Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I walk in the rain, my socks aren’t damp because I wear bleeping wellies. There’s no mud on my coat either, because unlike Roobee and swine, I do not wallow in anything. And I don’t think I’ve ever forgotten where I am. What she’s describing is something you’d expect from either a two-year-old or someone with a severe alcohol ethanol problem.

*edited so it’s clear I’m not referring to xylitol, maltitol or cetearyl alcohol

• Haha
Reactions: 33
This is like a pet peeve of mine, when people say a season is "one of their favourite seasons". You have only four options. Pick one.
Or just .. don't? It's not like we're all still at Primary school and we have to have a favourite season, colour, time of day, way of sneezing, whatever. I know Ruby refuses to see herself as a grown-up but most adults don't have time for this nonsense. I'm all for seeing wonder in ordinary things but having to have a favourite everything just seems juvenile. I like all the seasons, there are things I enjoy and things I hate about all of them and I recognise my privilege in being able to take pleasure in a frosty morning or a warm evening. Ruby just needs to calm it all down.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She's so stilted in the new tiktok. Giving cold and narcissistic middle aged, middle class English mum.

Reactions: 3
Nothing unusual here, but the camera angles in her latest video are awful and so inconsistent.
View attachment 2071186
Why is the camera here? She keeps on brushing against the curtain every single time she holds up a book. We can hardly see the bookcase in the background. It looks so bad.
View attachment 2071193

again, why did she choose to film from this angle? Why is the camera so low? The lighting is terrible! why do we have to see so much curtain?
I have noticed that after she moved her bed and had the new desk fitted into her room she doesn't have the same amount of space to move around in as the desk is really close to her bed and her bookshelves.
1680375846028.png

1680375996334.png

Reactions: 9
I get so mad when she makes this face to the camera. Who is this for?

IG.JPG

Reactions: 13
She just looks pained when she smiles like it and it's so put on, she looks old in that photo.

Reactions: 19
Oh god, her new video is a 47-minute bookshelf tour. Take a sip everytime she mispronounces an author - but keep it non-alcoholic 😂
Yeah, I'm not watching 47 mins worth of bookSHALF discussion. Surely a bookshelf tour should be 10-15 mins.

Reactions: 12
That caption (description? Idk what it's called) makes no sense. "The woodland paths have collected so much rain that you can't cross without the branches on either side." On either side what? On either side jabbing you? Without holding onto the branches on either side? Can't cross what? Arg my brain hurts, I've been working on an essay for my MA and this text would flummox me if it were part of an assignment.
This was bothering me too! Rain doesn't usually cause branches to spring up out of nowhere? Surely the branches would still be on either side even without the rain? I'm guessing it's 'without the branches on either side slapping you in the face and showering you with droplets of water'. This is a highly specific suggestion, but I have personal experience.

Rain is only nice when you can curl up on the sofa with a warm cup of tea and a blanket. Although I also love summer rainstorms when it's been soooo hot for days and with the rain you get a moment of coolness and freshness.
What is happening to me, gushing about summer rainy days? Has Ruby finally influenced me to the point of no return?
Haha. I love warm summer rain. And the sound of heavy rain against window panes - so relaxing. I think we've both been influenced. 😐 It's spreading like a virus. Next we'll have gossip guy writing sonnets about the mists.

Reactions: 13
When you are coming from a family with the cottage in nature surely it would be fun to walk in the rain and roll in the mud. Us peasants who live in crowded cities experience things differently. When I go out in rain I deal with;
- dirty water dripping down from roofs,
-try not to be hit or stabbed by people carrying umbrellas low,
-cars splashing dirty water on me while i can not go back home and change so i stay with wet clothes for hours

• Haha
Reactions: 18
When you are coming from a family with the cottage in nature surely it would be fun to walk in the rain and roll in the mud. Us peasants who live in crowded cities experience things differently. When I go out in rain I deal with;
-cars splashing dirty water on me while i can not go back home and change so i stay with wet clothes for hours
I live in 'nature', currently in Australia. So a walk in any weather is hoping there are no snakes. In the rain, cane toads jumping around my feet. Its not aesthetic. Then I work in the city and experience what you describe. Maybe we aren't 'romanticising' our lives enough 🤣

Reactions: 11
I feel like her room was already super small, but I also think a lot of the furniture is placed really weirdly? I personally couldn't sleep in a twin (but I know people who do) &I thought the removal of the (king? queen?) would make a lot more space in her room. But...maybe if Ruby had sense, her new desk could have gone in the place of where the old ugly school-desk is or whatever moldy tit of the week is there.

Also, the dogs howling and screaming while she reads poetry in the new video is a nice touch.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Maybe we aren't 'romanticising' our lives enoug
Its the imposition coming from the very well priviledged that annoys me. And the pretention that "all is well always" also disgusts me. She acts double faced. (Not a new fact but i realize it once again in this occasion)

Reactions: 3
after watching the bookshelves tour video is it not kinda hard to justify why you went for the 1550 course instead of victorian literature?
(we all now why tho)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
after watching the bookshelves tour video is it not kinda hard to justify why you went for the 1550 course instead of victorian literature?
(we all now why tho)
It’s so weird how as a literature lover she doesn’t even make the effort to read books from that period now she’s doing the course. Even if it’s not your FAVOURITE period you are doing the course… :)

Reactions: 17
my work locker is literally full of extra socks tights trousers in case some pest in a car soaks me walking from the train station to my office.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.