celebrities or other fictional characters so in a certain way, she was just having her own models.

I just reread this and saw how you met your first Jewish person at Uni. This really puts things in perspective for me.

When I was in Elementary, Middle and High School I had friends, from Grade 1, who were Jewish, Italian, Irish, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Indian, Japanese, Cuban, Guatemalan, and from various African countries. We lived in the country. Cities are even more diverse. This was and is the norm.

In the neighbourhood my husband and I live in now we have 2 families from Greece, 2 from mainland China, 1 from Taiwan, Lithuania, 2 Jewish families, one couple with English and Norwegian background, 3 with Irish background, 2 from India, and ourselves. We did have a lovely black family but sadly they ended up divorcing and both left the town, though he occasionally comes back to visit with everyone and seems lonely. I'm French Canadian, Scandinavian and Iroquois, my husband is Irish and English. We are all one happy family. This is why I found it strange that she never had friends of other ethnic groups or people of colour, or indigenous friends. I can't even imagine it that way. Interesting. Thank you all for enlightening me on the situation in the UK.
To add a different perspective, I grew up in suburbs that were 95% white, so it was not exactly a diverse area. I had one Jewish friend and a couple of friends of different ethnicities in school, but the widespread diversity you describe was not the norm there since most of the people I knew were white and I was just friends with the people who I had classes/clubs with, so I do think that it depends on where you are in the US as well.

sabrahoumous

This was her strangest video that she's posted and I've been through the frozen peas and cabbage water porridge days with Ruby.

I keep thinking about it and there's something not right about it. I think that it would perhaps be an acceptable video if she was a teenager than a 24 year old. It gave me the vibes of a school project on nonsense poetry for English or media studies than something a masters student would do.

It just feels like she's going through a big regression since she's gone home, it starting off with the childish outfits and now this. I am expecting to see more odd food combinations coming again.

It's also very telling that she's been so quiet about Oxford the whole time, especially in comparison to Exeter where she was filming about her grades, speaking about her assignments. Ruby has been so quiet about Oxford other than her pretending to study in the library.

I don't think that she is getting the grades that she expected. I think ruby was expecting to get distinctions for all of her work 70% upwards for my MA course, and shes been given a few merits 60%+ or passes 50% +. I've had a mixture of all those during my course and it's upsetting not to get distinctions and merits all the time as to being honest, life happens and you get through the course as best you can and take the 58% .

I think that if ruby had all distinctions , she would be posting about it as it fits her image. I think that she would be very tight lipped about getting a merit compared to distinctions. I am convinced that she changed course in Exeter as she got a 50 something grade for her first theology essay and it ruined her from having straight firsts.

I don't know if she's had some bad news like a book has been rejected and she's on another debut novel or she's not got into a PhD application and the regression has been furthered by this.

I think once Oxford is finished she'll try and become a full time writer again in her parents house as she 'wants to spends lots of time with them,' or what she said in the gap year. I think that she'll continue to make content but I don't think that she'll be mentioning or discussing Oxford much and pretending it never happened.

I think that she's picked the course which wasn't for her. I think that she was mostly wanting the aestheticn and the idea of Oxford compared what she's actually experienced. I'm still convinced that she went for the dark academia aesthetic and that she will use it for a novel idea.
my mate is doing a literature masters at Oxford rn (different course to Ruby) but a 60% is a pass, you have to get 65% for a merit

crowleyskeeper1

Cant be arsed to go back and quote a relevant post in the thread, but has anyone mentioned that Ruby and Blakeney were sharing a bed on their trip to that hotel? At 18:11, you can see that the sofa bed is clearly unused, while the regular bed has been slept in on both sides.

I don't think they are necessarily together, but I am just a bit surprised none of the sapphic speculators have mentioned it.

Also, very surprised we have seen almost no mention of the Oxford Bird and Blend store? It's a great little shop, I always visit it when I'm in the city for a cup of tea.
That's pretty normal. For class trips in school we would share a hotel room with 2 queens and it was 2 people to a bed. We got to pick roommates, but they had to be of the same gender. If you didn't have enough friends going on the trip you ended up sharing a queen with a random person of the same gender, but it wasn't a big deal because it was high school, so usually you knew the person, just not very well.
---
Obviously we are here to talk about every part of Ruby's life because she's the one editing this trash and putting it out there in search of money, but since it's so clear that Blakeney isn't trying to be in the public eye I feel like it is unfair to speculate about things that she might not want to be broadcasted to everyone.
Is it clear? Most friends of influencers don't allow themselves to be filmed or photographed and posted publicly if they don't want to be in the public eye. I feel like if Blakeney had a problem with people online knowing and talking about her we wouldn't know her name to begin with.

Axl4

It's the worst. I also think it's 2x speed because her voice sounded higher pitched through a lot of the video.

In her previous vlog (the carrots in porridge one) Ruby said she'd decided to stay home and rest instead of travelling during her break. She must have changed her mind. Maybe got bored or something?
It's getting to the point where I can no longer listen to her videos because of the voice.

???? Nothing about her life is ‘our business or care’, though???? If you don’t believe it’s the case, that’s fine, and btw the bed thing wasn’t even brought up by someone who believes they like each other, it was someone else.

It’s funny for it to be dismissed as ‘not our business’ as if every single post in all 45 threads isn’t talking about stuff that is not our business!
Obviously we are here to talk about every part of Ruby's life because she's the one editing this trash and putting it out there in search of money, but since it's so clear that Blakeney isn't trying to be in the public eye I feel like it is unfair to speculate about things that she might not want to be broadcasted to everyone.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
You're right, she did well to leave King's Cross and arrive in Paris, given that the eurostar leaves from St pancras.
Seeing as she was in her University room at the beginning of the video my guess is that she caught a train from Oxford to London Marylebone, then caught an underground train from Marylebone to Kings Cross and then caught the Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris.

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
Oh no that's even worse. 🤦‍♀️😂 My mind went to Pacific Palisades because a lot of recent, popular YA novels (e.g. We Were Liars) have been about rich kids. I never would have guessed the title was referencing Ye Olde Medieval Fences. Let's hope there's more to the plot than 'we've lost our fence' because that doesn't sound very engaging.
My brain immediately went to that French song that translates as "my blackbird has lost a feather" and went "yeah seems legit" 😂 oh Ruby.

• Haha

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Can you imagine her supervisor and the other marker reading the section about Marigolds they will probably be thinking why on earth has she included this when it has nothing to do with the research topic. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if her supervisor and the other marker get confused as to what her dissertation is about given the fact that she has written about so many subjects instead of focusing on just one topic in particular. This dissertation honestly just sounds like one big disaster as she hasn't got a clue as to what she was writing about hence the reason IMO as to why she found the writing process stressful because she was focusing on too many subjects some of which have nothing to do with Early Modern Literature.
I’m struggling to see the link for marigolds. If she’s trying to link springtime and childhood then maybe a different flower, sine marigolds bloom in the summer … Herrick and roses maybe, but marigolds?

Corneilya

Many cities now have co working spaces which you can go to.
Hogging a table in a coffee shop; many of which are struggling financially, is just rude tbh unless you’re getting several drinks and sandwich to justify your extended time
Sadly most of them don't do that. And the employees don't dare to disturb them because well, they don't want themselves being in trouble if a client isn't happy so... And Ruby is the perfect illustration of the "I want to be seen 'studying' in a coffee shop just to look cool'.