Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lol the way she glosses over ”a physical copy of the journal I had an essay published in” - what is this ”Journal of Literary Essays”, Roobee? 🤔 Don’t think we won’t sleuth it out. (unless you made it with your cricut #notsponsored #gifted)

edit: it’s the U of Maryland Paper Shell Review apparently and we’ve seen the essay, click here to revisit the tragedeigh

3F27FB68-C274-4A45-8BBD-7A1E73385992.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Untitled567546464580980968797566789455798986754YUI55646567547797874576570985476455645678680-=7...png

It can't just be a bookshelf tour, it has to be an ASSTHATTICK BOCKSHALF TWOOR, with "antique, beautiful books", not "beautiful antique books".

Ruby just got accepted into Oxford, but capital letters are still a struggle for her. Why are the words in brackets in her titles never capitalised? Why can she never use (or misuse) capital letters consistently?

We're apparently only getting a tour of two shelves in this nearly hour-long video, so this is part one of several, I guess? Ruby doesn't know the difference between bookshelves and bookcases, much like her inability to learn the difference between candles and candlesticks. Again, Oxford material, definitely lots of brain activity happening.

Untitled56754646458098096879756678945579897879886754YU80789I5564656754779787457657098547645564...jpg

"This is my farrsst bockshalf," Ruby says, QVC-posing in front of a bookcase.

Untitled56754646455678098096879756678945579897879886754YU80789I5564656754779787457657098547645...jpg

"And than...this is moiy SACKOND bockshalf," she says, pointing to a celestial chart hung on a blank wall.

Ruby appears to be displaying a 'process of elimination' tactic in identifying what a bookshelf is, by pointing to every object that isn't a bookshelf until she finally narrows it down. Maybe she'll get there one day.

Untitled567546464580980968797566789455798986754YU80789I556465675477978745765709854764556456786...png

It's quite fitting that she also has childish drawings of her own creation plastered on her wall like trophies. Evidently Mummy told her there was no room on the fridge for these works of..."art" and she was forced to tape them on her own wall instead.

Ruby claims that immediately after the last bookcaseshelf tour, people were demanding another one. In Ruby's world of deluded fantasy, her fans were commenting "Do it again! Encore!" mere moments after she uploaded it, crying out to see the exact same video they'd just watched of Ruby pointing at books she'd never read.

Untitled56754646455678098096879756678945579897889787988674564554YU80789I5564656754779787457657...jpg

"The BEEYOOOTIFOL bocks hyear, which...you can offcwoarse farrsst seee aree moiy CHAARLDS DICKINS BOHKS."

In reality, these aren't Ruby's and were yoinked from the family library to pad out her shelves with some literary cred in a previous "bookshalf twooar". She didn't have enough books to fill out or justify the extra bookcase and had to shove family books, borrowed books and library books on to fill space and make herself look like a bookworm despite all evidence to the contrary.

Untitled5675464645567809809687975667894557989787988674564554YU80789I55646567547797874576570985...jpg

"Annnd, oiy've gwot this caaahndlestick holdaaah - Oxfwud cahhhndlsetick," she says, picking up an Oxford candle from a candlestick.

With her hollow coconut of a brain and the mental deficiency on display, I'm beginning to suspect that it wasn't Oxford University that she got into...

3a1bf0_0c240e6595fa48bcaedac260ee916d83_mv2 - Copy.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I think her disappointment with the course at Oxford could be the fact she actually got rejected from Cambridge. She mentioned in a video a while back looking at Cambridge masters. Looking at the courses in comparison to Oxford it seems that they are much more theory focused in contrast to Oxford which all have a strong history element to it (the fact that each degrees are separated by timelines). I think she was hoping to get into Cambridge as oxford rival uni as a ‘I don’t need Oxford’ type of thing but it didn’t work out. Hence the lack of reaction about her getting accepted. I think she’s panicking now because Cambridge english masters seem much more flexible and not as structured as Oxfords, queue the intense reading of books relevant to her course even though she has probably no clear interest in that era/history in general.

Reactions: 19
I'm still thinking about Ruby's children's book apparently being too "experimental". I'm so curious what exactly her agent meant by that. I honestly can't think of anything that would be too experimental for a modern children's book, unless it's something inappropriate? Or just a polite way to say it's bad lol
I think it was all that experimental spelling ...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
View attachment 2069201

It can't just be a bookshelf tour, it has to be an ASSTHATTICK BOCKSHALF TWOOR, with "antique, beautiful books", not "beautiful antique books".

Ruby just got accepted into Oxford, but capital letters are still a struggle for her. Why are the words in brackets in her titles never capitalised? Why can she never use (or misuse) capital letters consistently?

We're apparently only getting a tour of two shelves in this nearly hour-long video, so this is part one of several, I guess? Ruby doesn't know the difference between bookshelves and bookcases, much like her inability to learn the difference between candles and candlesticks. Again, Oxford material, definitely lots of brain activity happening.

"This is my farrsst bockshalf," Ruby says, QVC-posing in front of a bookcase.

"And than...this is moiy SACKOND bockshalf," she says, pointing to a celestial chart hung on a blank wall.

Ruby appears to be displaying a 'process of elimination' tactic in identifying what a bookshelf is, by pointing to every object that isn't a bookshelf until she finally narrows it down. Maybe she'll get there one day.

It's quite fitting that she also has childish drawings of her own creation plastered on her wall like trophies. Evidently Mummy told her there was no room on the fridge for these works of..."art" and she was forced to tape them on her own wall instead.

Ruby claims that immediately after the last bookcaseshelf tour, people were demanding another one. In Ruby's world of deluded fantasy, her fans were commenting "Do it again! Encore!" mere moments after she uploaded it, crying out to see the exact same video they'd just watched of Ruby pointing at books she'd never read.

"The BEEYOOOTIFOL bocks hyear, which...you can offcwoarse farrsst seee aree moiy CHAARLDS DICKINS BOHKS."

In reality, these aren't Ruby's and were yoinked from the family library to pad out her shelves with some literary cred in a previous "bookshalf twooar". She didn't have enough books to fill out or justify the extra bookcase and had to shove family books, borrowed books and library books on to fill space and make herself look like a bookworm despite all evidence to the contrary.

"Annnd, oiy've gwot this caaahndlestick holdaaah - Oxfwud cahhhndlsetick," she says, picking up an Oxford candle from a candlestick.

With her hollow coconut of a brain and the mental deficiency on display, I'm beginning to suspect that it wasn't Oxford University that she got into...
So grateful for this recap. Im going to treat it as a synopsis. I feel like Im up to date and don't have to watch the video lol. Seriously, I watched the first few minutes and realised its going to be a REALLY hard watch. Might have to do it in small sections. Or just have it on in the background while I fold the laundry and do the dishes.

Reactions: 13
So grateful for this recap. Im going to treat it as a synopsis. I feel like Im up to date and don't have to watch the video lol. Seriously, I watched the first few minutes and realised its going to be a REALLY hard watch. Might have to do it in small sections. Or just have it on in the background while I fold the laundry and do the dishes.
You're not alone, that was only a recap of the first minute or so, which was as much as I could be bothered to watch.

I got as far as the first of what I'm sure of many instances of Ruby robotically parrotting old lecture handouts and passing them off as her own thoughts on the books and then I bailed.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Seeing how she aggressively thumps those books down while carelessly flicking through the pages to show us the "beetiful illstrayshuns", I'm scared for the priceless manuscripts she'll be handling. I can only hope that the pages don't detach from the binding and fall face down on to the table.

Reactions: 18
She seems to have tons of brainless fans, it wouldn't be a surprise if they really asked for a video like this tbh.

Reactions: 5
I thought the page was going to rip when she did the slow reveal of the Keats title page. She is so uncaring and thoughtless with her belongings.
---
Ugh. She's still pronouncing Rudyard Kiping as 'Rude Yard Kipling'

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I think her disappointment with the course at Oxford could be the fact she actually got rejected from Cambridge. She mentioned in a video a while back looking at Cambridge masters. Looking at the courses in comparison to Oxford it seems that they are much more theory focused in contrast to Oxford which all have a strong history element to it (the fact that each degrees are separated by timelines). I think she was hoping to get into Cambridge as oxford rival uni as a ‘I don’t need Oxford’ type of thing but it didn’t work out. Hence the lack of reaction about her getting accepted. I think she’s panicking now because Cambridge english masters seem much more flexible and not as structured as Oxfords, queue the intense reading of books relevant to her course even though she has probably no clear interest in that era/history in general.
I don't think she'd ever go to Cambridge, it's too far away from home - at Oxford she can she her parents every weekend if she wants to. She was probably feigning interest in Cambridge to make her feel better about not getting into Oxford, but it's obvious she's always been obsessed with it and still is.

Reactions: 14
She thinks she does though - she just half-asses it like she does everything else.
Just what I was going to stay. I think her opinion of self is much greater than her actual ability. She is, imo, lacking in so many areas but particularly an ability for honest self-reflection. Her masters may not be a hurdle but a PhD most certainly will be. Imagine her having to defend her thesis? Nah, not gonna happen - or at least I don't think so.
---
Yep that was the one. Though she seemed to drop the idea very quickly, so maybe even she realised how batshit it was. 😅 How did she expect to find evidence? I'm imagining her snooping around graveyards with a spade and a notebook.
Don't think she'd bother to look for the evidence even if there was some to be found. All this hard work BS is a pretence. I must just be old & cynical as I don't buy it for a second. More evidence than not to support the I'm a fake hypothesis.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think I am losing my mind... She just won't stop asking people about their favourite weather?? I think I am imagining things. I think Ruby is not real. A 23-year-old woman, constantly talking about how she likes sun and fog but also rain, and April and May but also July? Is she trying to gaslight us into insanity or am I already insane and imagining things? Is tattle.life even a thing? Is gossip_guy a person? As Nabowkof once said, "I am Ruby or Ruby is I, or perhaps we both are someone neither of us knows. Have a productive week!"

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I mean, people living in the real world wouldn't say rain is their favourite weather... especially when they have to walk to work etc

Reactions: 25
y78456467yu - Copy.png

BREAKING NEWS: Ruby's found the cure for dementia! It's IMPOSSIBLE to forget where you are when you walk in the rain.

Search and Rescue teams will also need to revise their training so they know not to waste time searching for anyone during disasters while it's raining, since they won't actually be lost until it stops raining.

Police will need to revise missing persons paperwork to add an extra check. It must have been over 48 hours and it must be dry outside before they'll consider someone missing.

I think I am losing my mind... She just won't stop asking people about their favourite weather?? I think I am imagining things. I think Ruby is not real. A 23-year-old woman, constantly talking about how she likes sun and fog but also rain, and April and May but also July? Is she trying to gaslight us into insanity or am I already insane and imagining things? Is tattle.life even a thing? Is gossip_guy a person? As Nabowkof once said, "I am Ruby or Ruby is I, or perhaps we both are someone neither of us knows. Have a productive week!"
If you start to question if yourself or someone else exists, or if you can walk, apparently it needs to be raining to confirm this. If you are unable to walk in general, that doesn't matter; mobility be damned, in the rain you'll be reminded that you are walking apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I mean, people living in the real world wouldn't say rain is their favourite weather... especially when they have to walk to work etc
There's nothing quite like standing in the rain in the cold and dark after a long day at work, waiting for a bus that doesn't arrive, to zap the romance out of rain.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
If you start to question if yourself or someone else exists, or if you can walk, apparently it needs to be raining to confirm this. If you are unable to walk in general, that doesn't matter; mobility be damned, in the rain you'll be reminded that you are walking apparently.
Ruby when she goes out in the rain and confirms that she exists. (Alas, she is an android.)
1680363459052.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There's nothing quite like standing in the rain in the cold and dark after a long day at work, waiting for a bus that doesn't arrive, to zap the romance out of rain.
Rain is only nice when you can curl up on the sofa with a warm cup of tea and a blanket. Although I also love summer rainstorms when it's been soooo hot for days and with the rain you get a moment of coolness and freshness.
What is happening to me, gushing about summer rainy days? Has Ruby finally influenced me to the point of no return?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 2071109

BREAKING NEWS: Ruby's found the cure for dementia! It's IMPOSSIBLE to forget where you are when you walk in the rain.

Search and Rescue teams will also need to revise their training so they know not to waste time searching for anyone during disasters while it's raining, since they won't actually be lost until it stops raining.

Police will need to revise missing persons paperwork to add an extra check. It must have been over 48 hours and it must be dry outside before they'll consider someone missing.

That caption (description? Idk what it's called) makes no sense. "The woodland paths have collected so much rain that you can't cross without the branches on either side." On either side what? On either side jabbing you? Without holding onto the branches on either side? Can't cross what? Arg my brain hurts, I've been working on an essay for my MA and this text would flummox me if it were part of an assignment.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Nothing unusual here, but the camera angles in her latest video are awful and so inconsistent.
DAB9F4C8-15F5-4A04-B0DC-1E88F2839E9F.jpeg

Why is the camera here? She keeps on brushing against the curtain every single time she holds up a book. We can hardly see the bookcase in the background. It looks so bad.
2610943E-2961-4651-9A17-030283F7E5C4.jpeg

again, why did she choose to film from this angle? Why is the camera so low? The lighting is terrible! why do we have to see so much curtain?

Reactions: 17
This is like a pet peeve of mine, when people say a season is "one of their favourite seasons". You have only four options. Pick one.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.